• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM][OFFICIAL][Peregrine][7.X] LineageOS 14.1

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
For those of you wishing to update to the May '19 Security Patches, I've uploaded one of my unofficial builds that is based off the official build files with the security patches added.

A clean flash will have to be done when going from an official build to an unofficial build - in TWRP wipe Cache, Dalvik cache, System and importantly format Data > Yes before flashing the appropriate Open Gapps. Do a nandroid backup first, including your data - copy any data/media files (e.g., photos, videos etc.), on your SD card over to your PC. If you're coming from the April update I uploaded previously, you can do a dirty flash (wipe Cache, Dalvik cache & System), re-install Open Gapps, preferred root & Xposed (if required).

Download Link for lineage-14.1-20190505-UNOFFICIAL-peregrine.zip: https://mega.nz/#!sexF1AZK!t-jEta1EpkPJFVhY42ddPy-hUhrR_QslSNcWS4RQ08o

I do, however, recommend you learn to build it yourselves: refer to post # 1210 for the full build instructions.

Last edited:

pigeons9

Nov 12, 2016
For those of you wishing to update to the May '19 Security Patches, I've uploaded one of my unofficial builds that is based off the official build files with the security patches added.

A clean flash will have to be done when going from an official build to an unofficial build - in TWRP wipe Cache, Dalvik cache, System and importantly format Data > Yes before flashing the appropriate Open Gapps. Do a nandroid backup first, including your data - copy any data/media files (e.g., photos, videos etc.), on your SD card over to your PC. If you're coming from the April update I uploaded previously, you can do a dirty flash (wipe Cache, Dalvik cache & System), re-install Open Gapps, preferred root & Xposed (if required).

Download Link for lineage-14.1-20190505-UNOFFICIAL-peregrine.zip: https://mega.nz/#!sexF1AZK!t-jEta1EpkPJFVhY42ddPy-hUhrR_QslSNcWS4RQ08o

I do, however, recommend you learn to build it yourselves: refer to post # 1210 for the full build instructions.
Have been using this, thank you! Just curious, is this almost the same as the last official build from February besides the security patch? I assume LOS has left the peregrine code on their repos for now, is it still possible they may eventually remove it?

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
Have been using this, thank you! Just curious, is this almost the same as the last official build from February besides the security patch? I assume LOS has left the peregrine code on their repos for now, is it still possible they may eventually remove it?
It's exactly the same except for the unofficial build title and the later updates added by LOS or added & committed from AOSP, undergoing a code review and verification process in LineageOS Gerrit before being put out for building. The only changes would be whatever 14.1 commitments have been made by either the LOS team or those added as part of the AOSP update process. I know the security patches are still being updated and added to LOS a bit later (the reason I know this, is that if one manually puts in the security patches (rather than repopicking the patch topic before it's pushed out) and then they are later pushed through after review and verification in LineageOS Gerrit, the ones added beforehand manually have to be removed and the build re-synced before re-building, so it's important to check the security update date after re-syncing, before manually updating the patches - by the middle of the month or so, the security updates should have been pushed through, so, ... at this stage, no reason to rush manually updating the security patches until one is sure they are no longer being pushed through). It's possible I guess that the Peregrine code could be removed eventually, but I don't think it's something to worry about at this stage. You can still build for many devices that are older - perhaps only the security patches are no longer being pushed through for those builds but haven't confirmed this.

Last edited:

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
For those of you wishing to update to the JUNE '19 Security Patches, I've uploaded one of my unofficial builds that is based off the official build files with the latest security patches added (refer to post # 1243 for further elucidation).

Note: A clean flash will have to be done when going from an official build to an unofficial build - in TWRP wipe Cache, Dalvik cache, System and importantly format Data > Yes before flashing the appropriate Open Gapps. Do a nandroid backup first, including your data - copy any data/media files (e.g., photos, videos etc.), on your SD card over to your PC. If you're coming from the April or May updates I uploaded previously, you can do a dirty flash (wipe Cache, Dalvik cache & System), re-install Open Gapps, preferred root & Xposed (if required).

Download Link for lineage-14.1-20190605-UNOFFICIAL-peregrine.zip:
https://mega.nz/#!5fwUQArL!zTm34wUJBljRu1LALe-3mkn6qkcZlRYUoXLrJPx69e4

* While a LOS 16.0 (Pie) build is available now that is operational (forget the LOS 15.1 build that's available, it's definitely not ready whatsoever in my opinion for prime time), there are some issues that can prevent one from using it as a Daily driver, IMO. Namely, it's is not being consistently worked on nor updated (including security patches that have been pushed through but have not been synced-in and the rom re-built) by the developer and there is a significant issue with notifications being inconsistent, failing to actually get pushed through at times. Not encouraging if you need or want to know when you have a text message ...

Last edited:

Mitsch79

Jul 16, 2013
Hi Guys,

Is there still someone out there using peregrine?

If so, maybe you could test our build and report back wether it's working or not. I actually don't own the phone but wanted to give my mother-in-laws phone the latest security updates.

The rom ist OTA-enabled and hostet here: https://los-legacy.de/peregrine/lineage-14.1-20190629-UNOFFICIAL-peregrine.zip

So in case there is a new build you will be able to update using the updater app as usual.

Just a hint for people moving from an official to an unofficial build, there are some howtos floating around on how to do this without the need to wipe everything.

Cheerz
Mitsch (www.los-legacy.de)

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
For those of you wishing to update to the JULY '19 Security Patches, I've uploaded one of my unofficial builds that is based off the official build files with the latest security patches added (refer to post # 1243 for further elucidation).

Note: A full clean flash will have to be done when going from an official build to an unofficial build - in TWRP wipe Cache, Dalvik cache, System and importantly format Data > Yes before flashing the appropriate Open Gapps. Do a nandroid backup first, including your data - copy any data/media files (e.g., photos, videos etc.), on your SD card over to your PC. If you're coming from one of the unofficial updates I uploaded previously, I recommend you do a regular clean flash (wipe Cache, Dalvik cache & System), re-install Open Gapps, preferred root & Xposed (if required).

Download Link for lineage-14.1-20190705-UNOFFICIAL-peregrine.zip:
https://mega.nz/#!5Cx1BSKb!aZ7yYgsnaaA-KdH9_Dgp4th2UPStBUAFU7Sxu-8fLNc

Important: After you flash this new build, unpair all your BT devices (headsets, keyboards, etc.) and try to pair them again.

I do, however, continue to recommend you learn to build it yourselves: refer to post # 1210 for the full build instructions.

Last edited:

pigeons9

Nov 12, 2016
Hi Guys,

If so, maybe you could test our build and report back wether it's working or not. I actually don't own the phone but wanted to give my mother-in-laws phone the latest security updates.

The rom ist OTA-enabled and hostet here: https://los-legacy.de/peregrine/lineage-14.1-20190629-UNOFFICIAL-peregrine.zip

So in case there is a new build you will be able to update using the updater app as usual.

Just a hint for people moving from an official to an unofficial build, there are some howtos floating around on how to do this without the need to wipe everything.

Cheerz
Yes, they are some of us still using this phone ;) I just installed your build with latest TWRP. Format, wipe, no issues. Everything seems fine! All basic things work, F-Droid installed successfully. Still unable to enable encryption. This is ok, I assume this wont work on unofficial builds. Thank you for this :good:

Reactions: Mitsch79

phgurgel

Sep 30, 2012
Yes, they are some of us still using this phone ;) I just installed your build with latest TWRP. Format, wipe, no issues. Everything seems fine! All basic things work, F-Droid installed successfully. Still unable to enable encryption. This is ok, I assume this wont work on unofficial builds. Thank you for this :good:
I am using it too. My bff phone. I'm using lineage 14 pretending to upgrade. But I need time to install latest twrp. PLEASE Co tinue the awesome work on my phone. Gratz for you time ppl.

Enviado de meu SM-J530G usando o Tapatalk

rektal

Mar 19, 2018
Hi Guys,

Cheerz
Thank you for keeping peregrine alive.
I am going to try this ROM. What should I wipe when I am on original LineageOS with January security patch?
Could you give me a hint?

Mitsch79

Jul 16, 2013
Thank you for keeping peregrine alive.
I am going to try this ROM. What should I wipe when I am on original LineageOS with January security patch?
Could you give me a hint?
Cache and Dalvik Cache should be fine.

You should flash this one first https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754465877
This replaces the official certificates with the unofficials (test keys). Do not reboot after flashing this zip of you're data will become corrupted. Flash the rom afterwards.

Here's some more info about migrating between official and unofficial: https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_b...-or-vice-versa

And as always, make a Backup before changing anything.

Cheerz

rektal

Mar 19, 2018
Cache and Dalvik Cache should be fine.

You should flash this one first https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754465877
This replaces the official certificates with the unofficials (test keys). Do not reboot after flashing this zip of you're data will become corrupted. Flash the rom afterwards.

Here's some more info about migrating between official and unofficial: https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_b...-or-vice-versa

And as always, make a Backup before changing anything.

Cheerz
Everything went smoothly. Peregrine works fine. Trebuchet launcher doesn't show my all apps. I don't know why? I use CPL launcher so it doesn't bother me. Great work.

Paule_Phone

May 23, 2016
Darmstadt
Thanks for the hind, but much more THANKS to Mitsch79 for providing a working ROM.
IMHO the work of Mitsch79 deserve a separate Thread and should explain the steps how to from official to unofficial better for nobs.
I was able to recover my MotoG from Boot loop -> too working, lost all private data because I'am unable to think enough forehand.
I would wish that we can prevent this for others through better documentation.
Thanks to all
Thomas

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone