[ROM][OFFICIAL][PAYTON][NIGHTLIES]Lineage OS 17.1

Search This thread

Samyantak

Nov 19, 2017
I encountered a problem while flashing ROM in twrp.... It says" updater process ended with error 1 error installing zip file
Error applying update : 7(error code::kinstalldeviceopenerror)
As I wiped system before installation my os is deleted and phone boots only to twrp
Plus help

johnjingle

Jun 25, 2010
I encountered a problem while flashing ROM in twrp.... It says" updater process ended with error 1 error installing zip file
Error applying update : 7(error code::kinstalldeviceopenerror)
As I wiped system before installation my os is deleted and phone boots only to twrp
Plus help

That is really not too big of a problem. Only a soft brick. Try pushing another lineage ROM via ADB or using fastboot to re-flash stock and start over.

SyberHexen

Well...didn't work. One more time had to wipe to stop all the crashes and now....setting...it....up....everything...again......... *SIGH*

Are you talking about after you update the rom?

I found the process on updating wasn't clear but was mentioned earlier in thread.

- You have Re flash your gapps package in the correct a/b system slot after updating

Reactions: MotoX4

dgsiegel

Nov 18, 2018
Moto Camera 2 (installed from Play Store) seems to be missing the HDR mode. Is there any way to enable it?

lazy-o

Apr 4, 2018
Are you talking about after you update the rom?

I found the process on updating wasn't clear but was mentioned earlier in thread.

- You have Re flash your gapps package in the correct a/b system slot after updating

Yes, updated from 20181030 nightly. I tried to reboot on the other slot to install gapps.

chainzuck

Nov 2, 2017
Hey Guys,

Sorry for questioning again. Im not a developer, but used lineage os on several phones since 4 years and alway succed with installing right away. Now my Moto x4 gives me some Problems. Can someone explain me the step thats explained in Post 2 at the beginning? Do i only need to flash the copy.zip or do i also need to flash stock firmware too?
I was coming from stock firmware (right out of the box). Lineage works but the GAPPS are shutting down instantly (google services).
Thanks!
Edit: OK GAPPS are working now. I installes twrp as opposed to the suggestion and flashed gapps with twrp. The lineage recovery does not work for me. The only thing thats missing is super su. Flashing the linkes file stops stating:
set_metadata: ERROR on lstat of "/system/etc/init/superuser.rc": too many symbolic links encountered
Updater process ended with error: 7
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Sorry for questioning again. Im not a developer, but used lineage os on several phones since 4 years and alway succed with installing right away. Now my Moto x4 gives me some Problems. Can someone explain me the step thats explained in Post 2 at the beginning? Do i only need to flash the copy.zip or do i also need to flash stock firmware too?
I was coming from stock firmware (right out of the box). Lineage works but the GAPPS are shutting down instantly (google services).
Thanks!
Edit: OK GAPPS are working now. I installes twrp as opposed to the suggestion and flashed gapps with twrp. The lineage recovery does not work for me. The only thing thats missing is super su. Flashing the linkes file stops stating:
set_metadata: ERROR on lstat of "/system/etc/init/superuser.rc": too many symbolic links encountered
Updater process ended with error: 7
Any suggestions?

Use Magisk instead.

Reactions: MotoX4

Samyantak

Nov 19, 2017
How to make the portrait mode work
Moto camera doesn't have it
The gcam I was using back in stock doesn't seem to work with portrait mode on

chainzuck

Nov 2, 2017

Thanks a lot! Everything is working fine now.
The last question i have is about updates. Is there a save way of doing updates? Is the updater working?
My reading about A/B Partition scheme tells me that you will always have to reflash twrp and magisk, since they are no longer in a seperate boot partition.

So my way would be to flash the update.zip and twrp.zip in queury. But when should i flash magisk? The installation guide says you always need to boot the ROM once before flashing magisk. Does this apply to updates, too?

Thanks

amirite

May 15, 2010
I'm pretty sure you should flash magisk right along with Gapps the first time. I'm guessing the requirement to boot into the ROM once is just to make sure all of the proper data folders and folder trees are created, that kind of stuff. Your Magisk data will naturally be exactly where you left it. Though you should probably stick to the same Magisk version.

filipepferraz

Oct 17, 2010
Thanks a lot! Everything is working fine now.
The last question i have is about updates. Is there a save way of doing updates? Is the updater working?
My reading about A/B Partition scheme tells me that you will always have to reflash twrp and magisk, since they are no longer in a seperate boot partition.

So my way would be to flash the update.zip and twrp.zip in queury. But when should i flash magisk? The installation guide says you always need to boot the ROM once before flashing magisk. Does this apply to updates, too?

Thanks

The official ota update update from ROM is working and magisk, gapps are not lost when update. Here I'm using magisk 17.2 and after the update only the twrp is replaced by Lineage Recovery.

To keep twrp after the update there is a magisk module called TWRP A/B Retention Script that needs to be installed after the ota update finishes and before the reboot. Wait the ota update finish and when ask to reboot go to magisk and install this module, after the module installs reboot. You will have twrp, gapps and magisk.

To use this magisk module twrp already needs to be installed before apply the ota update.

Gullom

Aug 2, 2011
Hi guys I'm in a little bit of trouble right now. I tried to update via ota some time ago and got a brick. However I was able to unbrick via blankflash utility without losing any data. After I read that some of you guys were lucky with your ota updates I thought I could give it another shot. Now my phone's bricked again but it's behaving differently than last time. It doesn't boot into fastboot mode by itself but I have to hold volume down. Otherwise i just get a black screen and it shuts itself down after some time. Worse though is that i am not able to go to blankflash mode anymore via "fastboot oem blankflash" which was possible for me last time. All I get doing this is a remote failure saying "(bootloader) Command Restricted". My phone is a xt1900-7 and im using fastboot utilities on a windows machine. Anyone got an idea?

edhunterbg

Sep 16, 2007
This bug (sim2) exist since official first version of lineageos 15.1 for moto x4.
I ve been asking the same question a couple of times, no reaponse from the dev about it. I am about to loose hope that it will be fixed.
And actually following the thread I dont see almost any response from the main develper about any of the issues reported by the users. I wonder why the branch is called "official" and has such bad quallity not suitable for daily use.

Reactions: lazy-o and assmist

gee one

Jul 29, 2010
linux command line
Hi guys I'm in a little bit of trouble right now. I tried to update via ota some time ago and got a brick. However I was able to unbrick via blankflash utility without losing any data. After I read that some of you guys were lucky with your ota updates I thought I could give it another shot. Now my phone's bricked again but it's behaving differently than last time. It doesn't boot into fastboot mode by itself but I have to hold volume down. Otherwise i just get a black screen and it shuts itself down after some time. Worse though is that i am not able to go to blankflash mode anymore via "fastboot oem blankflash" which was possible for me last time. All I get doing this is a remote failure saying "(bootloader) Command Restricted". My phone is a xt1900-7 and im using fastboot utilities on a windows machine. Anyone got an idea?

You might already be in downloader mode. See what lsusb shows you in a linux pc. You could probably just run the blankflash file to restore. It's a little trickier without the visual clues. I had to run it as root (linux) and hold the volume down and power buttons to get into blankflash mode. YMMV

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:

This is the official Lineage OS thread for the Motorola Moto X4, codename payton.

We support all the T-Mobile, International, and Project Fi variants, as their bootloaders are unlockable, while we can't support the Verizon and AT&T variants, as their bootloaders are permanently locked.

How to install:
    • Boot the newest TWRP .img from the Official TWRP Project Site.
    • IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK AND WANT TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROMS FOR FIRST TIME, INSTALL "Copy Partitions Zip" FROM POST #2
    • In TWRP, click "Wipe", "Format Data", then type "yes" as prompted.
    • ADB sideload the newest weekly
    • (Optionally) You can flash the newest TWRP Installer also found at the Official TWRP Project Site if you wish to maintain TWRP, though the pre-installed Lineage Recovery instance will do everything you need it to in most cases. We don't recommend or support the use of the TWRP installer, as it is overwritten on every update (will need to be re-installed every update), and has no addon.d-v2 persistence.
    • Click "Reboot, then choose "Recovery", this will boot you to either Lineage Recovery or TWRP depending on your choice to install TWRP or not. It is necessary to reboot between ROM flash and GApps/Addon flash due to verity/slot-swap logic.
    • (Optionally) Flash GApps - MindTheGApps arm64 are recommended, OpenGApps are compatible with A/B as of 09102018, but I still only reccoemend and support MindTheGApps.
    • (Optionally) Flash SU - you'll need to turn it on from in developer settings after first boot Lineage OS SU Addon. - Magisk works fine, though is not supported.
    • Reboot

Notes:
    • Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine, though is not supported.)
    • Official Lineage OS builds ship with full treble compatibility, with VNDK runtime enforcement! This means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run any GSI (yes, even Pie!) without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem as /vendor (as /oem isn't used in custom ROM's anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 17.1, ROM for the Moto X4

Contributors
    erfanoabdi, Lineage Team
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 10.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Pie

Version Information

Created 2018-09-01
    Last Updated 2019-03-02
    Copy Partitions Zip
    - courtesy @ @filipepferraz
    Download

Firmwares

XT1900-1 Android 8.0
    firmware_27.251.12_payton_retail_xt1900-1.zip

Only tested on
    XT1900-1
    XT1900-2
    XT1900-5 (https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76934354&postcount=173)
    XT1900-7 (https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76779696&postcount=14)

feel free to test on other Moto X4 models running 8.0.

XT1900-6 Android 8.0 - courtesy @filipepferraz
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=674106145207492371

XT1900-1 Android 8.1 - courtesy @ptn107
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890278863836292604

tested on XT1900-7 as well (https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76816113&postcount=92)
    new updated versions is out
    * minor bug fixes
    * volte bug fixes in dual sim device
    * updated blobs to official 8.1
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528062600
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Full Treble Version :
    * fully treblized
    * wifi/video calling fixes
    * minor volte bug fixes
    * battery and performance optimization

Treble Lineage : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528063250
    Treble TWRP : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528063210
    Treble TWRP Installer : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528063564

**this is treble build and should be flashed ONLY with treble twrp**

FAQ:
    Magisk?
    - try magisk 16.7 if you want
    GSIs?
    - yes all GSIs is installable
    P?
    - yep follow AB flashing guide

ENJOY
    new build is up :
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11050483647474829452

* Fingerprint navigation gestures fixed (settings -> system -> buttons -> on screen navbar)
    * SElinux is enforced
    * stronger haptics
    * dual camera fixes
    * CPU and Battery optimizations
    * kernel update to latest moto source
    * with full lineage A/B support : xda-developers.com/lineageos-15-1-supports-a-b-devices-moto-z2-force
    Guys Official build is up on Lineage updater : https://download.lineageos.org/payton
    please recheck OP for installation guide it's also updated (for guys coming from stock don't forget copy partition zip, and for first installing gapps and stuffs don't forget re-reboot to recovery)
    official TWRP is also updated (make sure you are in latest version of it) : https://twrp.me/motorola/motorolamotox4.html
    also in official twrp we dropped MTP support (Like Pixel devices) it was affecting on many horrible things but "adb push/pull" works so read Installation guide from link above

we will get updates official lineage updated WEEKLY, with OTA support

i was reading posts @MotoX4, you need to use official twrp and for gapps you forgot to reboot to recovery, for safety net you need to install magisk as all mentioned in OP ;)
    + lineage recovery is only for "adb sideload" not for installing zips from internal storage

thanks for using lineage :fingers-crossed: