• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

infixremix

Jan 12, 2017
But what does the 'crash' have to do with it? That was just an attempt to solve fp sensor listening when it shouldn't be doing it...

BTW that patch didn't even fix what we were hoping for:
So if you type the password more than 3 times with like 10 seconds you cannot unlock device or do anything it unlocks but relocks straight away. However fingerprint scanner will still work. If you reboot you cannot use FP scanner and the bug persists you cannot get into the phone. Other devices have this problem.

Edit: The bug occurred again I removed lockscreen data files and factory reset and it seems its no longer present so unless I get it again its a bug my end and I will get logs.

Last edited:

skkayman

Oct 5, 2012

Is this something that should be working? XA2 returned with new motherboard (replaced in warranty, not sure if they knew that I unlocked the bootloader or not, but it is fixed). So I am thinking to unlock it and try again. But if the sensors won't work, It would be harder to sell unlocked xperia then..
Do I need rooted phone or these commands should works without magisk/root?

NeroBurner

Jun 28, 2019
Is this something that should be working? XA2 returned with new motherboard (replaced in warranty, not sure if they knew that I unlocked the bootloader or not, but it is fixed). So I am thinking to unlock it and try again. But if the sensors won't work, It would be harder to sell unlocked xperia then..
Do I need rooted phone or these commands should works without magisk/root?

I flashed my XA2 (model H3113) with lineage-16.0-20190702-nightly-pioneer-signed.zip using the following guide

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xa2/how-to/guide-flashing-lineageos-16-0-sony-xa2-t3944964

For me the sensors work great (I can rotate my phone without problem)

Edit: before the flash my device was soft bricked after unlocking the bootloader and booting TWRP once. Somehow the pre installed firmware (including Android 9) did not like unlocking+TWRP

Last edited:
Reactions: skkayman

goldenapple3

Jul 5, 2019
Hey everyone, stupid question: can I not install LineageOS if I'm currently running Sony's stock Android 9 (firmware 50.2.A.0.379)? The install guide on the LOS wiki didn't say anything about this.

I tried booting into TWRP and it just gives me a blank screen. Tried the latest version (3.3.1-1), tried some older versions, they all give me the same result. I don't know if this has anything to do with my firmware version or if this is a separate issue.

That aside, is it possible (or even necessary?) to downgrade to older firmware? XperiFirm only lets me download the latest version, which is what I'm using right now.

Am I just stuck with the stock ROM for now? This is my first time messing with Android ROMs, if that's not obvious.

exzombie

Jul 1, 2019
github.com
Hey everyone, stupid question: can I not install LineageOS if I'm currently running Sony's stock Android 9 (firmware 50.2.A.0.379)? The install guide on the LOS wiki didn't say anything about this.

Yeah, the instructions are incomplete. To get there, use Emma (the official Sony flash tool) to flash 8; as you noted, Xperifirm only offers 9. It will only flash it to the A slot on the phone, so find the files it downloaded (named FILE*, pretty big) and follow the procedure in the second post to this thread to flash it to the B slot. After that, installing LineageOS will work.

Reactions: goldenapple3

irgendwer2

Jan 10, 2015

I tried booting into TWRP and it just gives me a blank screen. Tried the latest version (3.3.1-1), tried some older versions, they all give me the same result. I don't know if this has anything to do with my firmware version or if this is a separate issue.

That aside, is it possible (or even necessary?) to downgrade to older firmware? XperiFirm only lets me download the latest version, which is what I'm using right now.

Am I just stuck with the stock ROM for now? This is my first time messing with Android ROMs, if that's not obvious.
Just check the other markets with XperiFirm. There are still some with firmware 50.1.A.13.123. I downloaded the customized Central Europe 5 version the other day and flashed a German XA2 with it via newflasher. Then flashed LineageOS. No problems.

Or use Emma but it only offered me the UK version so it's not much different I guess. Just more work.

Reactions: goldenapple3

silverbluep

Dec 13, 2017
This is the first issue I have with this device and this rom. However;

The device battery went from 15% to 1%, and it would not charge. I tried restarting, but LineageOS animation is played, then the phone shuts down. All while plugged it, but there is no charging light so I assume there is no charging happening.

However, the usb cable's end and the lower part of the phone are pretty hot. It is at least warming up.

Short version; won't charge and won't boot.

EDIT: Charging cable got WAY too hot. I put the phone in the fridge for now.

EDIT: FML, i used another cable and it is fine now.

Last edited:

axxx007xxxz

Jul 1, 2014
World
Any of you use VPN? What's your recommendation?
This isn't really the place to ask about VPN reccomandations. Anyway, stay away from all the free ones (there's a reason why they are free) and use something known for its privacy (e.g. Mullvad) with servers located in a country where they aren't obligated to keep logs.

Reactions: malerocks

wesher

Jul 7, 2019
Boot loop after OTA update

Hi LuK1337,
I followed your post #2 some weeks ago and everything worked perfectly well - big thank you for that! Also some OTA updates I performed after that worked without problems. But when I tried to OTA update today I ended up in a boot loop (Recovery: Can't load Android system. Your data may continue to get this message etc...) and the "Try again" option did not help. Any suggestions how to get back into a working OS without erasing user data?

Reactions: kocker

hoxirm

Mar 31, 2018
Hi LuK1337,
I followed your post #2 some weeks ago and everything worked perfectly well - big thank you for that! Also some OTA updates I performed after that worked without problems. But when I tried to OTA update today I ended up in a boot loop (Recovery: Can't load Android system. Your data may continue to get this message etc...) and the "Try again" option did not help. Any suggestions how to get back into a working OS without erasing user data?

Same here.
All data gone.

I started hole process again but not even sure how to make back up at this point. After re-installation system goes straight to lineage recover not TWRP, when I flash it ending up with boot loop...

Last edited:

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Hi LuK1337,
What happens if you wipe only system and flash LineageOS again? App and user data is not held there.

Reactions: wesher

Malizor

Aug 21, 2018
I had the same boot loop problem after upgrading to the 20190724 image. I did not have much time to investigate, so I just switched the active slot via TWRP so that I'm back on the 20190722 image, which works.
I will re-attempt the upgrade when today's image is built and try to investigate a bit more if the boot loop occurs again.

All in all, this looks like a regression in the 20190724 image.

Reactions: kocker

Malizor

Aug 21, 2018
I had the same boot loop problem after upgrading to the 20190724 image. I did not have much time to investigate, so I just switched the active slot via TWRP so that I'm back on the 20190722 image, which works.
I will re-attempt the upgrade when today's image is built and try to investigate a bit more if the boot loop occurs again.

All in all, this looks like a regression in the 20190724 image.

I retried the upgrade with the 20190726 image, and this time no more boot loop.
So, to all who have the boot loop problem, maybe just try to upgrade/flash to 20190726?

Reactions: wesher and kocker

hoxirm

Mar 31, 2018
Just to double check the whole process.

1. Fastboot boot twrp
2. Flash lineage
3. Fastboot boot twrp
4. Flash twrp
5. Reboot to twrp
6. Flash gapps

So far I haven't flashed twrp after rom. Looks like I have only default lineage recovery but no twrp so I can't take any back ups :/

kocker

Jul 27, 2019
Hi LuK1337,

Same here.

I used the built-in updater and after reboot to finalize the installation the boot process was broken: I got the lineage boot animation and after a while and an automatic reboot I was promted the "Can't load Android system." message.
Flashing the lineage-16.0-20190724-nightly-pioneer-signed.zip image then using adb sideload did not fix it. Still got the same message.

So today, after reading that others have the same problem I could get it fixed with flashing the lineage-16.0-20190726-nightly-pioneer-signed.zip image using adb sideload. No wipe was necessary, and everything works again after system was able to boot up.

So thank you all for posting about your issues and thanks to the devs for providing a working image again :) :good:

Reactions: wesher

wesher

Jul 7, 2019
Thank you guys, Lineage is up and running again. No loss of data.
I booted the Lineage Recovery Mode, chose "Apply update" and used ADB sideload to update the nightly of July 27. After a reboot Lineage booted properly.

ishbutz

Nov 24, 2007
Hi,
I had the bootloop issue a few days ago, I did a useless swipe data in recovery then I swaped the boot slot and I was able to boot, everything was working but when I applied the 07/28 update with the lineage updater, the os boots just fine but the fingerprint reader does not work anymore and all its settings are gone.
I dont know if this is due to the update but do you know if there is a way to fix this?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Hi,
I had the bootloop issue a few days ago, I did a useless swipe data in recovery then I swaped the boot slot and I was able to boot, everything was working but when I applied the 07/28 update with the lineage updater, the os boots just fine but the fingerprint reader does not work anymore and all its settings are gone.
I dont know if this is due to the update but do you know if there is a way to fix this?
Thanks

Nevermind, I've redefined the security settings and the finger print reader is working again...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][pioneer][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Sony Xperia XA2

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-08-30
    Last Updated 2020-02-28
    How to flash latest firmware

[ protip: 20191010+ builds require 50.2 FW (at least bluetooth, dsp, modem from it) If you're still running 50.1 you can flash this package in TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261716572 unless you're fine with having partially broken audio and broken Egistec fingerprint sensor ;3 ]

However if you want to flash whole firmware package onto both slots, you can follow the guide below:

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
    NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
    Code:
    for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
    unzip boot.zip -d boot
    2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
    4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
    5. Turn off your phone, hold vol up and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and blue LED lit.
    6. Enter this command: `fastboot getvar current-slot`, it should return something like this:
    current-slot: _b
    Finished. Total time: 0.001s
    7. Now switch to the opposite slot by entering command: `fastboot set_active a` if the current slot is `_b` or `fastboot set_active b` if its `_a`, you should see this:
    Setting current slot to 'a'...
    OKAY [ 0.012s]
    Finished. Total time: 0.014s
    or
    Setting current slot to 'b'...
    OKAY [ 0.012s]
    Finished. Total time: 0.014s
    8. Unplug usb cable and repeat steps: 3, 4
    9. Profit?
    @Marteng69 here is what i did -> i was stucked on pie + flickering screen (model h3113):

1. i used emma (https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/flash-tool), just install and run it, boot your phone in flash mode (vol down + usb connect = green light). then the app will recognize your phone (assuming you have drivers installed) and give you phone info. on the right side download and flash offered firmware (at the moment there is the uk oreo one, download it and you'll have it in case it's replaced with pie). flash the complete firmware (the "Software Update Content Erase" image) and reboot after flashing completed

2. boot the phone, let it boot up for a few minutes then turn it off with holding power + vol up for a few secs (let it vibrate 3 times to make sure it's off)

3. then boot it in fastboot mode (vol up + usb connect = blue light) and then via cmd run "fastboot boot 1d66175c6ce8e04865d041cbcac8ba3013a02b1e.img" (please check your exact .img name)

4. that's it, the phone should boot (normal looking) twrp and then reboot your phone and... say thanks to @LuK1337 ;)
    Hello Luk,

are you going to develop LineageOS 17 for this Device?

Until 50.2.* kernel source is out I'm not planning to do anything.

btw see https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Kernel/50-2-A-0-400-kernel-source/td-p/1390917 ^^
    Yes, 2.4 works fine. I'm 100% sure that 5GHz used to work tho, but nevermind. At least now I have hotspot working lol

...yeah I booted some old ass kernel HEAD and it works there. Looks like i'm going to have fun time finding the change that broke it...

EDIT: Should be working again in next builds ^.^