Development [ROM][OFFICIAL] Pixel Extended ROM V4.4 Android 12 [Sweet][02.05.22]

Search This thread

nasseef

Dec 27, 2021
When I turn on "Always show time and info" in lock screen settings the always on display keeps flashing (repeatedly turning off and on)

Reactions: zaidkhan0997

nasseef

Dec 27, 2021
Found one bug:
In some parts of the UI in certain applications, and in some images, the picture/or UI becomes abnormally tiny, to an extent where you cannot see anything. So far I've found these two examples.

• When I click on any image in Reddit (not just the post, the image) (1st screenshot). This also didn't happen in other ROMs or devices. This does not happen in browser mode either. Saw someone reporting this for PixelPlusUI A12 as well, any problem with Pixel Experience? Workaround (not fix) for this issue described here
  • Update: This also happens with the imgur app
  • When I use the Pick to Wake app, the settings UI gets too small (Screenshot given, 2nd screenshot). This did not happen with previous ROMs while using the same app version. I suspect this might take place for any other app using an older UI instead of the modern UI
I did not change any "spacing" options in settings.
Is this fixable from settings or some bug? Kindly fix this if its a bug
Issue fixed in v4.1
Thanks a lot devs

nasseef

Dec 27, 2021
"Show media art" is not working on v4.1
It used to work on v4.0
I have it enabled in the snowhouse settings with max blur set, and it doesn't work even after turning it off and on.
Example:
In v4.1:
Screenshot_20220130-174316_Pixel Launcher.png
The background is the wallpaper background, not the media art.

Whereas the same song in same app (spotify) in v4.0:
Screenshot_20220113-090148_Pixel Launcher.png
The theme colour mode was the same (basic colours).
I tried with other apps like SoundCloud, still doesn't work, so spotify is not the problem. Restarting doesn't fix the issue either.

Apparently media art doesn't work from v4.1.
Kindly look into this

"Show media art" is not working on v4.1
It used to work on v4.0
I have it enabled in the snowhouse settings with max blur set, and it doesn't work even after turning it off and on.
Example:
In v4.1:
View attachment 5523373
The background is the wallpaper background, not the media art.

Whereas the same song in same app (spotify) in v4.0:
View attachment 5523377
The theme colour mode was the same (basic colours).
I tried with other apps like SoundCloud, still doesn't work, so spotify is not the problem. Restarting doesn't fix the issue either.

Apparently media art doesn't work from v4.1.
Kindly look into this
Thanks for reporting mate will fix in 4.2

Reactions: romuser87

arunsebstn

Mar 27, 2013
Kochi
Found a bug.
In apps that requires tap back two times to exit (Like Mixplorer) doesn't really exit, but just get swiped to next tab. Dialogue box for press back again exit shows and on second swiping we go to home screen. But later when we reopen the app, it opens to next tab of last position. Doesn't ask for any password even if we set it. Observed in multiple apps.

In another app, on swiping it gives the option to press exit, yet even after pressing that exit, app just minimize and allow us to go home only. No asking for any password.

But when we swipe up and hold to show recent and clear the app from recent, it exits for real and asks for password on next opening.

I've enabled gestures.

koazait

May 11, 2019
Hi all,

with v 4.0 Google Play Services is draining my battery very fast.
Is v. 4.1 solving this issue?

Also, Is there a way to dirty flash 4.1 over 4.0? I can't afford a clean new install as I have many specally configured apps that needed a lot of work.

Cheers

Hi all,

with v 4.0 Google Play Services is draining my battery very fast.
Is v. 4.1 solving this issue?

Also, Is there a way to dirty flash 4.1 over 4.0? I can't afford a clean new install as I have many specally configured apps that needed a lot of work.

Cheers
Yos issue solved , yes u can dirty flash

Reactions: koazait

koazait

May 11, 2019
I tried to make a backup with TWRP but the data partition can not be read. Trying to decrypt failed. How can I backup the data partition of this ROM?
Twrp says "unable to mount data" and when I select "decrypt data" I get "invalid argument"
I'm using twrp-3.6.0_11-0-sweet.
Cheers

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After v4.3 update, Settings > System > Gestures doesn't have Quick Tap option. It was there before and worked properly. Now it doesn't work.

Now I installed Tap, Tap app and when I open it, it says disable Quick Tap. There's no menu for me to disable it. Please fix it or show me a way to disable it through Terminal or something.

Thanks.
    After v4.3 update, Settings > System > Gestures doesn't have Quick Tap option. It was there before and worked properly. Now it doesn't work.

Now I installed Tap, Tap app and when I open it, it says disable Quick Tap. There's no menu for me to disable it. Please fix it or show me a way to disable it through Terminal or something.

Thanks.
    Found it!

For anyone having the same problem:
    Run

Code:
    adb shell settings put secure columbus_enabled 0

Or the same without adb shell in a root terminal. Looks like your ROM is enabling that setting by default for some reason. You shouldn't need to reboot after, but probably best to just in case.
    Is there any adb command to enable search in settings? It got removed from 4.3 for some reason. The gesture in which you can change the brightness simply by tapping at the top of your phone is removed too.
    Also there are a lot of crashes in this version even while using normal social media apps. The System UI also crashes at least once (even 2-3 times) a day.
    The animations are smoother individually, but the whole performance is overall much more laggy and its literally like using MIUI right now. I clean flashed this version btw and I regret upgrading to 4.3, should've stayed in 4.2.
    The only 2 things I appreciate are that the haptic feedback has gotten better and the brightness UI on QS menu looks more nice.
    I understand that the devs work very hard but I really think they should've just released a security upgrade this month and refined the newer A12 more before releasing it. I've been using this custom rom since 4.0 and its probably the worst upgrade.

Also I don't understand why people are making the custom rom devs release (or they themselves are working on) Android 12L roms like isn't it a tablet OS? It's not a normal upgrade
    This 4.4 update is very good..i haven't found any bug till now.. kuddos to the developers
    @zaidkhan0997 Please replace camera app with anx.

pqhas4J.png

PixelExtended for Redmi Note 10 Pro / Pro Max [sweet/sweetin]

What is this?
    PixelExtended is an Open Source Custom ROM based on PixelExperience, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features missing in Pixel Experience, The ROM will keep it's Pixel ideologies it's primary focus and wont stray into the dark and deep void that is bloat.

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Features That are Available At the Moment
    Click Here To See Features List

As only Essesntial Features will be added so this list will updated whenever there is a new feature

NOTE :- All possible features are toggleable so you always can choose to be stockish.[/SIZE]

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from SourceForge

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram Group
    Our Telegram Channel

"but this is our very first Android 12 Public Stable Build starting with version number 4.0 with all Pixel Excluives Features and Gapps"(from GitHub), I want to ask is there any chance that background music recognition, magic eraser, etc included in this rom? Thank you
    Magic eraser will be there because i use raven fp
    Nice one...im searching for a good custom rom again. This could be the one. Im currently on latest MIUI, unlocked. How to install this? TWRP? Pixel Recovery? What firmware(sweetin) do I need on my phone as a base?
    read flashing guide
    how to update rom? I have November version (Android 12) :)
    Clean flash
    Wipe dalvik , chache , data , metadata
    Flash rom
    Flash magisk ( optional )
    Format data ( required for clean flash )
    Reboot to system
    Does the latest build pass SafetyNet without root?
    yes