[ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Casserole

Jul 30, 2013
I've build AOSP 11, and adoptable storage works fine here. Any chance it might get fixed in LOS as well?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
I've build AOSP 11, and adoptable storage works fine here. Any chance it might get fixed in LOS as well?
AOSP is running newer kernel so it's likely working because of that. I really have no interest in trying to figure out why it works there but if you manage to get it working with upstream lineage device / kernel tree let me know.

Casserole

Jul 30, 2013
AOSP is running newer kernel so it's likely working because of that. I really have no interest in trying to figure out why it works there but if you manage to get it working with upstream lineage device / kernel tree let me know.
Right now getting my hands on source code to try various options. But perhaps this option might be a culprit? I've looked at LineageOS repos for that prop, it returned some devices, but not ours.

AveryEmerous_64

Aug 27, 2019
Hey, guys. I've been having issues with SIM network connectivity. The SIM card cannot find any access point while working just fine on my other phone. It detects the operator though.
I've flashed over the firmware for my country's biggest telecom provider while following the first reply to this thread and still no budge. Even flashed over the attached modem zip.
This happens even if I just use LineageOS and nothing else but the given zips.
Everything else works fine.

Edit:
Flashed over the stock ROM for my device, then flashed LineageOS back again and it fixed my issue. I got it from here and flashed over with Flashtool (tried to do it on Linux but the drivers for the phone are not available there, as far as I know).
I assume that flashing firmware version 50.1 will do the job. I've not had the issues that were indicated in the first post to this thread with this firmware and didn't need to flash over anything else.

Last edited:

counterphone

Dec 17, 2013
Hi,
Am I the only one experiencing (heh :) proximity sensor issues with the latest (OTA) update...?
Seems like the sensor isn't functional ie. screen doesn't turn off when phone is close to ear during call (Btw light sensor isn't working either, is it LOS issue or could be my phone?).

I also can't access service menu (through *#*#7378423#*# code) to check it...
No GAAPs of any kind are present

d210

Nov 29, 2010
Mine is 2019 as well. Did you get the later baseband by using a later firmware? If so, which one? I have flashed the pioneer_modem_bt_dsp_50.2.A.3.22.zip
I've got 20200722_BY12O_Daily with firmware H4113_Customized CE1_50.2.A.3.77-R1B downloaded with xperifirm and flashed with newflasher (as usual I just wasted some time trying to get flashtool to work with no luck).

Andy_2639

Jun 11, 2020
Stuttgart
Sony Xperia XA2
As it's already tomorrow and a new build is released, I dare to give a hint:

dead // 636865636b20746f6d6f72726f77203a5e29
In the left (input) view, switch the format from binary to hexadecimal.

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Is there a way in lineageos to give preference to 5ghz wifi if the router broadcasts both 5ghz and 2.4ghz@

birefringence

Mar 19, 2021
Thanks. I updated to H4113_Customized DACHBLX_50.2.A.3.77-R5B (XperiFirm for download and newflasher). Sadly, still no working IMS registration with Aldi Talk / Telefonica Germany.

The update of the original Sony firmware updates the baseband.

Yesterday, I updated my baseband with the instructions from https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-official-pioneer-10-lineageos-17-1.3979989/post-80469769 (the "flash whole firmware package" part).
Result: after the boot, the SIM PIN prompt came and after that "no SIM card" ...
I remembered that others wrote about that problem - it seems to appear if you install LineageOS without booting into the original Sony firmware at least once before.

So I took newflasher a second time to flash everything of the firmware (except the persist_* files) - which also erases all user data, which means a "nice" factory reset. Then booting into original firmware, clicking through the setup-dialog at the beginning. After that, reinstalled LineageOS as described in https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pioneer/install ...
Yeah again a working phone ... and a forgotten backup of the phonebook ...
Much fun for still not really working VoLTE.

Edit: my baseband version is now 20200722_BY12O_Daily .
I went through the same process. I noticed that the stock firmware prompted me to "reboot the phone to optimize for your network provider" a short while after finishing the setup process.

I managed to save most of my data by performing a TWRP backup of the whole system before flashing the stock rom, re-installing LineageOS, booting into it once and then restoring system and user data (though I'm not sure if that exact sequence is successful, I went through quite some trial and error until my phone was booting again).
I did however learn the hard way that all Signal messages are lost, because TWRP cannot backup/restore the Android key store. I also had to reinstall some other apps that relied on it.

VoLTE and Wifi-Calls work now at least incoming for AldiTalk.

The newer firmware makes the proximity sensor work less reliably. Often the screen does not turn back on, even if the phone is not close to any surface. This usually can be resolved with some "handwaving".

counterphone

Dec 17, 2013
I went through the same process. I noticed that the stock firmware prompted me to "reboot the phone to optimize for your network provider" a short while after finishing the setup process.

I managed to save most of my data by performing a TWRP backup of the whole system before flashing the stock rom, re-installing LineageOS, booting into it once and then restoring system and user data (though I'm not sure if that exact sequence is successful, I went through quite some trial and error until my phone was booting again).
I did however learn the hard way that all Signal messages are lost, because TWRP cannot backup/restore the Android key store. I also had to reinstall some other apps that relied on it.

VoLTE and Wifi-Calls work now at least incoming for AldiTalk.

The newer firmware makes the proximity sensor work less reliably. Often the screen does not turn back on, even if the phone is not close to any surface. This usually can be resolved with some "handwaving".
So it wasn't only me with a proximity sensor issues :)
Anyhow, 15 Jul update fixed it so now it should be more difficult to send your nudes to your gran, with a cheek, during call

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Anyone know where this sim colour setting is actually used I.e. where does the selected color show?

MisterPetje

Mar 17, 2011
Ipswich
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    [ protip: 20191010+ builds require 50.2 FW (at least bluetooth, dsp, modem from it) If you're still running 50.1 you can flash this package in TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261716572 unless you're fine with having partially broken audio and broken Egistec fingerprint sensor ;3 ]

However if you want to flash whole firmware package onto both slots, you can follow the guide below:

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
    NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
    Code:
    for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
    unzip boot.zip -d boot
    2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
    4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
    5. Reboot to recovery mode (both Lineage recovery and TWRP will work)
    6. Flash https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261712574
    7. Profit?
    @LuK1337 I just wanted to say thank you for your great work! Your work makes our phones live longer, and that's worth real money (donation is on it's way ;-))! I am really happy with how my phone works now. Usually you are only hearing from us when something is not working, which is probably not super motivating :)
    As it's already tomorrow and a new build is released, I dare to give a hint:

dead // 636865636b20746f6d6f72726f77203a5e29
    In the left (input) view, switch the format from binary to hexadecimal.
    So I tried it and it seems to fix the issue. I had now two nights in which the phone charged properly without reboot, while before I had to reboot every evening to make it charge again.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help debugging!
    Let me know if it still works on April 13th.