[ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

ElLibertador

Jan 27, 2015
Thanks Luk. What you say makes sense but if you look at the comments, I am not the only one facing the issue. I wonder what the common factor is between the ones facing it.

For me:
Used mindthegapps
Magisk v22
No other modules
Same issue here after upgrading from 17.1, no charging issues before. Chaging only works once after every restart.

Magisk 22
microG

Merlin K

Nov 14, 2014
Sony Xperia XA2
Google Pixel 4a
Same issue here after upgrading from 17.1, no charging issues before. Chaging only works once after every restart.

Magisk 22
microG
I had similar issue on 17.1 some time ago. It was possible to charge only by connecting phone during restart, before LOS loaded. Issue was related to USB settings and I thought it is hardware related. In a few days I took my phone and went to service but when I tried to replicate issue there - it started to work fine. How no idea what that was... 🥴

samhhmobil

May 25, 2017
Hamburg
Thanks. Since you are using microg, atleast it proves that it's not the gapps I used. Wonder if its magisk?

Is there anyone without magisk facing the issue?
Sorry, I haven't that strange behaviour (maybe it depends on the firmware?).

Charging cable plug in, plug off, plug in, plug off, ..., ..., ..., ... charging works as it should. No issues here.

- Phone model: H3113
- Firmware 50.2.A.3.77 (2020-07-22)
- LOS 18.1, build of 2021-04-02
- OpenGapps-TEST, nano, of 2021-01-30
- Magisk v22.0

samhhmobil

Last edited:

emc02

Jul 4, 2010
Vienna
I've got also the charging issue yesterday.
Did anyone face any issues during OTA Update? Is it safe?

Andy_2639

Jun 11, 2020
Stuttgart
Sony Xperia XA2
Edit: VoLTE works! I talk on the phone and the service is still LTE. I am using Vodafone Germany (Lidl Connect).
Does VoLTE work for incoming and outgoing calls? For me, VoLTE (and WiFi-Calling) works only for incoming calls. Outgoing calls fall back to GSM/UMTS.
(I tested it by forcing my phone to LTE/disabling radio power).

Does your phone register to IMS?
  • Dial *#*#4636#*#* (*#*#info#*#*)
  • Tap Phone information
  • In the 3 dots menu, select IMS Service Status
I'm using Aldi Talk (Telefonica Germany)

Thanks for the update on your VoLTE status 🙂

Reactions: mx82

Andy_2639

Jun 11, 2020
Stuttgart
Sony Xperia XA2
Thanks. Since you are using microg, atleast it proves that it's not the gapps I used. Wonder if its magisk?

Is there anyone without magisk facing the issue?
I'm also experiencing charging issues with 18.1 - with 17.1 no problems.
I'm using a USB Battery Charging device (basically 5V PSU with shorted data lines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_hardware#USB_Battery_Charging ).

The first time I read about the charging issue, I tried charging: pluggin cable in, out, in ... averything worked.
Then I really needed to charge it and it displayed: chager connected but no charging. After a restart, charging worked. Now, I tried to charge again and same problem: ohne detects charger but doesn't charge the battery.

I measured the current and it seems that the phone uses the charger to power itself (and not draining the battery) but does not charge the battery. This also complies with my experience: during a map update of OSMand, the battery level didn't fall despite a long time loading data via WiFi.

Phone model: H4113
Baseband: 20191108_BY12O_Daily
LineageOS: 18.1-20210402-NIGHTLY-pioneer
No root, no magisk, no Goole Apps/Services - just plain LineageOS as far as I can tell.

Updated form 17.1 without factory reset.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
I'm also experiencing charging issues with 18.1 - with 17.1 no problems.
I'm using a USB Battery Charging device (basically 5V PSU with shorted data lines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_hardware#USB_Battery_Charging ).

The first time I read about the charging issue, I tried charging: pluggin cable in, out, in ... averything worked.
Then I really needed to charge it and it displayed: chager connected but no charging. After a restart, charging worked. Now, I tried to charge again and same problem: ohne detects charger but doesn't charge the battery.

I measured the current and it seems that the phone uses the charger to power itself (and not draining the battery) but does not charge the battery. This also complies with my experience: during a map update of OSMand, the battery level didn't fall despite a long time loading data via WiFi.

Phone model: H4113
Baseband: 20191108_BY12O_Daily
LineageOS: 18.1-20210402-NIGHTLY-pioneer
No root, no magisk, no Goole Apps/Services - just plain LineageOS as far as I can tell.

Updated form 17.1 without factory reset.
You can try boot.img I uploaded here: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-official-pioneer-11-lineageos-18-1.4169357/post-84789249
I assumed that someone would care to try it and drop their results here but I guess that was just my wishful thinking.

Andy_2639

Jun 11, 2020
Stuttgart
Sony Xperia XA2
You can try boot.img I uploaded here: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-official-pioneer-11-lineageos-18-1.4169357/post-84789249
I assumed that someone would care to try it and drop their results here but I guess that was just my wishful thinking.
Can you please tell me how can I try it?
Do I have to install it permanently or just boot with it (like TWRP).
What command do I have to use? fastboot boot boot.img?
(How can I restore the current state of my phone?)

Sorry for the questions but I'm not really deep into this Android stuff - I'm using LineageOS mainly to extend the phone life after Sony drops security updates and to live without Google account.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Can you please tell me how can I try it?
Do I have to install it permanently or just boot with it (like TWRP).
What command do I have to use? fastboot boot boot.img?
(How can I restore the current state of my phone?)

Sorry for the questions but I'm not really deep into this Android stuff - I'm using LineageOS mainly to extend the phone life after Sony drops security updates and to live without Google account.
You can just boot it. Confirm in settings that kernel build date roughly matches the post time.

Andy_2639

Jun 11, 2020
Stuttgart
Sony Xperia XA2
You can just boot it. Confirm in settings that kernel build date roughly matches the post time.

I started the phone into bootloader (blue LED) and run that command:
Code:
C:\Users\User\XA2\platform-tools>fastboot boot C:\Users\User\XA2\boot.img
Sending 'boot.img' (22781 KB)                      OKAY [  0.915s]
Booting                                            OKAY [  5.286s]
Finished. Total time: 6.270s

The phone rebooted and showed the battery symbol (like when charging a powered off phone). Then, I pressed the power button and - after showing the unlocked warning and the sony logo - the phone booted into Android.
I guess that it loaded the boot image from the phones memory instead of the one I provided with fastboot as it seemed to do a full reboot after pressing the power button.

The charging issue still is present.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
I started the phone into bootloader (blue LED) and run that command:
Code:
C:\Users\User\XA2\platform-tools>fastboot boot C:\Users\User\XA2\boot.img
Sending 'boot.img' (22781 KB)                      OKAY [  0.915s]
Booting                                            OKAY [  5.286s]
Finished. Total time: 6.270s

The phone rebooted and showed the battery symbol (like when charging a powered off phone). Then, I pressed the power button and - after showing the unlocked warning and the sony logo - the phone booted into Android.
I guess that it loaded the boot image from the phones memory instead of the one I provided with fastboot as it seemed to do a full reboot after pressing the power button.

The charging issue still is present.
Unplug usb as soon as it says finished.

mhier

Oct 26, 2012
I have the issue, too, and just now flashed the modified boot.img. I will report in one or two days if the problem reappears. For me it appears always after a while (some hours), and a reboot cures it.

Btw: I observed a similar, yet more drastic issue with my wife's phone, a Sony X Compact (F5321). I tried an unofficial non-LineageOS Android 11 (https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-11-0-4-9-aosp-kugo-explosive-lobster.4214465/). Charging the phone was then entirely impossible, even when switching it off or while being in recovery. I had to switch to the latest available LineageOS before the battery went down completely. Not sure if this is connected in any way, but maybe this gives a useful hint?

mx82

Dec 9, 2011
Looks like I have also the charging issue. Every charging since the second one after rebooting is not possible.

Good news for GPS location:
Looks like it will be fixed next Thursday:
Allow unified location provider as possible location provider (not as used location provider)

This error only appears if you install Gapps or MicroG (only a problem of ~95% of the users ;-) )
On my opinion it's up to the user to decide if he want to use Gapps and Unified / MicroG. But in the first place this patch is needed to make it possible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    [ protip: 20191010+ builds require 50.2 FW (at least bluetooth, dsp, modem from it) If you're still running 50.1 you can flash this package in TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261716572 unless you're fine with having partially broken audio and broken Egistec fingerprint sensor ;3 ]

However if you want to flash whole firmware package onto both slots, you can follow the guide below:

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
    NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
    Code:
    for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
    unzip boot.zip -d boot
    2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
    4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
    5. Reboot to recovery mode (both Lineage recovery and TWRP will work)
    6. Flash https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261712574
    7. Profit?
    @LuK1337 I just wanted to say thank you for your great work! Your work makes our phones live longer, and that's worth real money (donation is on it's way ;-))! I am really happy with how my phone works now. Usually you are only hearing from us when something is not working, which is probably not super motivating :)
    As it's already tomorrow and a new build is released, I dare to give a hint:

dead // 636865636b20746f6d6f72726f77203a5e29
    In the left (input) view, switch the format from binary to hexadecimal.
    So I tried it and it seems to fix the issue. I had now two nights in which the phone charged properly without reboot, while before I had to reboot every evening to make it charge again.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help debugging!
    Let me know if it still works on April 13th.