[ROM][OFFICIAL] Pixel Extended ROM Android 12.1 [Lavender][03.05.2022]

Search This thread

likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for Redmi Note 7 [lavender]

What is this?
PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), aims to combine Pixel goodies with some essential features missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promises you stabilty and a large amount of features at the same time. The ROM will keep it's Pixel ideologies it's primary focus and wont stray into the dark and deep void that is bloat.

Our mission is to offer maximum possible stability and security along with essential and useful features for proper functioning of a device.

Based on Android 12 (S)

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FMRadio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
Lights
Sound/Vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

Features That are Available At the Moment
Volte icon

As only Essesntial Features will be added so this list will updated whenever there is a new feature

NOTE :- All possible features are toggleable so you always can choose to be stockish.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate
Liked my work? Gift me a beer

Stay tuned
Device Support Group

[*]Screenshots: https://t.me/lavbuildunoff/232

Last edited:

mimminou

Jan 10, 2014
constantine
I have been testing it for the past 2 weeks, mainly on performance. Overral great ROM, it's very fluid, animations are snappy and responsiveness is on point, i can't judge battery life since i burned already 1/4 of total capacity on my phone.
One suggestion however would be to change the default screenshot behavior to the classic one rather than the partial one ( seriously this confused me so much until i figured out how to change it from the Pixel den ).
Another one would be to add double tap to wake feature ( i'm not sure that it's available, if it is i couldn't find it ).
Great job overall, most stable Pixel ROM so far.

EDIT : Double tap to wake is present on Display settings, i just didn't see it at first. Perfect ROM indeed.

Last edited:

lazysounds

Apr 29, 2015
Thank you, first impression is great. Rom is very smooth and gives a second Life to the old note 7. At the moment I'm facing only one problem: unfortunately camera is not working. When I am running camera app after first configuration and giving permissions, it shows a message "cannot connect to camera". Cleaning app data is not helping. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thank you in advance

Rom was installed with use of up-to-date orangefox recovery, migrated from pixel experience ROM based on A11 (after full wipe). Magisk v23 installed.

EDIT: FULL WIPE and reflash solved this issue. Maybe it was something connected with migration ? Anyway, great job! ROM works perfect :)

Last edited:

fourthletter

Jun 27, 2009
Edinburgh
Can't give any app permissions to the SD card. When I point it at the root of the SD it says. To protect your privacy choose another folder. Won't let me select the root of the SD card.

pe81ge

Dec 3, 2012
Hi

I tried the rom. Good work overall but Chrome is freezing and crashing after 1-2 minutes of use. I reflashed clean twice but no luck. Same problem with Chrome.

Did anyone else faces that problem?

Thanks

osgu_

Nov 7, 2021
Hi

I tried the rom. Good work overall but Chrome is freezing and crashing after 1-2 minutes of use. I reflashed clean twice but no luck. Same problem with Chrome.

Did anyone else faces that problem?

Thanks
i'm having the same problem, i've tried other browsers but it also freezes.
Does anyone know how to fix?
I'm having difficulties using netflix, I tried using magisk to fix the problem and it didn't work either, would anyone have any solution?

Reactions: pe81ge

vuvkar

Apr 21, 2013
Ok. First if all thanks for the ROM. Overall the main features work normally. The biggest bug that I encountered is chrome issue which everyone is pointing, installing opera or Firefox fixes the issue. The other things that are crucial for me is
1) sound quality
The phone has buzzing noise and I can feel the same through headphones
2) battery life
I think we have little battery drain.

Also, can't go back to Android 11 ROM after flashing this one. Have orangefox recovery. Did system, vendor, data wipe, flashed lineage OS ( also tried pixel experience 11), then tried booting. The phone doesn't pass after Redmi screen on boot. Any ideas?

pe81ge

Dec 3, 2012
Ok. First if all thanks for the ROM. Overall the main features work normally. The biggest bug that I encountered is chrome issue which everyone is pointing, installing opera or Firefox fixes the issue. The other things that are crucial for me is
1) sound quality
The phone has buzzing noise and I can feel the same through headphones
2) battery life
I think we have little battery drain.

Also, can't go back to Android 11 ROM after flashing this one. Have orangefox recovery. Did system, vendor, data wipe, flashed lineage OS ( also tried pixel experience 11), then tried booting. The phone doesn't pass after Redmi screen on boot. Any ideas?

Formatting data after flashing, usually solves that problem.

Reactions: vuvkar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for Redmi Note 7 [lavender]

What is this?
    PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), aims to combine Pixel goodies with some essential features missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promises you stabilty and a large amount of features at the same time. The ROM will keep it's Pixel ideologies it's primary focus and wont stray into the dark and deep void that is bloat.

Our mission is to offer maximum possible stability and security along with essential and useful features for proper functioning of a device.

Based on Android 12 (S)

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    Lights
    Sound/Vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Features That are Available At the Moment
    Volte icon

As only Essesntial Features will be added so this list will updated whenever there is a new feature

NOTE :- All possible features are toggleable so you always can choose to be stockish.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate
    Liked my work? Gift me a beer

Stay tuned
    Device Support Group

[*]Screenshots: https://t.me/lavbuildunoff/232
    Hi, i too have battery drain. It's a Google service but I have not the root so I don't know what is

Edit: there is a bug in the kernel or the Bluetooth module. If I turn on the Bluetooth the phone will never go in deep sleep. The only way is restart the phone and keep off the bt.
    HOLY SMOKES, I KISS YOUR EYES MY FRIEND.
    For weeks there has bin no deep sleep, causing battery drain on my devices.
    I am on pixel experience and was looking for another rom.
    Was thinking to go with this rom, but then i noticed that here battery drain was also an issue.
    Then i saw your post and immediately tired your aproach and it worked!!!!
    With no bluetooh on, my device finally goes into deep sleep.
    Gonna post this info at pixel experience thread with credits to you.
    Tahnk you.
    hi all, just 2 quick questions on this rom
    1) how to switch position of back button on the nav bar?
    2) how to root this rom? I've been away from modding for 2 years and I cannot find anymore clear infos on how to root with magisk
    3) I am using it since yesterday and I also have noticed a strange battery drain, any suggesions or fix for this problem?

thank you
    Hi, i too have battery drain. It's a Google service but I have not the root so I don't know what is

Edit: there is a bug in the kernel or the Bluetooth module. If I turn on the Bluetooth the phone will never go in deep sleep. The only way is restart the phone and keep off the bt.
    How can I separate call and notification volumes? I might be missing some option on the setting. Or is it not available on this ROM?

By the way this is the fastest and most stable ROM I used so far on lavender. Thank you all the effort, for everyone involved.