[ROM][OFFICIAL][PAYTON][NIGHTLIES]Lineage OS 17.1

Search This thread

code2k

Jul 27, 2007
Last weekend I've installed Lineage OS (20181122) on my Moto X4 (XT1900-7) and it's working great so far. The system is stable, and it seems that the memory usage and the battery has improved compared to the original software.

I've basically followed the installation instructions in the first post. I did flash TWRP, OpenGapps, and Magisk for root.

Tested and working:

- Phone
- GPS
- Audio (headphone jack, speaker, AudioFX)
- Camera
- SD-Card
- FM Radio
- NFC (read/write Tag)
- Fingerprint gestures (except fingerprint lock)
- Moto gestures
- Notification light
- VPN (IPSec Xauth PSK)

Not Tested: Bluetooth, Dual Sim, Google Pay and maybe more

There are some problems though.

1) The included Lineage camera does not support the wide angle lens of the X4. You can install the Moto camera from the play store, but as reported by others, HDR and portrait mode is missing. I'm using Arnova's v8.3b1 Google camera port as my main camera now.

2) When listening to music with my headphones (connected to the headphone jack) I can't hear the notifications through the headphones. The music is muted, but the notifications are played through the speaker of the phone.

Does this happen to anyone else?

3) NFC is working, but it can't be used with the German eID card. When trying to read the card, the corresponding app returns an error message that the NFC-Reader does not support "Extended-Length"-NFC-chips. It was working with the original Moto ROM.

Here is a fix for this problem for another device.

I build a Magisk module which applies the same change to "/vendor/etc/libnfc-brcm.conf" and it is working again. If anyone else needs this to work, install this module with the Magisk Manager:

View attachment motox4-nfc-fix.zip
@erfanoabdi, can you apply this patch to the Payton device tree?

jonathangrag

Feb 23, 2015
Curitiba
I'm using the last version of LineageOS 15.1 and the ROM is very stable.
However, I'm facing some problem when I want to flash something using the Lineage Recovery.
Anything that I try to flash results in the following message:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E: Unable to open '/sideload/package.zip': Transport endpoint is not connected
E: failed to map file
Installation aborted.

How can I fix this?

filipepferraz

Oct 17, 2010
How to install new updates without OTA brick? :crying::crying::crying:

If you are in los after 20181117 is secure to update. I'm updating day by day from this version and dont got any brick.

The addond in update is working too. When update now dont lost magisk, just twrp.

I made a module to flash in twrp to add support to addond to twrp too to keep after ota update. Just flash in twrp one time and will keep twrp after ota updates.

Link: https://github.com/filipeferraz/twrp-keep-addond/blob/master/twrp-keep-addond-flashable.zip?raw=true

d1r4c

Oct 31, 2018
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, but can I flash the AddonSU package through Lineage Recovery? Or do I need to do this through TWRP?
Also, does it matter if LineageOS has been installed for some time already when doing this? Or is it better to flash AddonSU directly after flashing a new Lineage ROM?

FoxtrotZero

Jun 4, 2017
I don't think I'm the first person to be having problems of this sort; to some degree it seems to be a known issue but I'm having trouble tracking down information on it. My Project Fi phone (with TWRP, Open GApps Pico, and Magisk root) isn't having data problems, but calls/texts/contacts all seem to be intermittently scrambled.

After phone, texts and calls work fine for an undetermined amount of time, but this always changes. I can make and receive calls but am left with no way to answer or hang up. Texts are sent but I don't receive. My contacts list and call log both disappear and apps hang when they try to access them. I think this has been a problem since I updated from the unofficial build to the official nightly, but I faked myself into thinking I had it fixed a few times so I'm not sure. All similar problems I can find are fixed by setting the phone app or an app permission, but I've tried this to no avail. Neither the stock LOS apps nor Google Dialer / Textra SMS will work for more than a few hours after startup. I've tried reflashing my entire setup but still no dice.

I posted a bug report on the official tracker (JIRA I think it's called? New territory for me) but that doesn't seem to be gaining traction. u/jrizzoli on r/lineageOS informed me that this is because Project Fi requires special blobs that weren't available to the device maintainer, but I'm unable to find out if that's true or what the current state of this problem is. I think it counts as a bit of a critical issue, and if it's as systemic as I'm led to believe I'm surprised I can hardly find mention of it.

SyberHexen

Nov 26, 2016
Washington
I don't think I'm the first person to be having problems of this sort; to some degree it seems to be a known issue but I'm having trouble tracking down information on it. My Project Fi phone (with TWRP, Open GApps Pico, and Magisk root) isn't having data problems, but calls/texts/contacts all seem to be intermittently scrambled.

After phone, texts and calls work fine for an undetermined amount of time, but this always changes. I can make and receive calls but am left with no way to answer or hang up. Texts are sent but I don't receive. My contacts list and call log both disappear and apps hang when they try to access them. I think this has been a problem since I updated from the unofficial build to the official nightly, but I faked myself into thinking I had it fixed a few times so I'm not sure. All similar problems I can find are fixed by setting the phone app or an app permission, but I've tried this to no avail. Neither the stock LOS apps nor Google Dialer / Textra SMS will work for more than a few hours after startup. I've tried reflashing my entire setup but still no dice.

I posted a bug report on the official tracker (JIRA I think it's called? New territory for me) but that doesn't seem to be gaining traction. u/jrizzoli on r/lineageOS informed me that this is because Project Fi requires special blobs that weren't available to the device maintainer, but I'm unable to find out if that's true or what the current state of this problem is. I think it counts as a bit of a critical issue, and if it's as systemic as I'm led to believe I'm surprised I can hardly find mention of it.

I have a similar setup on Google fi, only difference is I'm using aroma installer for gapps.
Can't say that I've had any problems such as those.

With aroma installer I make sure I install gcs, phone, messages, hangouts and contacts.
But I also bypass the removal of included phone, contacts, messages.

chainzuck

Nov 2, 2017
Hey guys,
i just flashed twrp again after updating, but now my phone will not boot to system. whem im clicking on reboot system it always reboots to twrp. what is wrong? can someone help me?

omutoz

Nov 10, 2014
Does anyone have second SIM issue?
My problem is similar - my second SIM is half-way grayed out and I can't activate it in SIM menu.
If I try to use both, the second SIM is not recognized. And there is no icon for second SIM at the top of the home screen.
But what is surprising is that both SIMs work and take calls.
My phone: XT1900-7, lineage-15.1-20181210
Thanks!

Reactions: assmist

assmist

May 5, 2018
Does anyone have second SIM issue?
My problem is similar - my second SIM is half-way grayed out and I can't activate it in SIM menu.
If I try to use both, the second SIM is not recognized. And there is no icon for second SIM at the top of the home screen.
But what is surprising is that both SIMs work and take calls.
My phone: XT1900-7, lineage-15.1-20181210
Thanks!
I have the same issue, it started sometime before being official If i recall correctly

pancobe

Mar 25, 2018
Dear all,
since the last update (nightly from Nov. 15, before it was the nightly from Nov. 7) I have the following audio issues:
- stock phone app can't record or play voice sound, neither via rear speaker nor headphone plug NOR bluetooth, but can play incoming call notification and key press sound.
- stock music player (and most other apps) can't play sound on rear speaker or headphone plug, actually playback gets frozen, but CAN play music via bluetooth.
- BUT all system notifications seem to work.
I searched in all kinds of places for any audio-playback-related permissions and found nothing.
This is very annoying since the basic functionality of the phone (making calls) is now missing...
Any ideas?

Some more details on stock music player app behaviour:
- with headphones plugged in, app will not even allow me to select a song to play, i.e., will not show the wavelike "this song is the current song playing" symbol
- with no headphones plugged and no bluetooth connected, the app WILL allow me to select a song, pretends to start playing it, but either rests on the "0:00" seconds or progresses extremely slowly and irregularly to "0:01" and so on, but without actually playing any sound. it will go to pause automatically when a call comes in, the phone app plays the incoming call sound, but when taking it, neither end can hear the other. needless to say, i moved all volume sliders back and forth several times, went to flight mode and back, to do not disturb and back, and rebooted a dozen times, all to no avail. i also deactivated and later reactivated the problematic apps.

ALSO the fingerprint unlocking function has disappeared upon this update.

Dear all,
Have exactly the same problems (-> post #742). Phone is ringing, all notifications work, but no sound for calls or music, headphones and Bluetooth included. Also a third party app for music doesn't work. It's a freshly installed LOS 15.1 on a XT1900-7, coming from stock. Update of Dec. 14, also the updates of the last few days had the problem. Is there a workaround I missed?
Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyway to stop this rom from installing LineageOS recovery? Its bad and I like my TWRP.

Personally, i only boot TWRP temporary with "fastboot boot twrp-3.5.1_9-0-payton.img" when "needed", what is really rarely. Installed is just Lineage recovery by OTA updates.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:

This is the official Lineage OS thread for the Motorola Moto X4, codename payton.

We support all the T-Mobile, International, and Project Fi variants, as their bootloaders are unlockable, while we can't support the Verizon and AT&T variants, as their bootloaders are permanently locked.

How to install:
    • Boot the newest TWRP .img from the Official TWRP Project Site.
    • IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK AND WANT TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROMS FOR FIRST TIME, INSTALL "Copy Partitions Zip" FROM POST #2
    • In TWRP, click "Wipe", "Format Data", then type "yes" as prompted.
    • ADB sideload the newest weekly
    • (Optionally) You can flash the newest TWRP Installer also found at the Official TWRP Project Site if you wish to maintain TWRP, though the pre-installed Lineage Recovery instance will do everything you need it to in most cases. We don't recommend or support the use of the TWRP installer, as it is overwritten on every update (will need to be re-installed every update), and has no addon.d-v2 persistence.
    • Click "Reboot, then choose "Recovery", this will boot you to either Lineage Recovery or TWRP depending on your choice to install TWRP or not. It is necessary to reboot between ROM flash and GApps/Addon flash due to verity/slot-swap logic.
    • (Optionally) Flash GApps - MindTheGApps arm64 are recommended, OpenGApps are compatible with A/B as of 09102018, but I still only reccoemend and support MindTheGApps.
    • (Optionally) Flash SU - you'll need to turn it on from in developer settings after first boot Lineage OS SU Addon. - Magisk works fine, though is not supported.
    • Reboot

Notes:
    • Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine, though is not supported.)
    • Official Lineage OS builds ship with full treble compatibility, with VNDK runtime enforcement! This means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run any GSI (yes, even Pie!) without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem as /vendor (as /oem isn't used in custom ROM's anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 17.1, ROM for the Moto X4

Contributors
    erfanoabdi, Lineage Team
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 10.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Pie

Version Information

Created 2018-09-01
    Last Updated 2019-03-02
    new updated versions is out
    * minor bug fixes
    * volte bug fixes in dual sim device
    * updated blobs to official 8.1
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528062600
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Full Treble Version :
    * fully treblized
    * wifi/video calling fixes
    * minor volte bug fixes
    * battery and performance optimization

Treble Lineage : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528063250
    Treble TWRP : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528063210
    Treble TWRP Installer : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528063564

**this is treble build and should be flashed ONLY with treble twrp**

FAQ:
    Magisk?
    - try magisk 16.7 if you want
    GSIs?
    - yes all GSIs is installable
    P?
    - yep follow AB flashing guide

ENJOY
    new build is up :
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11050483647474829452

* Fingerprint navigation gestures fixed (settings -> system -> buttons -> on screen navbar)
    * SElinux is enforced
    * stronger haptics
    * dual camera fixes
    * CPU and Battery optimizations
    * kernel update to latest moto source
    * with full lineage A/B support : xda-developers.com/lineageos-15-1-supports-a-b-devices-moto-z2-force
    Guys Official build is up on Lineage updater : https://download.lineageos.org/payton
    please recheck OP for installation guide it's also updated (for guys coming from stock don't forget copy partition zip, and for first installing gapps and stuffs don't forget re-reboot to recovery)
    official TWRP is also updated (make sure you are in latest version of it) : https://twrp.me/motorola/motorolamotox4.html
    also in official twrp we dropped MTP support (Like Pixel devices) it was affecting on many horrible things but "adb push/pull" works so read Installation guide from link above

we will get updates official lineage updated WEEKLY, with OTA support

i was reading posts @MotoX4, you need to use official twrp and for gapps you forgot to reboot to recovery, for safety net you need to install magisk as all mentioned in OP ;)
    + lineage recovery is only for "adb sideload" not for installing zips from internal storage

thanks for using lineage :fingers-crossed:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone