[ROM][OFFICIAL][otus] CyanogenMod 13 for Moto E 3G

Search This thread

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
1oXkC6z.png

Official CyanogenMod 13 nighties are coming to otus! Most device specific bugs have been sorted out, so it should be fairly stable and usable. However, CM13 itself is still undergoing heavy development, so some bugs are to be expected.

Changelogs:
CMXLog Official Nightly Changelogs

Downloads:
Official nightly builds
Old test builds

Sources:
Device: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_otus/tree/cm-13.0
Kernel: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_motorola_otus/tree/cm-13.0
Vendor: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola/tree/cm-13.0/otus

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 13 for Moto E 3G (otus), ROM for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
squid2, scritch007, percy_g2, Ashwin007
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-12-01
Last Updated 2015-12-17

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
Installation Instructions

Prerequisites:
Either TWRP or Cyanogen recovery must be installed. I recommend TWRP.

New/Clean Installation Instructions:
  1. In TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe and erase system, data, cache, and dalvik
  2. Flash the CyanogenMod zip
  3. Flash GApps (optional)
  4. Reboot

Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Flash the CyanogenMod zip
  2. If you are upgrading after a few weeks or more, and use GApps, reflash GApps.
  3. Erase cache and dalvik cache
  4. Reboot

Recommended GApps:
As of December 2nd, I've tested with the November 21 Build of BaNkS gapps and they appear to work well. OpenGApps might also work, but I'm not sure, and they were broken at some point last week.

Last edited:

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
Build Failure

Unfortunately, the first nightly build attempt failed due to a bit of carelessness on my part. I forgot to "git add -A" when I was updating the blobs on TheMuppets (CM vendor blobs repo). It should be fixed for the next round of nightlies.

daniel910821

Jun 3, 2012
Unfortunately, the first nightly build attempt failed due to a bit of carelessness on my part. I forgot to "git add -A" when I was updating the blobs on TheMuppets (CM vendor blobs repo). It should be fixed for the next round of nightlies.

Is there any chance that you upload a build with latest changes, as there're a lot of usefull changes for this nightly?

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013

Wow, I thought watching the build list was an OCD delight but this is even better!

...Oh no! A recent change in the CyanogenMod settings code broke otus because of MotoDoze. That's a bummer. I'll patch it now and make you a reconciliatory unofficial build.

I saw 3 errors all of which mentioned MotoDoze errors and was wondering. Thanks for the explanation. Will wait here until the build bots spit out CM13.

Last edited:

akka47

Nov 5, 2014

make: *** [/opt/jenkins/android/workspace/android/cm-13.0/out/target/common/obj/APPS/MotoDoze_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex] Error 41
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Install: /opt/jenkins/android/workspace/android/cm-13.0/out/target/product/otus/system/usr/share/vim/indoff.vim
make: Leaving directory `/opt/jenkins/android/workspace/android/cm-13.0'

#### make failed to build some targets (27:35 (mm:ss)) ####

real 27m34.517s
user 366m46.703s
sys 28m43.323s

Build failed.
Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
Finished: FAILURE

:crying: :crying: :crying:

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
:crying: :crying: :crying:

That build failure was sad to see. I had been looking forward to the first nightly build for days. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. I've already put up a fix for the failure on gerrit. In the interim, since I'm sure you all want to try a new build, and I want to make sure it builds properly, I'm going to be making an unofficial build tonight and will post it in an hour. You should be able to flash tomorrow's nightly over top of tonight's unofficial build once it comes out.

P.S. Even the mighty victara failed the nightly build due to the same moved class.

Last edited:

raghavarora1997

Jan 13, 2015
In CM13 I am unable to activate cellular data, i use single sim in a dual sim variant, maybe that's the reason as in Titan. And if that's the case is there any workaround for this except using two sims?

Sent from my Moto E using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: saif2406

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
In CM13 I am unable to activate cellular data, i use single sim in a dual sim variant, maybe that's the reason as in Titan. And if that's the case is there any workaround for this except using two sims?

Sent from my Moto E using XDA Free mobile app

There are two patches needed to fix this that are up on gerrit but haven't been merged in yet. Its the same issue as on dual SIM Titan.

abyz12

Dec 1, 2015
New delhi
rootmygalaxy.net
OnePlus 7 Pro
when nightly release

I am using xt1506 & I install pre nightly but there is no data working will u plz tell me when official rom release so that I can update

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

RIL is not working on the XT1506 dual Sim variant. Sent from my Moto E

Reactions: dssbbk

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I am using xt1506 & I install pre nightly but there is no data working will u plz tell me when official rom release so that I can update

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

RIL is not working on the XT1506 dual Sim variant. Sent from my Moto E

It may be out in a few hours or by tomorrow but, unless I'm mistaken you'll need to apply the patch referred to in the previous post even with the next nightly to get dual sim working. Dual sim is the main issue discussed in this thread o this point so you should probably review the thread for references to it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1oXkC6z.png

Official CyanogenMod 13 nighties are coming to otus! Most device specific bugs have been sorted out, so it should be fairly stable and usable. However, CM13 itself is still undergoing heavy development, so some bugs are to be expected.

Changelogs:
    CMXLog Official Nightly Changelogs

Downloads:
    Official nightly builds
    Old test builds

Sources:
    Device: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_otus/tree/cm-13.0
    Kernel: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_motorola_otus/tree/cm-13.0
    Vendor: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola/tree/cm-13.0/otus

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13 for Moto E 3G (otus), ROM for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
    squid2, scritch007, percy_g2, Ashwin007
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-12-01
    Last Updated 2015-12-17
    Android N (CM14)

As some of you may have already seen, I've started working on CM14 for this device. I now have it booting and working at least partially.

The good news is that the camera is semi-working (preview works, but not picture taking at the moment), and I expect to be able to fix it fully in time. Audio is working too. The best news is that Android N is super smooth on otus, much better than Marshmallow.

Now, the (not too bad) news is that CM14 is still very immature, and my otus support also needs a fair bit of work still. I'll keep working on it, and CM14 will keep improving with time. Hopefully I'll have something worth sharing in a couple weeks. See the screenshot for today's progress.

Condor users: don't worry, you don't need to keep asking me repeatedly if I'll support you. Once otus is working nicely, condor support should come for free.
    Installation Instructions

Prerequisites:
    Either TWRP or Cyanogen recovery must be installed. I recommend TWRP.

New/Clean Installation Instructions:
    1. In TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe and erase system, data, cache, and dalvik
    2. Flash the CyanogenMod zip
    3. Flash GApps (optional)
    4. Reboot

Upgrade Instructions:
    1. Flash the CyanogenMod zip
    2. If you are upgrading after a few weeks or more, and use GApps, reflash GApps.
    3. Erase cache and dalvik cache
    4. Reboot

Recommended GApps:
    As of December 2nd, I've tested with the November 21 Build of BaNkS gapps and they appear to work well. OpenGApps might also work, but I'm not sure, and they were broken at some point last week.
    December 2nd Pre-nightly Build

For those excited about nightlies who were disappointed by the build failure, I've posted my new unofficial test build. I've put up the link on the first post, and here's another link to the same thing: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6k8v2lmy3kjd497/cm-13.0-20151202-UNOFFICIAL-otus.zip
    December 16th Test Build

The transition from the December 7th nightly to the December 9th nightly was a bit of a disaster for otus. There were three very big changes to the code between those builds:
    1. Unification of otus and condor
    2. Update to Android 6.0.1
    3. Updating of CodeAurora drivers

These changes resulted in four things breaking:
    1. Camera preview corruption
    2. Broken recents view animation
    3. Play store started installing old apps
    4. Dual SIM RIL broke, and maybe tethering (haven't tried myself)

The camera preview issue was caused by a libgralloc change that I identified, fixed, and the fix has been merged in. The recents view animation breakage was caused by the experimental multi window mode that snuck in from condor. I've just fixed that now. The old play store apps issue is caused by something that I'm not yet sure of, but the issue goes away when building with pre-unification device trees (free from problematic condor code). The reported dual SIM and tethering issues I'm curious about.

I've made a new test build using the pre-unification device tree to eliminate confounding factors. Please try it out and let me know if dual SIM works, and if tethering works.