Download the update as zipfile from . Boot into recovery, install from zip, install twrp zip if you want , boot to system, if you want gapps/other stuff boot into recovery again and install gapps/whatever zipHow to install new updates without OTA brick? :crying::crying::crying:
How to install new updates without OTA brick? :crying::crying::crying:
I don't think I'm the first person to be having problems of this sort; to some degree it seems to be a known issue but I'm having trouble tracking down information on it. My Project Fi phone (with TWRP, Open GApps Pico, and Magisk root) isn't having data problems, but calls/texts/contacts all seem to be intermittently scrambled.
After phone, texts and calls work fine for an undetermined amount of time, but this always changes. I can make and receive calls but am left with no way to answer or hang up. Texts are sent but I don't receive. My contacts list and call log both disappear and apps hang when they try to access them. I think this has been a problem since I updated from the unofficial build to the official nightly, but I faked myself into thinking I had it fixed a few times so I'm not sure. All similar problems I can find are fixed by setting the phone app or an app permission, but I've tried this to no avail. Neither the stock LOS apps nor Google Dialer / Textra SMS will work for more than a few hours after startup. I've tried reflashing my entire setup but still no dice.
I posted a bug report on the official tracker (JIRA I think it's called? New territory for me) but that doesn't seem to be gaining traction. u/jrizzoli on r/lineageOS informed me that this is because Project Fi requires special blobs that weren't available to the device maintainer, but I'm unable to find out if that's true or what the current state of this problem is. I think it counts as a bit of a critical issue, and if it's as systemic as I'm led to believe I'm surprised I can hardly find mention of it.
I have the same issue, it started sometime before being official If i recall correctlyDoes anyone have second SIM issue?
My problem is similar - my second SIM is half-way grayed out and I can't activate it in SIM menu.
If I try to use both, the second SIM is not recognized. And there is no icon for second SIM at the top of the home screen.
But what is surprising is that both SIMs work and take calls.
My phone: XT1900-7, lineage-15.1-20181210
since the last update (nightly from Nov. 15, before it was the nightly from Nov. 7) I have the following audio issues:
- stock phone app can't record or play voice sound, neither via rear speaker nor headphone plug NOR bluetooth, but can play incoming call notification and key press sound.
- stock music player (and most other apps) can't play sound on rear speaker or headphone plug, actually playback gets frozen, but CAN play music via bluetooth.
- BUT all system notifications seem to work.
I searched in all kinds of places for any audio-playback-related permissions and found nothing.
This is very annoying since the basic functionality of the phone (making calls) is now missing...
Some more details on stock music player app behaviour:
- with headphones plugged in, app will not even allow me to select a song to play, i.e., will not show the wavelike "this song is the current song playing" symbol
- with no headphones plugged and no bluetooth connected, the app WILL allow me to select a song, pretends to start playing it, but either rests on the "0:00" seconds or progresses extremely slowly and irregularly to "0:01" and so on, but without actually playing any sound. it will go to pause automatically when a call comes in, the phone app plays the incoming call sound, but when taking it, neither end can hear the other. needless to say, i moved all volume sliders back and forth several times, went to flight mode and back, to do not disturb and back, and rebooted a dozen times, all to no avail. i also deactivated and later reactivated the problematic apps.
ALSO the fingerprint unlocking function has disappeared upon this update.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */