• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

ilyabauer

Dec 3, 2018
Videos lagging

Hello, I flashed rom on my XA2 and first thing i've noticed is "Privacy" crashing settings and thats like meh i can live with that but then after installing youtube I faced the main problem. Videos are played like really slowly and without sound. I wiped cache multiple times, dont use custom kernels. Any help?
I've moved rn to crDroid (also android 10, privacy setting doesnt crash there, but same stuff about youtube).
I didnt have this issue on LineageOS 16 (android 9) and i really dont wanna downgrade

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Hello, I flashed rom on my XA2 and first thing i've noticed is "Privacy" crashing settings and thats like meh i can live with that but then after installing youtube I faced the main problem. Videos are played like really slowly and without sound. I wiped cache multiple times, dont use custom kernels. Any help?
I've moved rn to crDroid (also android 10, privacy setting doesnt crash there, but same stuff about youtube).
I didnt have this issue on LineageOS 16 (android 9) and i really dont wanna downgrade
That's what you get for being on 2018xxxx (Oreo) baseband even if both 16.0 and 17.1 expect you to have Pie one (see post #2) lol.

ilyabauer

Dec 3, 2018
That's what you get for being on 2018xxxx (Oreo) baseband even if both 16.0 and 17.1 expect you to have Pie one (see post #2) lol.

Thanks! I flashed the zip you provided and it worked, installation guide for LoS16 didn't say anything about flashing new firmware lol. Are there any more things i need to do? I only did zip flashing, should i do the full firmware update? I dont really understand half of it but I can try.

kreedzer

May 9, 2019
### Update ###
After joining the irc channel #[email protected], Luk1337 tried to help me with several new compiled TWRP files, but unfortunately, that didn't work out.
So he reuploaded the "magic" TWRP file (see link below). With this TWRP I always got rid of the flickering - just follow the steps in the post (link is also below).

Since my device was working again (Sony - Android 8 Stock ROM - 50.1.A.13.123) I wanted to start a new try with flashing LOS 17.1
Luk1337 told me not to flash everything again with newflasher and XperiFirm (as described Post #2).
Instead I should at first flash via TWRP https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261712574 (copy-partitions.zip) and then https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261716572 (pioneer_modem_bt_dsp_50.2.A.3.22.zip).
Directly after that I flashed LOS 17.1. No need to switch the slot.
Then I powered off the phone and booted again into TWRP, so that I could flash GApps and Magisk.
Now I could reboot to system. I thought the whole flashing failed because after some seconds of booting, the phone rebooted automatically.
The second boot did go well but an error of LineageOS came up, which said the system can't be started.
I choose there the factory reset - thought this would kill the GApps and Magisk, but it was the only thing I could do.

At the end the phone booted finally into Lineage and GApps + Magisk were installed.
Currently I am still installing and configuring everything, if I'ill notice anything else I will update the post again.

Thank you very much @LuK1337 for your support!
Just a shutout to everyone other: It's important to support such people as him for his great work, so just think about to donate him some money - also small amounts help. :)

Best regards,
kreedzer

Hey @LuK1337,
I tried to flash LOS 17.1 and now I have the same problem with a flickering screen (soft brick) as I had it more times with this smartphone (H4113) in the past.

Setup before flashing:
Firmware version: 50.1.A.13.123
Android: 8 (Stock Rom) rooted with Magisk

At first I followed your instruction on #2 by downloading the firmware "50.2.A.3.22 / R5B" with XperiFirm, removed all files and flashed it to both slots.
After that I wanted to fastboot into TWRP (fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-6-pioneer.img) but it didn't boot into it -> instead I got the flickering screen back.

In the past I always used your "special" TWRP file to fix that problem - instruction which helped always :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79799244
(DL Link: https://kremowka.xyz/files/1d66175c6ce8e04865d041cbcac8ba3013a02b1e.img)

but unfortunately the file is offline.

I tried now several other TWRP images and also flashing the whole firmware "50.2.A.3.22 / R5B" to the device (both slots) but the flickering is still there - that's also the current state.

Could you help me please?

Best regards,
kreedzer

Last edited:
Reactions: budgies

Dctruc

Nov 26, 2019
Anybody have same problem with me?
I can't hear the sound when I receive the call through Facebook messenger / WhatsApp/zalo ????

I tried to wipe data/factory reset but it worked several times and had a same problem.

Can you help me solve this problem?
Thanks so much.

80c535

Jul 8, 2019

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Reactions: 80c535

xperiaf

Dec 1, 2018
sorry for the above, i spent my two free day to use this rom up, greatful thanks for this thread and work.

// a little question
what is a status "this build is signed with a Public Key warning" (from Trust option).

// bug report (maybe)
when (using ifw) disable the (least one) component (SyncService, StubAuthencatorService, StubProvider) of a app -- Telegram X (from google play store), launch this app, then i will encounter a unlimited soft reboot. i never meet this when i'm Los 15 and 16, or is it a feature of Android 10? i post the logcat at https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/zD4trJX8s2

// feature request
comparing to Los 16, currently ver 17 miss the two great feature i'm very loving in Lineage: network manager (at application info, if enable SIM network or Wifi network) and permission ASK mode (ask me for permission when a app request it).

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
>what is a status "this build is signed with a Public Key warning" (from Trust option).
Nothing I'm going to care about.

>when (using ifw) disable the (least one) component (SyncService, StubAuthencatorService, StubProvider) of a app -- Telegram X (from google play store), launch this app, then i will encounter a unlimited soft reboot. i never meet this when i'm Los 15 and 16, or is it a feature of Android 10? i post the logcat at https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/zD4trJX8s2
Probably Android issue.

>comparing to Los 16, currently ver 17 miss the two great feature i'm very loving in Lineage: network manager (at application info, if enable SIM network or Wifi network) and permission ASK mode (ask me for permission when a app request it).
I don't take feature requests.

Last edited:

xperiaf

Dec 1, 2018
>what is a status "this build is signed with a Public Key warning" (from Trust option).
Nothing I'm going to care about.

>when (using ifw) disable the (least one) component (SyncService, StubAuthencatorService, StubProvider) of a app -- Telegram X (from google play store), launch this app, then i will encounter a unlimited soft reboot. i never meet this when i'm Los 15 and 16, or is it a feature of Android 10? i post the logcat at https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/zD4trJX8s2
Probably Android issue.

>comparing to Los 16, currently ver 17 miss the two great feature i'm very loving in Lineage: network manager (at application info, if enable SIM network or Wifi network) and permission ASK mode (ask me for permission when a app request it).
I don't take feature requests.

got it.

and bug report (maybe) :
could not show keyboard input when i'm on a app at Work Profile, i have Gboard installed in two profile too. i post the log here https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/29VDTGwpVG/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia XA2

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-10-08
    Last Updated 2020-04-01
    [ protip: 20191010+ builds require 50.2 FW (at least bluetooth, dsp, modem from it) If you're still running 50.1 you can flash this package in TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261716572 unless you're fine with having partially broken audio and broken Egistec fingerprint sensor ;3 ]

However if you want to flash whole firmware package onto both slots, you can follow the guide below:

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
    NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
    Code:
    for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
    unzip boot.zip -d boot
    2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
    4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
    5. Reboot to recovery mode (both Lineage recovery and TWRP will work)
    6. Flash https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261712574
    7. Profit?
    PSA: Official downloads are back again.
    Anyone have any clue on when the builds will resume? Is the hacking incident sorted?
    From Twitter (for the sake of completeness):

LineageOS @LineageAndroid · 3. Mai

Around 8PM PST on May 2nd, 2020 an attacker used a CVE in our saltstack master to gain access to our infrastructure.

We are able to verify that:
    - Signing keys are unaffected.
    - Builds are unaffected.
    - Source code is unaffected.

See http://status.lineageos.org for more info.
    https://twitter.com/LineageAndroid/status/1256821056100163584

From Reddit (haggertk = a LOS director):

haggertk · 7 days ago

Well, it looked like the compromise was fairly contained (more details will be forthcoming in a blog post), but burning it all to the ground and rebuilding, using backups where appropriate, is better than hoping you fully cleaned it all.

(...)

No, we're in the process of rebuilding pretty much everything except signing - web, mail, gerrit, buildbots, mirrorbits, etc.

If it's public and up right now it's because it was rebuilt.

haggertk · 3 days ago

Something completely independent from the salt exploitation happened somewhere around/just after April 23. The build trees on some of our build servers got "stuck" and weren't picking up submitted changes. Because the build date would be a lie, and it wasn't worth the effort to map which specific builds came off the "stuck" servers, we removed all builds for all devices after the apparent fault timeframe.

(...)

They aren't unsafe, just potentially with a codebase that is a few days older than what's represented in the build info.

If the concern is in any way related to the infra exploit, I will repeat what we publicly stated a week ago - no completed builds, source code, keys, or signing servers were compromised in any way.

(...)

Did we run into problems? Sure, if you call people's actual paying jobs and personal lives a problem.

Still in work, hoping for by the end of weekend, which is rather good for a "rebuild the entire world" kind of situation. If we miss the date, we miss the date.

It's important to note that development was only halted for less than two days. And let's be honest, the vast majority of devices haven't had anything truly important submitted in a way that really needs a new build.
    https://www.reddit.com/user/haggertk/comments/
    [announcement]
    I just released new builds /w Nov SPL but there's a c-catch.
    If you're updating from 20191025-20191102 to newer build you'll need to do: `rm -rf /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads /data/data/com.android.providers.media /data/misc/wifi /data/misc_ce/0/wifi` in root shell (adb root && adb shell or adb shell × su if using Magisk or something)