It will brick. I have attempted it a long time ago, didn't work. Why? Many phones now have anti-rollback protection nowadays. So just back up everything then nuke the phone's SSD with MSMTool and factory OOS 11 (or 12) image, then update the phone as appropriate. Afterwards, install the Nameless ROM. I am currently staying on Nameless ROM that's using Android 11 bootloader until I get the external SSD to move my stuff over prior to updating.
Dude, you are my hero, this definitely helpful for anyone who follows every step precisely and can't boot.This may seem stupid, but after hours of being unsuccessful, I realized that when you click the download link, the big green download button actually downloads the ROM from July 8th and not the most up to date one. You need to click the up to date ROM in the list. That solved all my issues.
On a side note, I see that wireguard is build into the kernel from the source code, but the wireguard app isn't seeing the kernel. Anyone have a solution for this?
Well i was searching for workaround. I came across Basic Call Recorder Link. Installed it using magisk.
thing is ... I do not have windows myself
perhaps i will try
[GUIDE] Unbrick or restore to OOS using only fastboot
and post findings hereThis guide is for users that can't or just don't want to download MsmDownloadTool. Linux users especially, since the tool is not available for linux. All you need is a recent version of android tools with a fastboot capable of executing fastboot...forum.xda-developers.com
you are on oos11 firmware. you will have to go back to oos via the msmtool unlock boot loader and update to the latest oos12. i recommend looking in the telegram group thoroughly before doing anything
12.1 20220708-0926 is in kebab-11 folder so I guess it is for 11 firmware.
I had unlocked the bootloader, before flashing.
I went through this yesterday evening and hit many snags and confusions due to looking up different posts... So I thought I'd write down my process in the hope it helps others.
- In command window: adb reboot fastboot (into fastbootd <- note the d!)
That was a note for me - I noticed it was fastbootd and looked different from the fastboot previously - removed it now.This part is confusing to me - you say "note the d!" but the correct command is "adb reboot fastboot" without a d. However that is different from "adb reboot bootloader" ...
adb reboot bootloader - gets you into the fastboot bootloader.
adb reboot fastboot - gets you into fastbootd, which is what we want in this step.
adb reboot fastbootd - device doesn't know what "fastbootd" is, so just reboots to your regular system.
Clear as mud, ha ha.
Thanks for the guide.
For anyone wondering, this process works. It's basically what I was doing before, but the copy-partitions zip I think is the secret to it all. I'm now on the latest Nameless rom.I went through this yesterday evening and hit many snags and confusions due to looking up different posts... So I thought I'd write down my process in the hope it helps others.
Before you begin
- Backup of all Data, Fully charged battery, really backup all your data
- Know how to use Windows command prompt, move files and folders about in explorer (or know how to set the PATH variable)
- Follow this guide at your own risk!
- MSM tool: https://www.getdroidtips.com/oneplus-msm-download-tool/
- Version 11 OS Package: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/list/Unbrick_Tools/OnePlus_8T/EU_KB05BA/R(11)/
- QualCom drivers from here: https://www.thecustomdroid.com/qualcomm-hs-usb-qdloader-9008-drivers/
- Namesless rom latest: https://sourceforge.net/projects/na...ebab-12.1-20220723-1310-Official.zip/download
- copypartitions.zip: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693768129
- payload extractor: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850510260
- Install ADB + QualCom drivers. Reboot is required
- To check, connect phone to PC, reboot phone to fastboot, check device manager for anything with a yellow "!". Then repeat when in recovery. If you have issues here Fix this BEFORE continuing
- Extract Nameless ROM zip
- Extract payload extractor zip
- copy payload.bin from ROM to payload_input folder where you extracted payload dumper
- Command prompt -> run payload_dumper.exe (takes about 5 minutes)
- In the payload_output folder will be .img files. You'll need these later
Roll phone back to Android 11 with MSM tool
- Follow msm guide: https://www.getdroidtips.com/oneplus-msm-download-tool/. Took 900s to complete
- Complete first boot setup sequence, don't restore any data, skip as must as you can. Don't perform system udpate. Stop apps updating.
- Install Oxygen Updater -> Download KB2003_11_C.21 (Android 12) ~3.88Gb
- Whilst that's happening: Enable Developer Mode, Enable OEM Unlocking, Enable USB Debugging
- Once download complete, copy the update .zip file from root of phone to your PC
Update phone to Android 12
- In command window: adb reboot fastboot
- In command window: fastboot reboot bootloader (as soon as you press enter to run the command type and run the next one so it's waiting)
- fastboot oem unlock
- Accept the text menu and phone will reboot and wipes itself
- Clear setup asap, bypass / skip / ignore all you can
- Copy downloaded oxygen update from PC to root of phone
- Local install using Oxygen download file (ignore the system update) + reboot
- Enable USB Debugging
- In command window: adb devices -> ensure you're authorised
- In command windows: adb reboot fastboot
If you miss a step and boot the phone it's likely not going to be stuffed. In this case, force it back to EDL mode (adb reboot edl) or hold the up + down volume buttons for ~40s and start with the MSM tool again.
- In command window: open the payload_output folder (with the extracted .img files from earlier):
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.img
- fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Use fastboot menus to reboot to recovery (new blue one)
- Press "Install update" -> "ADB Sideload"
- In command window: adb devices - ensure it says "sideload" and not "unauthorised"
- In command window: adb sideload copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip
- Reboot recovery from menus on phone
- In command window: adb devices - ensure it says "sideload" and not unauthorised
- In command window: adb sideload Nameless-AOSP_kebab-12.1-20220723-1310-Official.zip
- Click back arrow in recovery, then click "Factory reset" -> "Format data/factory reset" -> "Format data"
- Click back arrow in recovery, then click "Reboot to system"
This rom is first custom rom for my 9r.
I've posted how I managed to do it on OOS12 firmware here:
fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img fastboot flash recovery_b recovery.img