[ROM][OFFICIAL][PAYTON][NIGHTLIES]Lineage OS 17.1

Search This thread

Randy Power

Dec 16, 2007
Thanks! That worked like a charm! Was able to update to the 9-30 image. Hope that takes care of the issue but your symptoms seem quite similar. Will report back after next ota attempt.

Update: the reboot issue us still present, but as described, can turn off and switch to the installed slot for updating firmware. If the phone begins to reboot, place the phone in bootloader mode by holding volume down and power until the screen shows. At that point power down and then power on from off.

Glad to hear at last have a workaround.

FWIW -- I've updated both of my X4s to 1002 and now both reboot without looping. @t3ch42, I'm curious if this new build will resolve your Reboot symptom too.

Hooray and thank you, devs!

Last edited:

t3ch42

Aug 15, 2012
Glad to hear at last have a workaround.

FWIW -- I've updated both of my X4s to 1002 and now both reboot without looping. @t3ch42, I'm curious if this new build will resolve your Reboot symptom too.

Hooray and thank you, devs!
No joy yet...?
On the 10-2 rev and still have the reboot issue. Glad that its working out for you. Means it will probably be soon for me too!

Randy Power

Dec 16, 2007
No joy yet...[emoji19]

On the 10-2 rev and still have the reboot issue. Glad that its working out for you. Means it will probably be soon for me too!
Bummer. At least you have a workaround.

Did you update with the Updater or manually download and install via (Lineage?) Recovery?

I updated both of mine via Updater.

jw243

Mar 21, 2016
Yesterday, I updated OTA to the MicroG-Version from October 3rd. I had the bootloop upon restart, too, but I could resolve it by booting into bootloader mode and power it off from there. After that, the phone would boot normally.

At first, it seemed to work well. However, I inserted a SIM-card, left the house and was on LTE for the first time. Suddenly, the phone froze, restarted and went into bootloop again. This happened over and over again. It also happened later today, when I was on Wifi again.

It seems that the issue has not been resolved with the last update, at least for me.

I hope, the next update will have this issue resolved.

t3ch42

Aug 15, 2012
Oh no! What an awful stretch you're having.

I just updated seamlessly to 10-03 on my backup device. But with your experience, I'm nervous to do the same on my daily driver.

Well, all was not lost. After a mad dash for information and reinstallation of drivers, I came across a post on reddit that was helpful. I was able to flash the gpt partition and that corrected the issue of no bootable a/b slot. I booted to twrp and changed the slot to b from a and the x4 booted to the 10-3 image.
Still curious why I can't reboot. Will need more time that I don't have...

Last edited:

Online Gravy

May 25, 2018
Well, all was not lost. After a mad dash for information and reinstallation of drivers, I came across a post on reddit that was helpful. I was able to flash the got partition and that corrected the issue of no bootable a/b slot. I booted to twrp and changed the slot to b from a and the x4 booted to the 10-3 image.
Still curious why I can't reboot. Will need more time that I don't have...

try flashing the latest stock rom from the bootloader
https://xdaforums.com/moto-x4/how-to/guide-how-to-flash-official-factory-t3808348
https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/payton/official/RETAIL/
then boot twrp from bootloader and continue from there

scott8281

Aug 22, 2010
Paris Ky
Does this reboot issue only occur when updating through the updater? I'm currently still on the August 27th build. I've been thinking about updating but I always ADB sideload. Are there any major changes in the last month that would even be worth updating for?

t3ch42

Aug 15, 2012
Does this reboot issue only occur when updating through the updater? I'm currently still on the August 27th build. I've been thinking about updating but I always ADB sideload. Are there any major changes in the last month that would even be worth updating for?
I can't speak for everyone that has dealt with the issue, but it occurred both through sideloading and through the updater. My issues started when I tried to update from the Sep. 19th update. Ever since I tried to update from that version, I have had issues with the reboot bug.
But there is a workaround for it discussed a few pages back if it does occur. I hadn't seen too many people discussing the issue; may be safe to update...
As far as reasons to, not sure if anything too spectacular has been added.
Good luck!

Stillwinds

Oct 8, 2019
Hi, I've just freshly installed the latest build of LOS 16 on my moto x4 XT1900-2 (the nightly build released yesterday Oct 7). I also installed MindTheGapps (Jun 15 2019 version). Not rooted.

Everything seems to be working well, except that whenever I call someone on speaker phones (Duo, Messenger video calls) the recipient hears their own voice echoed back at them.

I did some searching and I can't seem to find an a definitive answer. I don't have a case that blocks the microphones. I tried using earphones and the echoing disappears from the recipient. So it must be that the noise cancellation isn't working? I never had this an issue in the Motorola stock ROM.

Can anyone point me to a solution?

Richy19

Jan 9, 2012
Moto X4
Is it possible the bootloop issue only occurs when updating from a version prior to 0925? I was on the 23rds nightly (last good one afaik) and updated to today's and got bootloop, yet people saying they have fresh installed from October builds and updated don't have this issue?

Reactions: Slayer5934

st0nedpenguin

Jun 13, 2011
Updating from the build from the 23rd mongled my install so bad I had to clean install everything. I haven't updated since, this is my only phone and I can't afford for it to be unusable.

frabe8378910

Dec 15, 2011
Peine
I can also confirm that updating from 09/22 led to a boot loop and the phone failing back to the former slot. I manage five moto x4 which all were on 09/22, have been updated to OTA to 10/xx and led to a boot loop.
One the first update I shut off the phone during boot loop, which led to a soft bricked phone. I reflash stock rom and flashed a fresh 10/02 lineage to recover. For the second update some days later, I just let the phone reboot long enough and it started "normaly". So I though the update worked in the end. I did not check the installed version because I was busy with other things, but started to update all other phones.... :eek:
After the last phone had successful booted, I finaly DID check the installed version and recognized that the boot loop does not end with a successful install. Instead the boot process timeout and fall back to the former slot. :laugh:
So far all phones have been OTA updated successfully several times over last month, there must be something wrong with lineage versions later then 09/22.
I did not have enough spare time 'till then, to test an update on one phone a manual/different way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy Power

jw243

Mar 21, 2016
I just tried to install the brand new MicroG version from today (2019/10/10), rebooted into sideload and sideloaded addonsu. Still bootloop upon reboot!
Powered phone down, went straigth into TWRP, wiped the phone and installed MicroG version 2019/09/19 and addonsu. No Bootloop! LineageOS starts normally.
Hence, the problems are still not sorted out!

Reactions: Randy Power

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:

This is the official Lineage OS thread for the Motorola Moto X4, codename payton.

We support all the T-Mobile, International, and Project Fi variants, as their bootloaders are unlockable, while we can't support the Verizon and AT&T variants, as their bootloaders are permanently locked.

How to install:
    • Boot the newest TWRP .img from the Official TWRP Project Site.
    • IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK AND WANT TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROMS FOR FIRST TIME, INSTALL "Copy Partitions Zip" FROM POST #2
    • In TWRP, click "Wipe", "Format Data", then type "yes" as prompted.
    • ADB sideload the newest weekly
    • (Optionally) You can flash the newest TWRP Installer also found at the Official TWRP Project Site if you wish to maintain TWRP, though the pre-installed Lineage Recovery instance will do everything you need it to in most cases. We don't recommend or support the use of the TWRP installer, as it is overwritten on every update (will need to be re-installed every update), and has no addon.d-v2 persistence.
    • Click "Reboot, then choose "Recovery", this will boot you to either Lineage Recovery or TWRP depending on your choice to install TWRP or not. It is necessary to reboot between ROM flash and GApps/Addon flash due to verity/slot-swap logic.
    • (Optionally) Flash GApps - MindTheGApps arm64 are recommended, OpenGApps are compatible with A/B as of 09102018, but I still only reccoemend and support MindTheGApps.
    • (Optionally) Flash SU - you'll need to turn it on from in developer settings after first boot Lineage OS SU Addon. - Magisk works fine, though is not supported.
    • Reboot

Notes:
    • Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine, though is not supported.)
    • Official Lineage OS builds ship with full treble compatibility, with VNDK runtime enforcement! This means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run any GSI (yes, even Pie!) without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem as /vendor (as /oem isn't used in custom ROM's anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 17.1, ROM for the Moto X4

Contributors
    erfanoabdi, Lineage Team
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 10.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Pie

Version Information

Created 2018-09-01
    Last Updated 2019-03-02
    Copy Partitions Zip
    - courtesy @ @filipepferraz
    Download

Firmwares

XT1900-1 Android 8.0
    firmware_27.251.12_payton_retail_xt1900-1.zip

Only tested on
    XT1900-1
    XT1900-2
    XT1900-5 (https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76934354&postcount=173)
    XT1900-7 (https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76779696&postcount=14)

feel free to test on other Moto X4 models running 8.0.

XT1900-6 Android 8.0 - courtesy @filipepferraz
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=674106145207492371

XT1900-1 Android 8.1 - courtesy @ptn107
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890278863836292604

tested on XT1900-7 as well (https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76816113&postcount=92)
    new updated versions is out
    * minor bug fixes
    * volte bug fixes in dual sim device
    * updated blobs to official 8.1
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528062600
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Full Treble Version :
    * fully treblized
    * wifi/video calling fixes
    * minor volte bug fixes
    * battery and performance optimization

Treble Lineage : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528063250
    Treble TWRP : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528063210
    Treble TWRP Installer : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528063564

**this is treble build and should be flashed ONLY with treble twrp**

FAQ:
    Magisk?
    - try magisk 16.7 if you want
    GSIs?
    - yes all GSIs is installable
    P?
    - yep follow AB flashing guide

ENJOY
    new build is up :
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11050483647474829452

* Fingerprint navigation gestures fixed (settings -> system -> buttons -> on screen navbar)
    * SElinux is enforced
    * stronger haptics
    * dual camera fixes
    * CPU and Battery optimizations
    * kernel update to latest moto source
    * with full lineage A/B support : xda-developers.com/lineageos-15-1-supports-a-b-devices-moto-z2-force
    Guys Official build is up on Lineage updater : https://download.lineageos.org/payton
    please recheck OP for installation guide it's also updated (for guys coming from stock don't forget copy partition zip, and for first installing gapps and stuffs don't forget re-reboot to recovery)
    official TWRP is also updated (make sure you are in latest version of it) : https://twrp.me/motorola/motorolamotox4.html
    also in official twrp we dropped MTP support (Like Pixel devices) it was affecting on many horrible things but "adb push/pull" works so read Installation guide from link above

we will get updates official lineage updated WEEKLY, with OTA support

i was reading posts @MotoX4, you need to use official twrp and for gapps you forgot to reboot to recovery, for safety net you need to install magisk as all mentioned in OP ;)
    + lineage recovery is only for "adb sideload" not for installing zips from internal storage

thanks for using lineage :fingers-crossed: