[ROM][OFFICIAL][Q] LineageOS 17.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro [whyred]

burzaa4

Oct 9, 2019
The texts are coming but the signal about them appears after 10-25 minutes. Do you have that too? Is there any system with real-time calls and texts, not after 25 minutes?

Shampinger

Jun 24, 2018
few questions here.

are you using custom kernel ?

did you restrict an app's mobile data ?

did you turn on and off mobile data ?

would you mind telling what steps exactly did you take to do try to reproduce the issue?

thanks for reply
I'm not using a custom kernel.
What I did was toggle all Mobile data & Wi-Fi settings for a couple of apps on and off multiple times. Everything seems to work exactly as it should.

sak96

Dec 28, 2016
I'm not using a custom kernel.
What I did was toggle all Mobile data & Wi-Fi settings for a couple of apps on and off multiple times. Everything seems to work exactly as it should.
Sorry to trouble u again.

you turned off mobile data for an app (app settings>app >mobile data and wifi> turn OFF mobile data).

Then did you turn off and on the mobile data
(Network and internet >mobile network > mobile data (switch off and then on)).

This cause a reboot in my case, some time requires me to do the second step twice. The `adb logcat` shows similar log to that of the issue I linked. I am really confused why this is occurring only to me.

Shampinger

Jun 24, 2018
Sorry to trouble u again.

you turned off mobile data for an app (app settings>app >mobile data and wifi> turn OFF mobile data).

Then did you turn off and on the mobile data
(Network and internet >mobile network > mobile data (switch off and then on)).

This cause a reboot in my case, some time requires me to do the second step twice. The `adb logcat` shows similar log to that of the issue I linked. I am really confused why this is occurring only to me.
To be clear, there is no option named "turn off mobile data". There is however an option called "Allow network access", another one called "Cellular data" and another one called "Background data" among others. I've toggled all of these options off and on multiple times and also tried different combinations (e.g. "Allow network access" on with "Cellular data" on and "Background data" off, etc.).

I didn't get any reboots. You might wanna update your firmware as this might be caused by your phone's modem. I'm running the latest firmware from this thread/post.

sak96

Dec 28, 2016
Thanks.

Below are two screens which I was taking about. Appdata.jpg is the place where u restrict the apps data.

Once this is done you turn off and on your cellular data as shown in "mobile data.jpg".

The thread post you mentioned requires you to flash miui to upgrade modem is that correct?

Attachments

djrova

Feb 28, 2013
hello, anyone have problems with Android Auto? Next week I change the car radio and I wanted to know if I have to do something beforehand

burzaa4

Oct 9, 2019
Why is magisk unable to uninstall the system app? Supposedly there is root but it doesn't really work, eg you can't edit xml file in shared_prefs folder because backspace doesn't work. I have to edit xml files on my computer and transfer them to / data / data ... Do I miss any module in the magisk?

Shampinger

Jun 24, 2018
Thanks.

Below are two screens which I was taking about. Appdata.jpg is the place where u restrict the apps data.

Once this is done you turn off and on your cellular data as shown in "mobile data.jpg".

The thread post you mentioned requires you to flash miui to upgrade modem is that correct?
This is interesting. For me the option is called Cellular data, not mobile data. Should be the same thing but the fact that it's named differently might have something to do with it. Screenshot_20210113-231032_Settings.png

sak96

Dec 28, 2016
This is interesting. For me the option is called Cellular data, not mobile data. Should be the same thing but the fact that it's named differently might have something to do with it. View attachment 5186399
Yeah this is fine.
Did you then turn on cellular or mobile data ? That is when I face the reboot.

Note: I also detected Wi-Fi should be off for already 1 minute prior, only then this issue occurs.

Shampinger

Jun 24, 2018
Yeah this is fine.
Did you then turn on cellular or mobile data ? That is when I face the reboot.

Note: I also detected Wi-Fi should be off for already 1 minute prior, only then this issue occurs.
Okay so if I disable Wi-Fi data beforehand and then toggle Cellular data off and on the settings app crashes but the phone doesn't reboot. Also, when going back into the settings the toggle that triggered the crash (Cellular data off --> on) has been applied.

sak96

Dec 28, 2016
Okay so if I disable Wi-Fi data beforehand and then toggle Cellular data off and on the settings app crashes but the phone doesn't reboot. Also, when going back into the settings the toggle that triggered the crash (Cellular data off --> on) has been applied.
I think for now I will just avoid using app based network restriction for now. let me try to bit deeper