• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][OTA] Kraken Project for Samsung Galaxy J5 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Should he try to get back into twrp and restore an old backup of his? Or just reflash the LP BL aosp that he reffered to so he can get into the dev settings and get thise checked off?
He definitely hasnt done a backup because that would have been the first thing he should have tried.
Ya I think he needs to flash an LP rom with twrp just to get the device booted but im honestly lost now because I don't know what he is after doing and if he really does have twrp or stock recovery.
Because why would OEM unlock and USB debugging be enabled if he already has twrp?
I think if he does have twrp and tried upgrading to Jens build, he is after flashing the recovery to the boot partition instead of recovery

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
He definitely hasnt done a backup because that would have been the first thing he should have tried.
Ya I think he needs to flash an LP rom with twrp just to get the device booted but im honestly lost now because I don't know what he is after doing and if he really does have twrp or stock recovery.
Because why would OEM unlock and USB debugging be enabled if he already has twrp?
I think if he does have twrp and tried upgrading to Jens build, he is after flashing the recovery to the boot partition instead of recovery

I'm a bit confused myself, but like i told him and i think you clarified on the point, that oreo and above need the MM BL and the 3.2.3.0 twrp. I think thats his endgame, but i see too much reliance on the LP BL and this aosp rom out of people in general. It may be good, but its an adapt to the current and future standards or be left in the dust kind of situation.

Hamidltf

Nov 16, 2018
مشهد
I have a backup of the previous rom.
The only way is to flash through z3x
He told me that this rom is applicable to LP BOOTLOADER :crying:
My only problem is the recovery.img file
Right now my custom ROM is right

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

I'm a bit confused myself, but like i told him and i think you clarified on the point, that oreo and above need the MM BL and the 3.2.3.0 twrp. I think thats his endgame, but i see too much reliance on the LP BL and this aosp rom out of people in general. It may be good, but its an adapt to the current and future standards or be left in the dust kind of situation.
And you dear friend
, do not comment When you do not have information about installing the ROM.
It was your fault that I made a mistake

Last edited:

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
I have a backup of the previous rom.
The only way is to flash through z3x
He told me that this rom is applicable to LP BOOTLOADER :crying:
My only problem is the recovery.img file
Right now my custom ROM is right

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

And you dear friend
, do not comment When you do not have information about installing the ROM.
It was your fault that I made a mistake

Hang on. Why am i getting blamed? Your rom's op clearly stated that it was a LP BL rom. This rom here is a MM BL rom. You tried to install a MM BL rom on LP BL. :confused:

Reactions: The Penguin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kraken-banner-XDA.png

Code:
     /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

About:
    Our proposal is giving the best of clean Android experience, without forgetting few useful personalizations!

GApps:
    DON'T FLASH GAPPS, The OpenGApps project is already included.

What's working:
    Boots
    RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Flash
    Maybe more I haven't tested everything, let me know

Known issues:
    Netflix

Instructions:
    Download the latest build
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build
    Reboot

Special Thanks:
    LineageOS
    OpenGApps
    ViperOS
    AospExtended
    crDroid
    DirtyUnicorns

Downloads:
    * Download Kraken *

* Github Source *
    * Telegram News *
    * Telegram Chat *

XDA:DevDB Information
    Kraken Project, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    EsromTech
    Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/android_kernel_samsung_msm8916

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: Lineage, AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-05-22
    Last Updated 2019-07-03
    New update to J5 2015 variants

Changelog:

- Fixed dialer default
    - Improvements colors accent
    - Improvements OTA services
    - Update GApps
    - Source rom update
    - Pie gestures enabled default

Downloads:
    J5LTE
    J5NLTE
    J5LTECHN
    J53GXX
    Reserved

I'm getting good feedback from anyone who used ROM. They know about its purpose and have adhered to it in an acceptable way.

At the moment the only problem encountered is something that you can correct yourself. The default dialer does not default to the applications in Settings, so you just need to do this manually:
    Go to Settings > Apps and Notifications > Apps Default

Set up Dialer as default app.

Enjoy.

Source info
    The device has been discontinued by me because I do not have a device to continue. I'm closing the thread indefinitely.