[ROM] [OFFICIAL] Omnirom nightlys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
@maxwen Do you think Omnirom Marshmallow will be dirty flashable over Lollipop Omni or will it require a clean flash?

Lähetetty OnePlus Onesta Tapatalkilla
In theory yes

In reality - no
We needed to revert a lot of features for the moment witch will make an incremental update very unlikely :)

Sent from my FIND7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Phyrene and theCroh

lokesh.3440

Apr 24, 2012
Shimla
In theory yes

In reality - no
We needed to revert a lot of features for the moment witch will make an incremental update very unlikely :)

I would love to test your M builds. Would you mind sharing your build link ?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Gabeloooooo

Jul 4, 2012
Anyone has issues with Lock Screen becoming unresponsive from time to time?

I often wake up my phone and find I can't unlock the screen. It's like it can't recognize my fingers anymore (the camera and phone shortcuts move randomly when I try to unlock).

Can't even press the items in shut down menu when I make it appear. Only solution is to power down phone by holding power button long enough and rebooting.

Happens maybe every 2-3 days?

Last edited:

lumufei

Apr 21, 2014
in some App the image is reversed ?how to fix ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20151129-222226.jpg
    Screenshot_20151129-222226.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 447

evertking

May 25, 2013
Could some one help me out? I can flash every ROM in the forums but when it comes to omni/omni based I can not vet it to boot.. 5.1.1-6.0.0 same problems.

cesarp3791

Sep 5, 2012
Could some one help me out? I can flash every ROM in the forums but when it comes to omni/omni based I can not vet it to boot.. 5.1.1-6.0.0 same problems.

I have the same problem, installed several ROMs without a single problem, but Omnirom never booted (at least the 5.1.1 one), just got stuck on OnePlus logo bootlooping and never showed the Omnirom logo...

What firmware version do you have? What is the recovery you are using and which version?

Right now i'm using SlimSaber CAF with latest HydrogenOS firmware (previously had the 241 one, Omnirom didn't booted with that one anyways).. TWRP 2.8.7.0.4 materialised, which can install firmwares correctly..

I've been wanting to install Omnirom to get to know the AOSP stability and battery friendly status (that i've read, anyway, correct me if i'm wrong)..

What do you suggest to do to get it to boot Omnirom properly?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Arju

Nov 11, 2008
Örebro/Sweden
I have the same problem, installed several ROMs without a single problem, but Omnirom never booted (at least the 5.1.1 one), just got stuck on OnePlus logo bootlooping and never showed the Omnirom logo...

Right now i'm using SlimSaber CAF with latest HydrogenOS firmware (previously had the 241 one, Omnirom didn't booted with that one anyways).. TWRP 2.8.7.0.4 materialised, which can install firmwares correctly..

I've been wanting to install Omnirom to get to know the AOSP stability and battery friendly status (that i've read, anyway, correct me if i'm wrong)..

What do you suggest to do to get it to boot Omnirom properly?

Thanks!
What error do you get in twrp. I think it could be firmware incompatibility. Try to flash firmware version 241 and then reboot into slimsaber caf and then reboot into twrp and then flash omni again. That should make the ROM flash. After that you could flash hydrogenos firmware if that's your preferred firmware.

Reactions: cesarp3791

cesarp3791

Sep 5, 2012
It's a known issue that it won't boot on certain devices. Exact reason has not been found yet

Thanks! I thought that i was missing a step or not following correctly installation instructions. Will check after a while if it gets solved ;)

What error do you get in twrp. I think it could be firmware incompatibility. Try to flash firmware version 241 and then reboot into slimsaber caf and then reboot into twrp and then flash omni again. That should make the ROM flash. After that you could flash hydrogenos firmware if that's your preferred firmware.

Will do at some moment, right now testing HydrogenOS firmware.. Calls are definitely better, before both ends struggled to hear each other normally, now it doesn't.. Thanks for your instructions, they'll be helpful later :)

Reactions: Arju

fajabird

Aug 15, 2011
It's a known issue that it won't boot on certain devices. Exact reason has not been found yet

I'm affected too. Already tried a few things:
1. clean flash (factory reset before/after flashing omnirom)
2. different omnirom versions (latest 5.1.1 and 6.0-Homemade)
3. resetting device (cm12.1-YOG4PAS3JL) which includes bootloader and radio images via fastboot

non worked!

Last edited:

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
I'm affected too. Already tried a few things:
1. clean flash (factory reset before/after flashing omnirom)
2. different omnirom versions (latest 5.1.1 and 6.0-Homemade)
3. resetting device (cm12.1-YOG4PAS3JL) which includes bootloader and radio images via fastboot

non worked!
Have you ever tried if you get a last_kmsg when you force reboot the device?

fajabird

Aug 15, 2011
Have you ever tried if you get a last_kmsg when you force reboot the device?

My device absolutely won't boot with any omnirom version - don't know hot to get some logs.

Additionally I did the following today, because in addition to omni-rom I have the problem that I'm not able to revert back to any TWRP version before 2.8.6.1 (only 2.8.6.1 and 2.8.7.0 are booting on my device).

1. reverted back to stock CM11S-factory-image including all radio/modem partitions
2. installed twrp 2.8.6.0

Now twrp 2.8.6.0 was booting and I tried to flash omni 5.1.1 which again failed to boot (modem dependencies not met), but a different way than before. After updating radio/modem to CM12S twrp 2.8.6.0 was not starting anymore and I had to update TWRP to at least 2.8.6.1.

The TWRP-problem seems very similar to what I see from omni-rom - simply does not boot. And again - its not affecting ALL bacons, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Omnirom
    omnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-250px-150x150.png

Flash at your own risk!

IMPORTANT:
    Since 5.1.1.-20151021 nightly we changed the vendor files to find7a including camera. If you have Problems with a recorded video file you can fix this maybe with this Link ! So far it's tested with VLC on Linux and Windows Media Player on Windows 10. It worked like a charm :) !

This is a very cool thing ... you are now able to install OPPO Camera and use the awesome 50 MPixel feature :) -> Link

Sources: http://www.github.com/omnirom/
    (the Oneplus One source is called find7op)

Gerrit: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/

Gapps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2792842

SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Recovery http://twrp.me/Devices/

Bug reports: http://jira.omnirom.org

How to flash:
    1. Boot into your TWRP recovery.
    2. Backup your existing Rom.
    3. Wipe partitions.
    4. Flash the Rom.
    5. Flash Gapps.
    6. Wipe Cache and Dalvik.
    (7. If you need it flash SuperSU.)

Reboot your device.

Bugs: You tell me !

Download Nightly Builds [5.1.1]: https://dl.omnirom.org/find7op

Download development (homebuild) builds: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=22231

XDA:DevDB Information
    Omnirom for Oneplus One, ROM for the ONEPLUS ONE

Contributors
    samstone86, maxwen, scanno, Entropy512
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/omnirom/

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: OmniROM

Version Information

Created 2014-09-22
    Last Updated 2015-10-21
    e.g. Radio

This is by far not daily driver ready. So I have no idea why he did this. But just to be sure - no bug reports against this! Not even a single word here :)

But I can say that we are making good progress for 6.0 on find7 and find7op
    Broken radio is the most noticable problem at the moment.
    Aside from that proper testing needs to be doen before we are
    going to provide first test builds to you.
    IMPORTANT:
    Since 5.1.1.-20151021 nightly we changed the vendor files to find7a including camera. If you have Problems with a recorded video file you can fix this maybe with this Link ! So far it's tested with VLC on Linux and Windows Media Player on Windows 10. It worked like a charm :) !

This is a very cool thing ... you are now able to install OPPO Camera and use the awesome 50 MPixel feature :) -> Link
    Hi guys, I've made an unofficial homebuild synced up to today's modifications (you can check omni's gerrit to see what's new). It's straight and pure sourcebuilt omni 5.0.2 without any modifications. Many thanks to @scanno for helping get everything straight to achieve a working build.

Here's the link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934524918

I'll try to build once or twice a week (unless our devs do it before) in case that helps the team anyhow, letting them concentrate on coding if that's their desire.

Cheers :good:
    ATTENTION!!!
    Switching from one of the test builds to nightlies requires a clean flash!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone