[ROM][OFFICIAL][R] LineageOS 18.1 for Redmi Note 7 [lavender]

Search This thread

Giovix92

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2015
Catanzaro, Italy
Hello,
It was an update pushed straight from the buit-in updater in LineageOS and I"m using MindTheGApps as recommended in the installation process.
FYI, the issue with Waze disappeared so maybe it was just a GPS reset done when proceeding with the update.
However, the internet connection is still unreliable...

Thanks again for this GREAT ROM and hard work !
Well, it may depend by your carrier, I don't really know what's going on there.
Could you file an issue in LineageOS's GitLab, if the issue persists?
Thank you!

Im glad somebody is taking over.
What Gapps do you recommend?
MindTheGapps, as suggested by the LineageOS Wiki.

Hello! good news that there is a new RN7 maintainer. A few months ago I had tried LOS 18.1, but there were problems with any app that used the camera, including gcam, so I've since gone back to miui 12.5.
Do you know if the problem is already solved with these new builds of LOS?
And another question, what version of Kernel is used? Thnx!
Kernel is regularly updated - perf+ oldcam kernel without any extra ricing. Clean 'n smooth.
The camera problem has been addressed. You can come back safely.

Using LOS 18.1 a few days ago. It works perfectly, except that I realized that no application that uses the location can fix any of the available satellites and google maps only give a fairly approximate location. Just looking for information seems to be a common problem in LOS 18.1. Someone with the same problem?

Edit: Ok, it started working by itself. Apparently a weather issue. Then it began to fix between 8 to 10 satellites quickly, even with mobile data and Wi-Fi turned off. Sorry! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Giovix92

jpdoliveira

Apr 14, 2012
Hey @Giovix92

Thanks for the hard work. Quick question. Updating using the LOS updater on the rom from the last mantainer will bring it up to yours version right?

One issue i have (or had, as i've not tried it again) was with bluetooth of my car. Since to pair i have to insert a pin code, it does not stay paired and i have to do it every single time i ride the car. On LOS 17.x i didn't have any of this problems. Normal bluetooth pairing works just fine connects to them automaticaly.

Giovix92

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2015
Catanzaro, Italy
Hey @Giovix92

Thanks for the hard work. Quick question. Updating using the LOS updater on the rom from the last mantainer will bring it up to yours version right?

One issue i have (or had, as i've not tried it again) was with bluetooth of my car. Since to pair i have to insert a pin code, it does not stay paired and i have to do it every single time i ride the car. On LOS 17.x i didn't have any of this problems. Normal bluetooth pairing works just fine connects to them automaticaly.
I'd suggest you to make a clean flash anyway, just to be sure to not encounter any extra bug.

Jul 16, 2016
I reinstalled the system early, the format of everything, nothing was left, recovery and fimware, and the problem remained. Now, instead of not being the internet sometimes, the most common on the "opera" application, now it is not on "TikTok" or "Messenger" :(

P.S. On average, it resets the phone 7-10 times a day :(

Last edited:
Yesterday I started noticing this problem, since I don't usually turn on mobile data and I use Wi-Fi most of the time in the places I frequent.
The issue is that when I turn on the data, my cell phone immediately does a soft-reboot (the animated startup logo appears immediately and the system boots faster than normal).
I'm attaching the logcat to see if you can determine what's going on. Thnx!

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    143.7 KB · Views: 4
  • radio.zip
    39.5 KB · Views: 2

ftulkunov

Jan 28, 2022
mobile data is not working, are there any hotfixes?

edit: had to add APN manually started working

Last edited:
Reactions: Giovix92

silver90

Jul 5, 2020
Yesterday I started noticing this problem, since I don't usually turn on mobile data and I use Wi-Fi most of the time in the places I frequent.
The issue is that when I turn on the data, my cell phone immediately does a soft-reboot (the animated startup logo appears immediately and the system boots faster than normal).
I'm attaching the logcat to see if you can determine what's going on. Thnx!
Did you turn off internet access for an app?

Did you turn off internet access for an app?
No, I have all the options activated in all the applications. I tried installing the google apps for calls, messages and contacts as suggested in one of the posts, but it still does the same thing. Soft reboot!
The only thing that decreases reboots is to always keep wifi on and then turn on mobile data. That way it is a little more stable when you leave the Wi-Fi coverage area, but it can reboot the same at some point.
The problem is very irritating, since otherwise the rom works fluidly and stable.

k_EZ

Feb 23, 2016
Hello, Lineage's a really good work. I dont know if I'm blind but I cant set vibration for profile no sound. Where can I find it?

Giovix92

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2015
Catanzaro, Italy
Well i did the clean install and i still get the same problem with the car radio bluetooth :p
This is probably a LOS 18 issue

My phone's time&date still resets to the build time in the 1225 build...
But I found that the timekeeping works well on the latest version of ResurrectionRemix (But the SELinux is broken on it).

I reinstalled the system early, the format of everything, nothing was left, recovery and fimware, and the problem remained. Now, instead of not being the internet sometimes, the most common on the "opera" application, now it is not on "TikTok" or "Messenger" :(

P.S. On average, it resets the phone 7-10 times a day :(

No, I have all the options activated in all the applications. I tried installing the google apps for calls, messages and contacts as suggested in one of the posts, but it still does the same thing. Soft reboot!
The only thing that decreases reboots is to always keep wifi on and then turn on mobile data. That way it is a little more stable when you leave the Wi-Fi coverage area, but it can reboot the same at some point.
The problem is very irritating, since otherwise the rom works fluidly and stable.

I'm not able to reproduce any of your bugs. Could y'all pick a logcat + dmesg right when it happens? Note that you might log for a long time.
Also, consider opening an issue in gitlab. Thank you for your cooperation!

I'm not able to reproduce any of your bugs. Could y'all pick a logcat + dmesg right when it happens? Note that you might log for a long time.
Also, consider opening an issue in gitlab. Thank you for your cooperation!
In my case I was able to identify the problem. Strangely there was a streaming app that had access to the mobile network disabled. That produced the soft-reboot. It did not fail again.

sebcel

Jul 30, 2016
Hello,
A little question, there are 2 ARM64 versions of MindTheGapps, which one should I take please?
11 or 12 ?
Thank you for your help !

Jul 16, 2016
How there was no internet in instagram. I also have a new problem, sometimes I enter some applications, I see that there is no internet anymore and suddenly I restart but it is very sporadic.

P.S. I hope I did the right thing for this logcat. If not, please give a hint because on the internet I read that it is done through a computer, but I was doing it through some application.

Attachments

• logcat_02-17-2022_09-45-38.txt
    26.4 KB · Views: 8

Dean123

Mar 27, 2006
How there was no internet in instagram. I also have a new problem, sometimes I enter some applications, I see that there is no internet anymore and suddenly I restart but it is very sporadic.

P.S. I hope I did the right thing for this logcat. If not, please give a hint because on the internet I read that it is done through a computer, but I was doing it through some application.
I have the same issue, reboot sorts it out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installed this yesterday and it's running beautifully so huge thanks! Really appreciate all the work put into this. Running without gapps
    that said....is Orange Fox or TWRP okay to use with this LOS build for now?
    You can use any recovery, I'm using latest TWRP and it's working fine.

is there issue with latest build of lineage-18.1-20220426-nightly-lavender-signed ? tried to clean flash 3x, all failed to boot into OS. just the LOS loading screen the back to recovery menu saying something is corrupt...and suggesting i should reformat data partition... tried that but to no avail either

i tried 3 gapps, open_gapps-arm64-11.0-micro-20220426, MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20220217_100228, open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20220426. all failed for me.

i used LOS recovery (lineage-18.1-20220426-recovery-lavender.img) and followed instructions fr their wiki (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/lavender/install)

wondering what could be the issue...?

frustrated after 3 flashes, i shifted to flash Havoc-OS 4.16 with NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20220421-signed and used orange fox recovery and it worked on first flash.
    I am assuming it's the compatibility issues with latest opengapps. I got stuck with
    lineage-18.1-20220426-nightly and open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20220430, and the april releases of opengapps seems to be the issue here.
    Then flashed this build from 15 February and was finally able to get in
    errr. im not sure? haha. i guess its part of 'factory reset' yes? i used LOS recovery so it was a bit lackluster and new to me.

wiki instructions i followed were

that said....is Orange Fox or TWRP okay to use with this LOS build for now?

i have orangefox and i wiped data partition. data partition in orangefox is the internal storage
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Guess LineageOS 19 will not come to this device. Weekly builds are automatically only. It doesn't looks like we get any fixes anymore.

Also the bug with sdcard as additional internal storage still happens. But all other stuff is working without issues. The performance is great anyway, no need for LineageOS 19 for Redmi Note 7 right now.
    Could you please stop your useless speculations? There is 19.1 development for xiaomi_sdm660-common right on the official Lineageos repo, which is the base for lavender among others. Those messages are incredibly demotivating for unpaid developers who do this as a hobby.

Also if you want to get your bugs fixed create issues on the official bugtracker (gitlab on lineageos.org) with logs and with proper description while obeying the structure there. A post in this forum describing the bug does neither make a dev get magically summoned nor does it automatically fix the bug by magic.
    Ok, thanks. Is there any possibility update to Lineage 19?
    There will definitely be. We'll work on it as soon as sources are stable enough. :)
    Hello,
    I've updated to the latest build last night and noticed some issues with waze having a hard time to get a proper fix (more than 2 hours this morning).
    After that and several reboots, it's been OK all day but it happened again tonight.
    The Internet connection also seems to be going up and down.
    Any idea ?

Thanks and have a great day !
    Could you tell me your installation process + gapps used?

Thank you!
    Hello new dev, I wish you easy work and thank you.

I found a bug, "Restrict SMS & call log access" dont work. Is at the bottom of the developer options. Enable this option, go back, open again developer options and you will see that the option is disabled.
    Thank you for your kind words!
    I'm not able to see that option, would you mind taking a logcat + screenshot?
    Hi Giovix92 :)

Thanks for taking over here. Just switched back to Lineage 18.1 and it seems to work perfect here. No issues found until now. Thanks alot! Camera seems to work perfect now, which was the main Problem I had with former install. Great work!
    Thank you! :)
    Just tried a few hours ago. The flashing instruction is really easy and i did it without any problem. So far the rom is smooth and haven't found any problem. Thanks dude!