[ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Boot to recovery again
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia XA2

Contributors
LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-10-08
Last Updated 2020-04-01

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
[ protip: 20191010+ builds require 50.2 FW (at least bluetooth, dsp, modem from it) If you're still running 50.1 you can flash this package in TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261716572 unless you're fine with having partially broken audio and broken Egistec fingerprint sensor ;3 ]

However if you want to flash whole firmware package onto both slots, you can follow the guide below:

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
Code:
for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
unzip boot.zip -d boot
2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
- boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
- system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
- userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
- vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
5. Reboot to recovery mode (both Lineage recovery and TWRP will work)
6. Flash https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261712574
7. Profit?

Last edited:

olivrd

Feb 27, 2017
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
first off, thanks a lot for your work and for sharing it with us, amazing!

i've installed the second build (lineage-17.0-20191008_192747-UNOFFICIAL-pioneer.zip), with magisk 19.4 and opengapps beta and it works like a charm!
although, i had to do some of the steps from the los16 procedure (like flashing pie .400 firmware on both slots and reboots between los, magisk and gapps flashing) since i've had oreo firmware.

for now, as for the little time spend on the build, it works great. the one thing i've noticed is that the fingerprint sensor is not working.

however, great bulid and thanks again!

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
first off, thanks a lot for your work and for sharing it with us, amazing!

i've installed the second build (lineage-17.0-20191008_192747-UNOFFICIAL-pioneer.zip), with magisk 19.4 and opengapps beta and it works like a charm!
although, i had to do some of the steps from the los16 procedure (like flashing pie .400 firmware on both slots and reboots between los, magisk and gapps flashing) since i've had oreo firmware.

for now, as for the little time spend on the build, it works great. the one thing i've noticed is that the fingerprint sensor is not working.

however, great bulid and thanks again!
You just be on 50.1 if FP isn't working or you're using fpc10xx? Either way what does the baseband version say?
Hm it may be magisk too. I need to try that crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: reintal and Untot

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
with 50.1 fw and los16 it was fine. the baseband version now is "20190718_BY12O_Daily"

Yeah, it's probably magisk then. I'll try to do something about it...
Also what does adb shell getprop ro.hardware.fingerprint say?

Actually nvm. If it's fpc1035 then it's my fault, if getprop ro.hardware.fingerprint actually says fpc1035 then add me on Discord or Hangouts cause I'd need you to test it.

Last edited:

emc02

Jul 4, 2010
Vienna
I am currently on los16 and would like to help you with testing.
I don't know how to find out which firmware I have, but
cat /proc/cei_fp_id shows et516
and
getprop ro.hardware.fingerprint shows also et516

What can I do to support you?

emc02

Jul 4, 2010
Vienna
Ok, so I am on 50.1?
Can I flash 50.2 like discribed on post 2 with newflasher and then los17 will work without Audio and fingerprint problems?
Is firmware 50.2 compatile with los16?
Or is it like this:
50.1 only on los16
50.2 only on los17

Thanks for your development!

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Ok, so I am on 50.1?
Can I flash 50.2 like discribed on post 2 with newflasher and then los17 will work without Audio and fingerprint problems?
Is firmware 50.2 compatile with los16?
Or is it like this:
50.1 only on los16
50.2 only on los17

Thanks for your development!
50.2 for both now. Also you don't really need to flash whole 50.2 FW, you can just flash the zip linked in #2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia XA2

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-10-08
    Last Updated 2020-04-01
    [ protip: 20191010+ builds require 50.2 FW (at least bluetooth, dsp, modem from it) If you're still running 50.1 you can flash this package in TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261716572 unless you're fine with having partially broken audio and broken Egistec fingerprint sensor ;3 ]

However if you want to flash whole firmware package onto both slots, you can follow the guide below:

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
    NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
    Code:
    for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
    unzip boot.zip -d boot
    2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
    4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
    5. Reboot to recovery mode (both Lineage recovery and TWRP will work)
    6. Flash https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261712574
    7. Profit?
    PSA: Official downloads are back again.
    Anyone have any clue on when the builds will resume? Is the hacking incident sorted?
    From Twitter (for the sake of completeness):

LineageOS @LineageAndroid · 3. Mai

Around 8PM PST on May 2nd, 2020 an attacker used a CVE in our saltstack master to gain access to our infrastructure.

We are able to verify that:
    - Signing keys are unaffected.
    - Builds are unaffected.
    - Source code is unaffected.

See http://status.lineageos.org for more info.
    https://twitter.com/LineageAndroid/status/1256821056100163584

From Reddit (haggertk = a LOS director):

haggertk · 7 days ago

Well, it looked like the compromise was fairly contained (more details will be forthcoming in a blog post), but burning it all to the ground and rebuilding, using backups where appropriate, is better than hoping you fully cleaned it all.

(...)

No, we're in the process of rebuilding pretty much everything except signing - web, mail, gerrit, buildbots, mirrorbits, etc.

If it's public and up right now it's because it was rebuilt.

haggertk · 3 days ago

Something completely independent from the salt exploitation happened somewhere around/just after April 23. The build trees on some of our build servers got "stuck" and weren't picking up submitted changes. Because the build date would be a lie, and it wasn't worth the effort to map which specific builds came off the "stuck" servers, we removed all builds for all devices after the apparent fault timeframe.

(...)

They aren't unsafe, just potentially with a codebase that is a few days older than what's represented in the build info.

If the concern is in any way related to the infra exploit, I will repeat what we publicly stated a week ago - no completed builds, source code, keys, or signing servers were compromised in any way.

(...)

Did we run into problems? Sure, if you call people's actual paying jobs and personal lives a problem.

Still in work, hoping for by the end of weekend, which is rather good for a "rebuild the entire world" kind of situation. If we miss the date, we miss the date.

It's important to note that development was only halted for less than two days. And let's be honest, the vast majority of devices haven't had anything truly important submitted in a way that really needs a new build.
    https://www.reddit.com/user/haggertk/comments/
    [announcement]
    I just released new builds /w Nov SPL but there's a c-catch.
    If you're updating from 20191025-20191102 to newer build you'll need to do: `rm -rf /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads /data/data/com.android.providers.media /data/misc/wifi /data/misc_ce/0/wifi` in root shell (adb root && adb shell or adb shell × su if using Magisk or something)