[ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Any of you use the built in AOSP keyboard? Does this happen to you?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210417-072845_Google.png
    Screenshot_20210417-072845_Google.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 51

Andy_2639

Jun 11, 2020
Stuttgart
Sony Xperia XA2
OTA from lineage-18.1-20210408 to lineage-18.1-20210415 worked for me without problems (however, no Google apps, root, magisk, priviledged extensions, ...).

The battery charging issue seems to be resolved. Thanks @LuK1337 for fixing this and maintaining the XA2 in general 👍🙂 Also thanks to all testing the boot.img.

not finding an option for flashing zip with lineagrecovery
IIRC, you can flash ZIPs in the LineageOS Recovery with the option "Apply update" in the main menu. Then just select the source for the zip: ADB or you memory card. I installed OpenGApps in 17.1 on my families phones this way.

Wotanstahl

Apr 17, 2021
Hello,

i am new to this forum and would like to flash my XA2 from stock android 9 to LOS 18.1. So ich checked this thread, the install instructions for the device at the lineage website and have now some questions about it:

Do i have to flash the firmware according to this guide? The firmare currently installed on my phone is 50.2.A.3.77

Did anybody backupped the trim are partition/DRM keys? is it important for the XA2?

the following step of the LOS-instructions i dont understand:

In some cases slot b can be unpopulated or contain much older firmware than slot a, leading to various issues including a potential hard-brick. We can ensure none of that will happen by copying the contents of slot a to slot b. This step is NOT optional.

To do this, sideload the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip package by doing the following:

1. Download the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip file from here.
  2. Sideload the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip package:
    • On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
    • On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip

the best googleapps-package at the moment is mindthegapps?

the charging issue is now solved by a new build or still that boot.img workaround is needed?

i know, some really noobish questions, but maybe someone can have mercy :)

mhier

Oct 26, 2012
@LuK1337 I just wanted to say thank you for your great work! Your work makes our phones live longer, and that's worth real money (donation is on it's way ;-))! I am really happy with how my phone works now. Usually you are only hearing from us when something is not working, which is probably not super motivating :)

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
@LuK1337 I just wanted to say thank you for your great work! Your work makes our phones live longer, and that's worth real money (donation is on it's way ;-))! I am really happy with how my phone works now. Usually you are only hearing from us when something is not working, which is probably not super motivating :)
That's a fair thing to say. We generally post only when something is wrong. Thanks @LuK1337 for providing us an excellent ROM and your support.

Marek W.

Apr 5, 2021
@LuK1337 is this Rom can use dual sim? I inserted 2 sims, but my phone has shown only one
Hello,

here a similar "problem". Insertet 2 sims, can see both SIMs and can toggle them via "Calls/SMS preference" in Menu (with sucess for calling and SMS).

But toggeling via "Mobile data" in Menu does not "activate" the other SIM. Its only "deactivate" the actual SIM.

Bit Backgrond:
I own two H4113. One (older) with LOS 17.1 and other with LOS 18.1. For data I can only use the SIM-Slot which i had choose during the installation process. (In my case in the LOS17.1-mobile SIM-Slot1, in the LOS18.1-mobile SIM-Slot2)

(And also from my side -> Thanks @LuK1337 for providing us an excellent ROM and your support.)(y)

Merlin K

Nov 14, 2014
Sony Xperia XA2
Google Pixel 4a
Hi,

During the last few days I started to notice an issue with charging. I plug the cable, the phone is charging, then I'm noticing that it stopped charging. Plug/unplug - it charges again, but in a 5-10-20 mins stops charging again. Does this issue look like the same which was discussed here before?

imska

Aug 7, 2015
free-droid.com
After a reboot, my camera app disappeared again from the home screen and from the launcher/drawer. Only way to access it again is by double pushing the power button.

This time, I'm on a clean installation without magisk. Only additional I flashed was the f-droid privileged extension.

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
After a reboot, my camera app disappeared again from the home screen and from the launcher/drawer. Only way to access it again is by double pushing the power button.

This time, I'm on a clean installation without magisk. Only additional I flashed was the f-droid privileged extension.
I guess you can say "oh snap!" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
I noticed that when connected to a quick charger, while the battery charges fast initially, it charges really slow for the last 25% or so. Not just slow, realllllllly slow. Is this the expected behaviour for this phone?

See screenshot. I am on the last 6% and it says it will take almost 20 mins more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210423-113724_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210423-113724_Settings.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 37

Andy_2639

Jun 11, 2020
Stuttgart
Sony Xperia XA2
I plug the cable, the phone is charging, then I'm noticing that it stopped charging. Plug/unplug - it charges again, but in a 5-10-20 mins stops charging again. Does this issue look like the same which was discussed here before?
That's a different issue than I experienced in the beginning of official 18.1. The issue I experienced (and which is fixed now) is that the phone charges one time after a reboot - without stopping.

So the procedure was:
  • Reboot phone.
  • Charge one time without problems.
  • After unplugging the charger, every charge attempt will fail until a reboot (however, the phone seemed to use the power from the charger instead of from the battery).

Merlin K

Nov 14, 2014
Sony Xperia XA2
Google Pixel 4a
That's a different issue than I experienced in the beginning of official 18.1. The issue I experienced (and which is fixed now) is that the phone charges one time after a reboot - without stopping.

So the procedure was:
  • Reboot phone.
  • Charge one time without problems.
  • After unplugging the charger, every charge attempt will fail until a reboot (however, the phone seemed to use the power from the charger instead of from the battery).
It was a problem with my charger. Took new one and it works fine now.

samhhmobil

May 25, 2017
Hamburg
Hello,

does somebody has experiences with adoptable/adopted storage with LOS 18.1 on XA2?

Installation via commandline/sm runs cleanly, migration of data works without any issue, but...

when accessing data in adopted storage, the files are there, with correct size, but unaccessible again, everything is "corrupted data".

Even Apps, that install to "SDcard" now, are "reset'ted" to initial state like new installation after every reboot. No app can read it's own actual configuration.

Adopted Storage is installed and working without any issue, but it's unuseable. Sigh.

What's to do?

Thanks for any hint,
samhhmobil

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Hello,

does somebody has experiences with adoptable/adopted storage with LOS 18.1 on XA2?

Installation via commandline/sm runs cleanly, migration of data works without any issue, but...

when accessing data in adopted storage, the files are there, with correct size, but unaccessible again, everything is "corrupted data".

Even Apps, that install to "SDcard" now, are "reset'ted" to initial state like new installation after every reboot. No app can read it's own actual configuration.

Adopted Storage is installed and working without any issue, but it's unuseable. Sigh.

What's to do?

Thanks for any hint,
samhhmobil
Tho even if it worked it's best to avoid it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    [ protip: 20191010+ builds require 50.2 FW (at least bluetooth, dsp, modem from it) If you're still running 50.1 you can flash this package in TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261716572 unless you're fine with having partially broken audio and broken Egistec fingerprint sensor ;3 ]

However if you want to flash whole firmware package onto both slots, you can follow the guide below:

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
    NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
    Code:
    for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
    unzip boot.zip -d boot
    2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
    4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
    5. Reboot to recovery mode (both Lineage recovery and TWRP will work)
    6. Flash https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261712574
    7. Profit?
    As it's already tomorrow and a new build is released, I dare to give a hint:

dead // 636865636b20746f6d6f72726f77203a5e29
    In the left (input) view, switch the format from binary to hexadecimal.
    So I tried it and it seems to fix the issue. I had now two nights in which the phone charged properly without reboot, while before I had to reboot every evening to make it charge again.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help debugging!
    Let me know if it still works on April 13th.