Development [ROM][OFFICIAL] Pixel Extended ROM V4.5 Android 12 [Sweet][19.05.22]

Search This thread

kaymk11

May 16, 2015
I've installed this Rom yesterday, although it's good in almost all areas

I found a few issues

1- fingerprint reader works everywhere except for unlocking device

2- refresh rate is set to 120 and I don't see any option to control this

3- wifi calling not working

And a few more that I am forgetting, but these are the main one's.

Any tips on these?

Edit: was able to fix the refresh rate issue, after flashing miui firmware, but still no fix for others

Edit 2: new bug, maybe but when I try to play games it says controller connected even though I haven't connected anything and it's impossible to play some games as they just wait for the non existent controller input.
And game dashboard shortcut appears even though I disabled it in settings

Last edited:
Reactions: zaidkhan0997

Kent-24

Oct 2, 2016
Hello, and thanks for your hard work. i've tried this rom for the past 20 hours or so (version 4.2 of course). Overall it is promising. Here is what i appreciated :
1-Latest security updates
2-Face unlock
3-Unlimited google photos storage
4-... And of course the tweaks menu.

But screen flickering when dim was so ennoying, unfortunately.

In addition, there are minor things :
1- Translation is missing here and there. I believe xda members can help with this concern.
2- camera app is overly simplistic, ANX camera would be better if possible.. pr GCAM
3- After the first boot you get some application stopped responding message.
4-launcher search bar stayed black after disabling dark mode.
hello, i also encounter the screen flickering issue, may I know if u find any solution for that?

fays91

Jan 4, 2012
Paris
Thanks update 4.3
why evolution X while version and pixel extented 4.3
Screenshot_20220410-171120_Mises à jour système.png

HamedShahr

Aug 8, 2020
After v4.3 update, Settings > System > Gestures doesn't have Quick Tap option. It was there before and worked properly. Now it doesn't work.

Now I installed Tap, Tap app and when I open it, it says disable Quick Tap. There's no menu for me to disable it. Please fix it or show me a way to disable it through Terminal or something.

Thanks.

HamedShahr

Aug 8, 2020
After v4.3 update, Settings > System > Gestures doesn't have Quick Tap option. It was there before and worked properly. Now it doesn't work.

Now I installed Tap, Tap app and when I open it, it says disable Quick Tap. There's no menu for me to disable it. Please fix it or show me a way to disable it through Terminal or something.

Thanks.
Found it!

For anyone having the same problem:
Run

Code:
adb shell settings put secure columbus_enabled 0

Or the same without adb shell in a root terminal. Looks like your ROM is enabling that setting by default for some reason. You shouldn't need to reboot after, but probably best to just in case.

nasseef

Dec 27, 2021
Is there any adb command to enable search in settings? It got removed from 4.3 for some reason. The gesture in which you can change the brightness simply by tapping at the top of your phone is removed too.
Also there are a lot of crashes in this version even while using normal social media apps. The System UI also crashes at least once (even 2-3 times) a day.
The animations are smoother individually, but the whole performance is overall much more laggy and its literally like using MIUI right now. I clean flashed this version btw and I regret upgrading to 4.3, should've stayed in 4.2.
The only 2 things I appreciate are that the haptic feedback has gotten better and the brightness UI on QS menu looks more nice.
I understand that the devs work very hard but I really think they should've just released a security upgrade this month and refined the newer A12 more before releasing it. I've been using this custom rom since 4.0 and its probably the worst upgrade.

Also I don't understand why people are making the custom rom devs release (or they themselves are working on) Android 12L roms like isn't it a tablet OS? It's not a normal upgrade

Wociej

Dec 10, 2016
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I switched from pixel experience, and there was option to control volume of different apps. Like i could watch something on YouTube and have game audio on like 10%. Is there any setting that I'm missing?

Top Liked Posts