• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread
Nov 28, 2019
Interesting. Wiping data requires one to set up phone again by downloading all apps, etc. Right?
Yea. It kept gapps installed but not magisk, so I have to install it again. Right now, I'm not using any module, or applying OTA update (that would be suicide lol). I have restarted my phone several times today and have no issue, yet. I have yet to install tasker, or my personal banking apps (that's why I have to use magiskhide)

Oh, about the Cytus II, I realized its just a google play store issue on installing big apps. I just wipe data and cache on google play services and google play store and it works fine.

Last edited:

ilyabauer

Dec 3, 2018
Thank you!

I had the same problem with Magisk and the bootloop. It was caused by directly updating Magisk (from 20.3 to 20.4) via Magisk Manager. So I won't do this again. As described it is possible to boot into TWRP and from there reboot into system with no bootloop. After a Smartphone restart you will have the same problem again.

I tried to flash back the Magisk 20.3 ZIP-File via TWRP, but had the same problem. Also by flashing version 20.4 via TWRP the bootloop didn't go away.

How I did fix the problem?
After backing up every important files I fully wiped everything on both slots via TWRP. Then flashed LOS 17.1, rebooted into TWRP, flashed GAPPS (pico) and Magisk 20.4 and rebooted into system without installing TWRP. So in the end a normal clean install fixed my bootloop problem.

I've done what you did there (except i didn't change the slots, I mean I did the first time and it kinda ****ed up everything so I started over without changing them).
Same procedures Magisk 20.4, 09/04 Version of LoS 17.1, 08/04 Gapps Pico.
After installing LoS and rebooting into twrp and instaling gapps than magisk there I rebooted the system. Got the warning about android system not found, wiped data. And it booted the OS. After installation and restoring the apps from google account I noticed that because of the wipe before system boot Magisk got deleted. So i booted to twrp again and installed it again. System booted normally I then installed Magisk Manager and confirmed the installation + snet pass. Installed Viper4Android, within the app installed driver and rebooted. Everything works (including audio driver) so now I'm a happy boi with working LoS 17.1 + Magisk.

Thank You Luk & Kreedzer.

ilyabauer

Dec 3, 2018
Referring to that install I talked about. For now everything seems fine except for Google Assistant not working. I think it's because of "pico install". Can I flash "bigger" gapps over the ones that are installed right now?
Edit: not working as in not responding to "Ok google" and I can't turn it on (option is greyed out)

80c535

Jul 8, 2019
I've done what you did there (except i didn't change the slots, I mean I did the first time and it kinda ****ed up everything so I started over without changing them).
Same procedures Magisk 20.4, 09/04 Version of LoS 17.1, 08/04 Gapps Pico.
After installing LoS and rebooting into twrp and instaling gapps than magisk there I rebooted the system. Got the warning about android system not found, wiped data. And it booted the OS. After installation and restoring the apps from google account I noticed that because of the wipe before system boot Magisk got deleted. So i booted to twrp again and installed it again. System booted normally I then installed Magisk Manager and confirmed the installation + snet pass. Installed Viper4Android, within the app installed driver and rebooted. Everything works (including audio driver) so now I'm a happy boi with working LoS 17.1 + Magisk.

Thank You Luk & Kreedzer.
Do OTA updates work afterwards without manual steps, including Magisk?
Or how do you install new LOS 17.1 versions now?

ilyabauer

Dec 3, 2018
Do OTA updates work afterwards without manual steps, including Magisk?
Or how do you install new LOS 17.1 versions now?
Yhm for me it finds the updste. Not sure if I want to try to install it. Actually I'll try and will respond to this thread after it's done / I break Lineage xD

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200410-165225_Updater.png
    Screenshot_20200410-165225_Updater.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 130

ilyabauer

Dec 3, 2018
system OTA is fine, without Magisk installed at your new system. you need to install Magisk manually after your OTA completed.
Wait what? I updated from 09/04 to 10/04 with Magisk installed and after update it still was there working just fine :S

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Yhm okay so I tried to install some substratum overlays. Swift Dark to be exact. Everything seemed to be okay. Substratum asked for root access, theme was detected so I built overlays for most of my apps. Everything was done (except for discord idk some errors there), reboot, system booted. I tried to open substratum - dark screen. Any other apps - same. Settings worked tho. So I thought okay some bug maybe restart will help - system not booting (bootloop). Soo yea I had to find substratumRescue zip and flash it. Everything is normal now. I'm guessing no substratum on LoS 17.1?

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Even more interesting behavior. After flashing rescue zip I launched substratum to see if overlays are gone and nope. They are here - verified. So I was like **** it lets test it out and applied all of them. They actually applied and worked. So I tried restarting to see it this weird "rescue" type installation is working and not breaking again. *Drumroll* bootloop :). So I rescue again. System boots - overlays are still applied (?). So I disable them and then uninstall - reboot - system boots normally. Weird behavior

xperiaf

Dec 1, 2018
sorry for the above, i spent my two free day to use this rom up, greatful thanks for this thread and work.

// a little question
what is a status "this build is signed with a Public Key warning" (from Trust option).

// bug report (maybe)
when (using ifw) disable the (least one) component (SyncService, StubAuthencatorService, StubProvider) of a app -- Telegram X (from google play store), launch this app, then i will encounter a unlimited soft reboot. i never meet this when i'm Los 15 and 16, or is it a feature of Android 10? i post the logcat at https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/zD4trJX8s2

// feature request
comparing to Los 16, currently ver 17 miss the two great feature i'm very loving in Lineage: network manager (at application info, if enable SIM network or Wifi network) and permission ASK mode (ask me for permission when a app request it).

greatful thanks for the network restrictions feature added in the yesterday build, i'm keep excited now!

F2BIHARI

Feb 24, 2017
GCAM

Is there any way to swap stock camera api with a google's camera2 api one, and use GCAM6+ apk?

emc02

Jul 4, 2010
Vienna
Got a problem with ota to 1104
Phone reboot never (10 minutes) finished. Had to power off (Vol down and power button till it vibrates 3 times) and power on again, then it boots after 2 minutes and the update seems to be fine.

barmin

Apr 13, 2020
Sorry for my inexperience: for flashing the new firmware, shall I just download the file above and flash it from twrp like it was a rom? will it "know" automatically that it is a fw? or is the procedure slightly different? thnx for your help!

ilyabauer

Dec 3, 2018
Substratum works fine in my phone.

Any special procedures? What was your way of installing rom, did you use OTA, what theme are you using

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Got a problem with ota to 1104
Phone reboot never (10 minutes) finished. Had to power off (Vol down and power button till it vibrates 3 times) and power on again, then it boots after 2 minutes and the update seems to be fine.

Should've read this before updating to 1104. And this procedure doesn't seem to work for me, any ideas?

Edit: after a couple of restarts and reboot to recovery than restarting from there. 2-3 "system cannot load android" warnings (clicked on try again not factory reset) it booted into old 1004 version. I didn't know it can do that

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia XA2

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-10-08
    Last Updated 2020-04-01
    [ protip: 20191010+ builds require 50.2 FW (at least bluetooth, dsp, modem from it) If you're still running 50.1 you can flash this package in TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261716572 unless you're fine with having partially broken audio and broken Egistec fingerprint sensor ;3 ]

However if you want to flash whole firmware package onto both slots, you can follow the guide below:

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
    NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
    Code:
    for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
    unzip boot.zip -d boot
    2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
    4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
    5. Reboot to recovery mode (both Lineage recovery and TWRP will work)
    6. Flash https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261712574
    7. Profit?
    PSA: Official downloads are back again.
    Anyone have any clue on when the builds will resume? Is the hacking incident sorted?
    From Twitter (for the sake of completeness):

LineageOS @LineageAndroid · 3. Mai

Around 8PM PST on May 2nd, 2020 an attacker used a CVE in our saltstack master to gain access to our infrastructure.

We are able to verify that:
    - Signing keys are unaffected.
    - Builds are unaffected.
    - Source code is unaffected.

See http://status.lineageos.org for more info.
    https://twitter.com/LineageAndroid/status/1256821056100163584

From Reddit (haggertk = a LOS director):

haggertk · 7 days ago

Well, it looked like the compromise was fairly contained (more details will be forthcoming in a blog post), but burning it all to the ground and rebuilding, using backups where appropriate, is better than hoping you fully cleaned it all.

(...)

No, we're in the process of rebuilding pretty much everything except signing - web, mail, gerrit, buildbots, mirrorbits, etc.

If it's public and up right now it's because it was rebuilt.

haggertk · 3 days ago

Something completely independent from the salt exploitation happened somewhere around/just after April 23. The build trees on some of our build servers got "stuck" and weren't picking up submitted changes. Because the build date would be a lie, and it wasn't worth the effort to map which specific builds came off the "stuck" servers, we removed all builds for all devices after the apparent fault timeframe.

(...)

They aren't unsafe, just potentially with a codebase that is a few days older than what's represented in the build info.

If the concern is in any way related to the infra exploit, I will repeat what we publicly stated a week ago - no completed builds, source code, keys, or signing servers were compromised in any way.

(...)

Did we run into problems? Sure, if you call people's actual paying jobs and personal lives a problem.

Still in work, hoping for by the end of weekend, which is rather good for a "rebuild the entire world" kind of situation. If we miss the date, we miss the date.

It's important to note that development was only halted for less than two days. And let's be honest, the vast majority of devices haven't had anything truly important submitted in a way that really needs a new build.
    https://www.reddit.com/user/haggertk/comments/
    [announcement]
    I just released new builds /w Nov SPL but there's a c-catch.
    If you're updating from 20191025-20191102 to newer build you'll need to do: `rm -rf /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads /data/data/com.android.providers.media /data/misc/wifi /data/misc_ce/0/wifi` in root shell (adb root && adb shell or adb shell × su if using Magisk or something)