• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][8.1] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

mach04

Jul 27, 2018
Anyone having various audio issues? Don't consider these bugs because I'm running xposed and testing out aggressively restricting all kinds of apps with xprivacy; just wondering if anyone else has this so I can eliminate:
1. The media volume doesn't seem to actually increase when it passes a certain point on the slider, presumably the 'recommended level.'
2. Sometimes when restarting audio playback, the volume is super loud for a split second. Has happened in newpipe where I switched from locked to floating video during playback, and when restarting a paused song after some time. But I'm not able to reproduce it consistently.
3. Problems using headset microphone? Mine doesn't register at all, in calls, audio recording, etc. If it's just me then it's some audio recording restriction I placed.

Yes, I'm on the 20180710 build with just magisk and have experienced #2 and #3. I have filed a bug about #3 at https://jira.lineageos.org/browse/BUGBASH-2024 and have also emailed Luk1337 about it. He thinks it's a mixer bug.

Reactions: yazayad

davidhozic

Nov 18, 2017
Hey, is it normal that after installing the rom, fastboot is not detected? I am trying to boot into twrp using fastboot so i could flash google apps

yazayad

Feb 21, 2011
What is the status of the LOS data bug these days? I've noticed that data always on is enabled in this ROM, which does seem to at least keep mobile data from breaking when it's already working.

But often after a reboot mobile data breaks and several reboots are required. Just now I rebooted three times before switching to 3g and rebooting again, after which mobile data worked.

I remember seeing a few pushes claiming to fix this on some other devices, but it was still present on e.g. Moto X Play. Does this affect all devices or what is the situation here?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
What is the status of the LOS data bug these days? I've noticed that data always on is enabled in this ROM, which does seem to at least keep mobile data from breaking when it's already working.

But often after a reboot mobile data breaks and several reboots are required. Just now I rebooted three times before switching to 3g and rebooting again, after which mobile data worked.

I remember seeing a few pushes claiming to fix this on some other devices, but it was still present on e.g. Moto X Play. Does this affect all devices or what is the situation here?

That bug would only happen on stupid 2015 devices (MSM8916, MSM8939, MSM8992, MSM8994).

yazayad

Feb 21, 2011
That bug would only happen on stupid 2015 devices (MSM8916, MSM8939, MSM8992, MSM8994).

Oh I see, thanks for the info. May I ask why the data always on option is enabled by default in the dev settings? On the Moto X Play it was a workaround for losing data when switching to and from wifi.

So it looks like there is some other culprit for my losing data on reboot. I'll look into it. Like I said I'm messing around with xposed so if it's pointless for me to even share this, let me know.. No one else has experienced data loss on reboot when not connected to wifi?

Btw what's the proper etiquette for updating from the built in updater? It wipes cache for you?

Also could anyone point me to a guide for addon.d with these A/B devices? To keep root, xposed, etc when I update the ROM. I lost root when going from the July 10th to the July 24th build and had to reflash the su addon. Thanks.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Oh I see, thanks for the info. May I ask why the data always on option is enabled by default in the dev settings? On the Moto X Play it was a workaround for losing data when switching to and from wifi.

So it looks like there is some other culprit for my losing data on reboot. I'll look into it. Like I said I'm messing around with xposed so if it's pointless for me to even share this, let me know.. No one else has experienced data loss on reboot when not connected to wifi?

Btw what's the proper etiquette for updating from the built in updater? It wipes cache for you?

Also could anyone point me to a guide for addon.d with these A/B devices? To keep root, xposed, etc when I update the ROM. I lost root when going from the July 10th to the July 24th build and had to reflash the su addon. Thanks.

>May I ask why the data always on option is enabled by default in the dev settings?
Google enabled it by default for everyone.

>Btw what's the proper etiquette for updating from the built in updater? It wipes cache for you?
Press install; wait 15 minutes; press reboot.

>Also could anyone point me to a guide for addon.d with these A/B devices? To keep root, xposed, etc when I update the ROM. I lost root when going from the July 10th to the July 24th build and had to reflash the su addon. Thanks.
With proper packages (addon-su; mindthegapps) it should just work. Also eww xposed...

yazayad

Feb 21, 2011
>May I ask why the data always on option is enabled by default in the dev settings?
Google enabled it by default for everyone.

>Btw what's the proper etiquette for updating from the built in updater? It wipes cache for you?
Press install; wait 15 minutes; press reboot.

>Also could anyone point me to a guide for addon.d with these A/B devices? To keep root, xposed, etc when I update the ROM. I lost root when going from the July 10th to the July 24th build and had to reflash the su addon. Thanks.
With proper packages (addon-su; mindthegapps) it should just work. Also eww xposed...

Thanks for the info again. So I saw you had linked to another addon.su some pages back, not the one hosted on lineageos.org. I used the latter, dated 18 July. I don't have any gapps.

As for xposed, would you care to elaborate? I'd be interested to find out why you dislike it and very grateful if you could point me in the direction of some arguments against its use. fwiw I use it for XPrivacyLua and AfWall+ only. What do you think about those modules? I'll search around to find out how to keep xposed after updating.

Hope all this is not too off topic. The ROM is very smooth. May I also ask what you think about sailfish os? Since the XA2 is slated to get it officially in the fall, do you plan on playing around with it?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Thanks for the info again. So I saw you had linked to another addon.su some pages back, not the one hosted on lineageos.org. I used the latter, dated 18 July. I don't have any gapps.

As for xposed, would you care to elaborate? I'd be interested to find out why you dislike it and very grateful if you could point me in the direction of some arguments against its use. fwiw I use it for XPrivacyLua and AfWall+ only. What do you think about those modules? I'll search around to find out how to keep xposed after updating.

Hope all this is not too off topic. The ROM is very smooth. May I also ask what you think about sailfish os? Since the XA2 is slated to get it officially in the fall, do you plan on playing around with it?
>As for xposed, would you care to elaborate?
Do whatever you want, just don't report any bugs.

>Hope all this is not too off topic. The ROM is very smooth. May I also ask what you think about sailfish os? Since the XA2 is slated to get it officially in the fall, do you plan on playing around with it?
I couldn't play with it even if I wanted.

Reactions: Meloferz

SGS3_0

Mar 17, 2014
Megastructure
lineage-15.1-20180724
I confused. Why OpenGaps wanna instal arm(32bit), not arm64? :eek:
logs attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-07-01-07-02-08.png
    Screenshot_1970-07-01-07-02-08.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_1970-07-01-06-10-42.png
    Screenshot_1970-07-01-06-10-42.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Gapps_Logs.rar
    16.9 KB · Views: 0

HeyHoLet'sGo

Jul 29, 2018
Build lineage-15.1-20180724 : Bluetooth crashes constantly

Hi there!

I've just installed lineageos pioneer on a new xperia XA 2 - dual sim (H4113).
After OS has started I get constantly a pop-up that blue tooth is repeatedly stopped.

HeyHoLet'sGo

Jul 29, 2018
Hi there!

I've just installed lineageos pioneer on a new xperia XA 2 - dual sim (H4113).
After OS has started I get constantly a pop-up that blue tooth is repeatedly stopped.

I know that the official release is not yet approved for H4113, but I there are so many issues, so I'm not sure if something with the installation went wrong or this is just the current state.
Just a short summary of the issues:
  • no wlan
  • no blue tooth -> bluetooth is restarted every few seconds
  • no sound, not with the speakers nor with cable headset
  • camera crashes frequently

Are these knows bugs ? Or is this because the build does not fit the H4113 ?

SGS3_0

Mar 17, 2014
Megastructure
lineage-15.1-20180724
clean install
*Still not work 2nd sim (How I can help to solve this problem? Needs logs?I can add to Hangouts and I can read in english well and write with Google translate)
*Don't work headset mic
*Don't work Wifi (log attached)
*One of my game have an error and can not connect to the game server (screenshot+log attached)
*The sound in the headphones is so quiet (I increase the volume to 100% to listen to music and still quiet). 100% of the volume in the LOS 15.1 firmware = Sony firmware is ~ 70-80%. Can you do +30% to volume of standard?

Attachments

• wifi_log.rar
    209.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_Devilian_20180728-150326.png
    Screenshot_Devilian_20180728-150326.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 107
  • GameErr_log.rar
    115.5 KB · Views: 0

SGS3_0

Mar 17, 2014
Megastructure
LuK1337, the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 works in Lineage OS?

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

I know that the official release is not yet approved for H4113, but I there are so many issues, so I'm not sure if something with the installation went wrong or this is just the current state.
Or is this because the build does not fit the H4113 ?
No, in early builds, for example lineageos-15.1-20180710. WLAN and Bluetooth work fine and camera don't crashes... Try it build...

Last edited:

HeyHoLet'sGo

Jul 29, 2018
LuK1337, the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 works in Lineage OS?

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

No, in early builds, for example lineageos-15.1-20180710. WLAN and Bluetooth work fine and camera don't crashes... Try it build...

It's strange. I've installed the build a 2nd time. And although there was an error - unable to mount /firmware - now the system works the previous issue are gone.

Now everything seems to work fine. Could not try calls yet, because I don't have a nano sim card right now.

SGS3_0

Mar 17, 2014
Megastructure
It's strange. I've installed the build a 2nd time. And although there was an error - unable to mount /firmware - now the system works the previous issue are gone.

Now everything seems to work fine. Could not try calls yet, because I don't have a nano sim card right now.
Reinstalled last build (20180724)? What about WiFi and Headset mic?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • IMS
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia XA2

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-06-19
    Last Updated 2019-11-01
    ~ https://review.lineageos.org/218506 ~

Starting from tuesday pioneer is officially supported device. Because official builds are signed with different key you'll have to wipe data before switching to them unless you feel smart enough to follow https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#using-a-script.

Also since this change ~ https://review.lineageos.org/219073 you no longer have to care about firmware on slot 'B' :3
    So here's what I did for now:
    - LA.UM.6.2.r1-10300-sdm660.0 -> merged,
    - Call recording -> merged @ https://review.lineageos.org/222506,
    - Power-off alarms -> doesn't work at all,
    - Headset mic -> fixed @ https://review.lineageos.org/223191,
    - HW keymaster×gatekeeper -> https://review.lineageos.org/223180 and https://review.lineageos.org/223184,
    - ANT+ -> won't work.

I'll let you know when I decide to re-enable builds.
    How to flash latest firmware

[ protip: Currently Lineage builds depend on latest 8.0 firmware (50.1.A.13.123), they will not boot up on 50.2.A.0.* or newer ]

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
    NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
    Code:
    for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
    unzip boot.zip -d boot
    2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
    - kernel_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - kernel_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
    4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
    5. Turn off your phone, hold vol up and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and blue LED lit.
    6. Enter this command: `fastboot getvar current-slot`, it should return something like this:
    current-slot: _b
    Finished. Total time: 0.001s
    7. Now switch to the opposite slot by entering command: `fastboot set_active a` if the current slot is `_b` or `fastboot set_active b` if its `_a`, you should see this:
    Setting current slot to 'a'...
    OKAY [ 0.012s]
    Finished. Total time: 0.014s
    or
    Setting current slot to 'b'...
    OKAY [ 0.012s]
    Finished. Total time: 0.014s
    8. Unplug usb cable and repeat steps: 3, 4
    9. Profit?