[ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Webexplr

Hey, I have problem writing data to NFC card (it's actually an e-money card). Phone doesn't have trouble reading the card information via NFC, but it's unable to update data on the chip.

I managed to grab a logcat. Can someone please tell me whether my phone's NFC is broken or something else happened? Thanks in advance.

EDIT
The attached txt file won't show up so I uploaded it on G-Drive here
Okay, I've tried writing data to two different cards using my banking apps. They do not work. I can only read data from the cards, not write. Could be my hardware or related to this ROM..

wtweek

Apr 8, 2018
Hello, I just wanted to thank you for your efforts and dedication to keeping this sexy phone alive. The ROM is clean and performant.

I was just wandering around a shopping center and found this phone on sale for $90 (it was also the last available unit open box). I remembered it had official LOS 18.1 support so I HAD to pick it up and throw away the Samsung garbage (A20) I had.

I proceeded to update the device to the latest Android 9 firmware which was time consuming 🥱 (can anyone confirm I indeed have the latest vendor update? Mine is Novemver 1 2020).

I couldn't backup the DRM keys since you needed root access somehow to get access to the TA partition (might as well mention in the installation guide that it is IMPOSSIBLE to backup DRM keys for newer devices).

I couldn't care less and proceeded to boot the LOS recovery and installing the system.

And there it is, clean LineageOS on a clean phone.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211015-102834_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211015-102834_Settings.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20211015-114926_LineageOS_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211015-114926_LineageOS_Settings.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Reactions: steve8x8

wtweek

Apr 8, 2018
Did anyone manage to get Sony's camera working on lineage? or at least GCam?

I'm using open camera rn, but i think i can get better since this is Sony we're talking about.

If yes can someone guide us through it?

Finally, is there an XA2 community on telegram or something?

samhhmobil

May 25, 2017
Hamburg
Did anyone manage to get Sony's camera working on lineage? or at least GCam?
I didn't try it by myself.

But there is a Magisk-module named "Sony Dummy Device", v1.0, which enables the possibility to install the original Xperia-Apps which are available in PlayStore for original Sony devices only.

Maybe you should try that?

samhhmobil

tax3718

Mar 28, 2009
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Hello,
Sorry, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have already tried several times, and the camera does not appear. and open camera tells me: Failure to open the camera. id: 0 I appreciate the help.

samhhmobil

May 25, 2017
Hamburg
Hello,
Sorry, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have already tried several times, and the camera does not appear. and open camera tells me: Failure to open the camera. id: 0 I appreciate the help.
Hardware issue...

I've had a similar problem, changing the camera to a new one, and everything did work again as it should.

samhhmobil

oldfish327

Dec 18, 2013
Hello,
I have an XA2 H3123 with LOS 18.1 and the LOS recovery installed. I am unable to reinstall the stock Sony ROM on my XA2. I am trying to get VoLTE to work and read several posts here that suggest that having the 50.2 firmware enables VoLTE. I followed the steps on page 1 of this thread for reinstalling the full Sony firmware package, but I am unable to get back to the Sony software. Currently the lock screen on my phone says I have no SIM card (the card is installed and was tested in another phone), WIFI works, and the baseband is now 20200722_BY120. Any suggestions? Could the LOS recovery be causing the problem?

I did the following:

Started with working LOS18.1 and LOS Recovery on XA2 with 50.1 baseband and the 50.2 modem file.

1. Used Xperifirm to download latest Xperia firmware (H3123_Customized US_50.2.A.3.77-R6B)

2. Removed the unwanted files from Xperia firmware package

3. Used Newflasher to flash remaining files to my XA2

4. Rebooted XA2 - OS is still LOS, baseband is now 20200722_BY120,
but SIM is no longer recognized and I cannot make/receive calls

5. Tried running Newflasher again - still on LOS

6. Tried factory reset - still on LOS

7. Used fastboot to switch slots - bootloop, switched back - still LOS, still no mobile network

PC OS: Ubuntu Mate
LOS 18.1 Release: 20211028
Platform-Tools Version: 31.0.3

Andy_2639

Jun 11, 2020
Stuttgart
Sony Xperia XA2
[]...but I am unable to get back to the Sony software. Currently the lock screen on my phone says I have no SIM card (the card is installed and was tested in another phone), [...]

2. Removed the unwanted files from Xperia firmware package

With removing the "unwanted" files, you removed the stock Android from the things to flash. According to the Newflasher thread, everything should be flashed. That means:
  • Newflasher doesn't like spaces in the path (according to the thread), so avoid them for the newflasher and firmware path.
  • `partition-image_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin` must be placed into a newly created `partition` folder: `mkdir ./partition && mv ./partition-image_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin ./partition/partition-image_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin`
  • `simlock.ta` must not be flashed (bricks device) but Newflasher ignores it for ages AFAIK
  • `persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin` must not be flashed (AFAIK flashing it removes factory calibration data forever). Recent Newflasher versions ignore it automatically.
With this, you should be able to flash the whole stock firmware including the stock Android.

Then, after flashing the stock Android, be sure to boot at least once into Android and finish the initial setup assistant. Be sure that VoLTE is enabled.
I had my SIM inserted during this first boot. After the setup assistant, Android said it has to reboot to complete carrier provisioning. After the reboot I checked that VoLTE is enabled and working. Then, I started to proceed with the LineageOS installation instructions.

This worked for my 4113 and 3113.

Hope this helps saving your device.

oldfish327

Dec 18, 2013
With removing the "unwanted" files, you removed the stock Android from the things to flash. According to the Newflasher thread, everything should be flashed. That means:
  • Newflasher doesn't like spaces in the path (according to the thread), so avoid them for the newflasher and firmware path.
  • `partition-image_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin` must be placed into a newly created `partition` folder: `mkdir ./partition && mv ./partition-image_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin ./partition/partition-image_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin`
  • `simlock.ta` must not be flashed (bricks device) but Newflasher ignores it for ages AFAIK
  • `persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin` must not be flashed (AFAIK flashing it removes factory calibration data forever). Recent Newflasher versions ignore it automatically.
With this, you should be able to flash the whole stock firmware including the stock Android.

Then, after flashing the stock Android, be sure to boot at least once into Android and finish the initial setup assistant. Be sure that VoLTE is enabled.
I had my SIM inserted during this first boot. After the setup assistant, Android said it has to reboot to complete carrier provisioning. After the reboot I checked that VoLTE is enabled and working. Then, I started to proceed with the LineageOS installation instructions.

This worked for my 4113 and 3113.

Hope this helps saving your device.
Thanks! Makes perfect sense. I reinstalled using your instructions and got back to Sony firmware. Had SIM installed on first boot, never got the reboot for VoLTE message. Rebooted twice for good measure then reinstalled LOS. My SIM is recognized properly again. No IME registration so I assume no VoLTE. May be my carrier (Red Pocket on ATT). Will order a SIM on Verizon and try that. Thanks for the help.

Andy_2639

Jun 11, 2020
Stuttgart
Sony Xperia XA2
[...] No IME registration so I assume no VoLTE. May be my carrier (Red Pocket on ATT). Will order a SIM on Verizon and try that. Thanks for the help.
Nice to hear that your phone works again.

Somewhere, I read that VoLTE has to work with stock ROM before flashing LineageOS. So hopefully, your new carrier will work with VoLTE without a roundtrip to stock Android ...

It can perfectly be that I misunderstood something or remember it wrongly.

Anyway, it would be interesting to know whether VoLTE works immediately with your new carrier or you had to flash stock Android, enable VoLTE, and then go back to LineageOS.

wtweek

Apr 8, 2018

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-154827_WireGuard.png
    Screenshot_20211103-154827_WireGuard.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Idesmi

Marteng69

Sep 13, 2014
I have finally made the installation of LOS 18.1 on my H3113. Everything went fine and I do not have any problems left! :)
My way was prior to the installation of LOS 18.1 to install complete latest stock on both slots with newflasher, boot phone and check if things like GPS or VoLTE work. Especially VoLTE was working fine.

Installation of LOS 18.1 in steps:
1. Installation of TWRP 3.5.2.9 via fastboot
2. Installation of LOS 18.1 version 2021-10-21 (see later why) on both slots
3. Installation of openGApps pico edition on both slots.
4. Installation of LOS Recovery via fastboot because TWRP stayed in the recovery boot loop and I was not able to fix this inside TWRP because of a error while creating the image.
5. Boot of LOS 18.1 and basic configuration.
6. Check if VoLTE is working. -> Success! :cool:
7. Running LOS updater for update to version 2021-11-11. Update is running fine! Out of this reason to check the updater I did not install the latest version above.
8. GPS was not working. In this thread I found to use GPSTest to clear the assist data. After that GPS works in apps like HERE WeGo.
9. Problem with Signal and pictures does not happen on my device. I am using Open Camera as camera app.

Thank you @LuK1337 for all your work on this ROM!

sma93

Nov 14, 2021
First of all thank you @LuK1337 for your great work. I have installed the latest build (20211111) via LOS recovery and i can't disable the option Automatically select network because i can't choose the network in the subsequent window. In LOS17.1 everything worked fine so I would like to know if this is a known bug or where this have to been reported to.

Screenshot_20211114-082508_Settings.png

LineageOS version: LOS 18.1-20211111
LineageOS Download url: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/fu...eage-18.1-20211111-nightly-pioneer-signed.zip
Gapps version: No Gapps

Did you--
wipe:yes
restore with titanium backup:no
reboot after having the issue:yes

Are you using--
a task killer:no
a non-stock kernel:no
other modifications:no

Last edited:

Casserole

Jul 30, 2013
Still no luck with adoptable storage. I've looked at this commit and applied the same properties for our device, together with encryptable=userdata in fstab.qcom, and it actually works and survives reboots.

But the worst part is, it still applies file-based encryption on top of block-based one, meaning you can't just extract key from /data/misc/vold, mount it on PC and back up your data if anything happens to the phone itself, as all files will get shown as undecryptable garbage (this isn't the case with AOSP, by the way).

Tried to cherrypick and resolve kernel patches like this one, and all it did is make all apps requiring file access crash. Seems like it all goes back to ancient 4.4 kernel not supporting whatever we need for adoptable storage to work normally.

Last edited:
Hye guys. I have installed los18.1 on my xperia xa2 few days ago. The phone got hang when playing video (instagram). Then i press volume up and power button, the phone is turned off. Now my phone wont turn on anymore. Is my phone hard bricked? I've read somewhere about 'simulating battery pull' by pressing volume up + power button. Does anyone know about it? I've been trying many times, the phone wont turn on anymore.

karenmcd

Jul 2, 2021
Hey ya'll. My partner is running a Sony Xperia XA2 H3133, build lineage_pioneer-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 10038441 (jan 13, 2022). We've been keeping it up-to-date all along since we installed it a few months ago. Recently my partner got charges for data usage even though the 'mobile data' has been in the off state the whole time. My partner does not pay for a data plan, so this ended up being ~$50 which is pretty expensive for a few MB used (Canada sux for data fees, holy crapola!).

We've turned off the date via the mobile phone carrier for the time being, while troubleshooting it, but I'm wondering why is it allowing data when we have it explicitly turned off.

The apps that are listed in "mobile data usage" are as follows:

oct 11- nov 10 2021
  • Frost 8.06 MB
  • Android OS 0.92 MB
  • Firefox 852 kB
  • Element 493 kB
  • Magisk 30.6 kB

Nov 11 - dec 10 2021
  • Frost 623 kB
  • Android OS 554 kB
  • Element 293 kB
  • Firefox 123 kB
  • Magisk 13.72 kB

Dec 11 - Jan 10 2022
  • Firefox 3.29 MB
  • Element 1.52 MB
  • Frost 597 kB
  • Android OS 327 kB
  • K-9 Mail 55.24 kB
  • Magisk 22.08 kB

Why is the data usage happening, and can it be fixed in the OS or will we have to rely on the carrier to keep it off? Magisk is installed for root access to the app from F-Droid called "app manager" which allows us to micro manage various applications' permissions with regards to accessing different modules. (cameras, storage, mic, screen capture, trackers, etc...) While I have some experience with wireshark and capturing packets to troubleshoot strange network behaviour, I have no idea where or how i'd do something like that with WCDMA/GSM/LTE
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    [ protip: 20191010+ builds require 50.2 FW (at least bluetooth, dsp, modem from it) If you're still running 50.1 you can flash this package in TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261716572 unless you're fine with having partially broken audio and broken Egistec fingerprint sensor ;3 ]

However if you want to flash whole firmware package onto both slots, you can follow the guide below:

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
    NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
    Code:
    for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
    unzip boot.zip -d boot
    2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
    4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
    5. Reboot to recovery mode (both Lineage recovery and TWRP will work)
    6. Flash https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261712574
    7. Profit?
    @LuK1337 I just wanted to say thank you for your great work! Your work makes our phones live longer, and that's worth real money (donation is on it's way ;-))! I am really happy with how my phone works now. Usually you are only hearing from us when something is not working, which is probably not super motivating :)
    As it's already tomorrow and a new build is released, I dare to give a hint:

dead // 636865636b20746f6d6f72726f77203a5e29
    In the left (input) view, switch the format from binary to hexadecimal.
    So I tried it and it seems to fix the issue. I had now two nights in which the phone charged properly without reboot, while before I had to reboot every evening to make it charge again.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help debugging!
    Let me know if it still works on April 13th.