• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][OFFICIAL] Pixel Extended ROM V4.0 Android 12 [alioth/aliothin][01.11.21]

Search This thread

ParallaxY

Jul 5, 2017
After successful install. I can't find Netflix on play store. I tried to download the apk from the official Netflix website, but it said this device is not supported. Do you guys have this problem as well ?

reborn2020

Oct 27, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
How to Flash PEX 4.0
Flash boot and vendor_boot method download from here : https://sourceforge.net/projects/pex-alioth/files/1-11-21/
Commands: 1)flasboot flash boot boot.img
2) fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
3)fastboot reboot recovery
4) Format data
5) choose update from adb
6) adb sideload filname.zip
7)reboot
8)Enjoy
When I've tried to run the first command, it shown "waiting for device", but I've checked using "adb devices" and my device was listed.

reborn2020

Oct 27, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
Here is my phone status.
kUjdWdB.png

SplinterSeed

Dec 27, 2014
Did anyone root and pass Safetynet? I tried everything! I'm using Canary 23015. Using Zygisk, Universal Safetynet Fix and even Enforce DenyList with all Google Play Services.

ParallaxY

Jul 5, 2017
Has anyone use this Rom with the lawnchair + quickswitch ?. I really like the Rom, but i want to try the lawnchair since the default launcher (pixel launcher) doesn't support custom icons.

reborn2020

Oct 27, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
Now I was successful install this rom, I wanna know if this rom has "App Lock" feature like MIUI?
That's you can choose to lock any app with a password or your fingerprint.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THREAD LOCKED

@rounak1619 Please check your PM.

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator

EDIT (Jan 7, 2022): Update from thread owner:
    rounak1619 said:
    I haven't pushed any OTA's and I was busy in my exams Some user contacted me on Telegram and told me about the situation . I'm trying to check what is the issue causing this and this is ofc not intentional . And Don't open thread yet until I figure out whats cause of the issue . Just put my words to users . thanks

EDIT (Jan 15, 2022): Update from thread owner:
    rounak1619 said:
    I have fixed all issues and uploaded new build you can reopen thread

Thread unlocked.
    This is totally unacceptable @rounak1619 ! You have logged in few days ago and haven't responded to any of the issues that these users are giving to you. Hard bricking to EDL is by far the worst thing. I don't know what you did with the sources, but the least you could do is remove the links and close the thread.

For all the users out there, please check the sources before downloading a ROM. Make sure they are trustworthy for your device.
    Just wondering, can you tell me the exact same steps to reproduce the error ?
    And what do you mean by "update" ?
    Sometimes the window pop up, that your pixel has been updated, and it gives you option to restart. If you click on it, you´re done. Also notifications were showing, but it didn´t do anything when I clicked on it. I think the update doesn´t exist, maybe the phone thinks it´s Pixel 5
    my device got bricked and I had to pay $25 to flash on edl mode. I love this ROM though. I'm thinking of reinstalling it but not to mess with update notifications.
    I had the update notification about 5 times, I remember I just clicked cancel or ignore may be twice. I didn't accept the update notification because I always wait to see the feedback before installing it. only with a simple restart, my phone bricked. don't install it
    My phone also hard bricked with a simple restart, I never even clicked the update notification. The MOD EDIT: Content Removed guy on telegram fixed it, so props to him and his solid service.

I can never recommend this ROM due to this experience, honestly bugs like this are why custom ROMs have such negative connotations in more mainstream parts of the internet. If this hard brick glitch had happened while I was travelling or when I was in an emergency.... In any case I've reflashed Xiaomi.eu ROM and if I want a pixel experience I'll just buy myself a pixel lol. I'm not risking this again.

likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for Poco F3/Mi11X [alioth]

What is this?
    PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), aims to combine Pixel goodies with some essential features missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promises you stabilty and a large amount of features at the same time. The ROM will keep it's Pixel ideologies it's primary focus and wont stray into the dark and deep void that is bloat.

Our mission is to offer maximum possible stability and security along with essential and useful features for proper functioning of a device.

Based on Android 12 (S)

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/Vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

Features That are Available At the Moment
    Volte icon
    Show 4G instead of lte
    And more

As only Essesntial Features will be added so this list will updated whenever there is a new feature
    NOTE:THIS IS INITIAL RELEASE LESS CUSTOMISATIONS ARE AVAILABLE RN
    NOTE :- All possible features are toggleable so you always can choose to be stockish.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate
    Liked my work? Gift me a beer

Liked my work? Gift Aryan a beer

Stay tuned
    Device Support Group

How to Flash PEX 4.0
    Twrp method :
    • Boot to Vasi TWRP
    • Flash Rom with TWRP inject
    • Flash Firmware (minimum requirement 12.5.3) without TWRP inject if coming from MIUI 12.5.5 or older, else skip this step
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Reboot to system

Flash boot and vendor_boot method
    Commands: 1)flasboot flash boot boot.img
    2) fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    3)fastboot reboot recovery
    4) Format data
    5) choose update from adb
    6) adb sideload filname.zip
    7)reboot
    8)Enjoy
    THREAD LOCKED

@rounak1619 Please check your PM.

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator

EDIT (Jan 7, 2022): Update from thread owner:
    rounak1619 said:
    I haven't pushed any OTA's and I was busy in my exams Some user contacted me on Telegram and told me about the situation . I'm trying to check what is the issue causing this and this is ofc not intentional . And Don't open thread yet until I figure out whats cause of the issue . Just put my words to users . thanks

EDIT (Jan 15, 2022): Update from thread owner:
    rounak1619 said:
    I have fixed all issues and uploaded new build you can reopen thread

Thread unlocked.
    This is totally unacceptable @rounak1619 ! You have logged in few days ago and haven't responded to any of the issues that these users are giving to you. Hard bricking to EDL is by far the worst thing. I don't know what you did with the sources, but the least you could do is remove the links and close the thread.

For all the users out there, please check the sources before downloading a ROM. Make sure they are trustworthy for your device.
    I have been using this ROM for 2 weeks and this is my feedback:

BUGS:

• Battery drain when the phone is locked is the biggest issue for me, I woke up losing 40% of battery. So something isn´t right.
    • POCO F3 has power button lower than pixel, so the lock and ulock animation is wrong
    • I am missing an option to unlock the phone with fingerprint, only when I press the button. The fingerprint sensor is too fast and when I´m putting my phone into the pocket I end up unlocking the phone. And we already know that this phone has absolutely ****tiest proximity sensor. I just can´t use my phone like that, I had to remove the fingerprint from my phone, which is also annoying because some of my apps use fingerprint sensor.
    • It is almost impossible to unlock the phone with PIN/gesture when I have many notification, I just can´t swipe up
    • Difficult to turn on/off mobile data from notification slider
    • When I change wallpaper, some widgets and apps don´t change the color right away. Some widgets don´t change at all
    Overall feeling
    • The phone is smoother than on any MIUI ROM ever. The animations don´t lag, everything is 120Hz and so smooth. I don´t want to use MIUI in near future. I just hope that those bugs will be removed. The biggest issue is the battery drain and fingerprint unlock feature. Personally I would wait for battery drain fix, before installing this ROM.
    Questions
    • How can I overcome my unlocking issue? I just have to use gesture like I have cheap android phone from 2014. Possibly face unlock? I am missing face unlock on google smart lock ( I don´t care about that 2D scan is not safe)
    • How do I update to the latest ROM when it comes out?