[ROM][OFFICIAL][R] LineageOS 18.1 for Redmi Note 7 [lavender]

Search This thread

zeolite

Mar 14, 2010
Pretoria
Using latest LineageOS (2022-05-03) on a Redmi Note 7. While playing a podcast through Audible with the screen on, it works fine, as far as I can tell. A few seconds after the screen goes off, it crashes the OS and the phone reboots. My wife has the same setup and the same issue. She also mentioned that Audible often 'deletes' downloaded audio books, though I now suspect the ROM since she didn't experience the same problems on MIUI. Can't find a solution anywhere. Very frustrating! 🤨

AlieNaTiZ

There is also an issue with building of the ROM. The last two build attempts finished with an error:

Hello people, do you know if a Lineage OS 19 or 19.1 is on the track for our phone ? Thanks

The laat update was 2022-05-03 , any info about it?

There is Megvii issue. So I submitted some commits for lavender on Gerrit and Gitlab. It will be fine if the submitted commits are merged. Maintainer already is aware of this issue and he will merge them.

I already flashed dirty and tested it on my lavender (applied also the latest official build version) at last night, and camera works fine.

And as for LineageOS 19.1, he said he is working on it and it will be supported lineage-19.1.

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
Hey, I don't know if I misunderstood these functions, but I have two quick questions. (I'm on the MicroG build, but shouldn't matter, I think)

When using Ambient Display with "Wake up on gestures”,

1. shouldn't "Prevent accidental wake-up" in display settings apply and never wake the screen, if the proximity sensor is covered?
I always wakes up my display when picking up the phone (tilt sensor), regardless of me covering it intentionally.

2. doesn't the "Pocket" option (proximity sensor) only check if sensor covered -> uncovered?
It never wakes up my display, the "Hand wave" doesn't seem to react either.
I know the RN7 is notorious for a buggy proximity sensor, but phone calling-wise, it worked more often than not for me on LOS.

As to why I want it that way, I try not to overuse hardware buttons (barely repairable) and I don't use the fingerprint reader either.
Bonus question, if I may add one, does DT2W drain the battery on the RN7? I remember some devices need to be constantly "awake" for the display to register touches.

NoGoodUserNamesLeft

Feb 15, 2017
GT-i9250
LG Nexus 5X
There is Megvii issue. So I submitted some commits for lavender on Gerrit and Gitlab. It will be fine if the submitted commits are merged. Maintainer already is aware of this issue and he will merge them.
New build is out: 2022-05-31. Thank you!
I already flashed dirty and tested it on my lavender (applied also the latest official build version) at last night, and camera works fine.
The size of the new build is smaller by ~7 MB when compared to the previous builds. Did you have to remove some camera-related blobs from the vendor image?

AlieNaTiZ

The size of the new build is smaller by ~7 MB when compared to the previous builds. Did you have to remove some camera-related blobs from the vendor image?

This is expected to reduce capacity due to the fact that the Megvii library is not included as a change.

The same thing happened with xiaomi vayu (POCO X3 Pro) where these changes were applied equally.

Magnus841

Jun 3, 2022
Hey there,
I have the latest update of 18.1 (2022-05-31) and there is still a problem with PayPal and Netflix. Both won't start. Is there any work around?
Thx

conduisant

Jun 14, 2014
i notice that the OTA lineage update don't work on my lavender : i go into a bootloop TWRP recovery (clean install with LOS 2022-05-03 without GAPPS and without MAGISK. but i have flashed "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020").
i try also to dirty flash LOS 2022-05-31 and same result = bootloop TWRP recovery
-> anyone have an idea ?
EDIT = the problem seems come from "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020", i try to flash an old LOS ROM and the OTA update is working !

Last edited:

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
Hey, I don't know if I misunderstood these functions, but I have two quick questions. (I'm on the MicroG build, but shouldn't matter, I think)

When using Ambient Display with "Wake up on gestures”,

1. shouldn't "Prevent accidental wake-up" in display settings apply and never wake the screen, if the proximity sensor is covered?
I always wakes up my display when picking up the phone (tilt sensor), regardless of me covering it intentionally.

2. doesn't the "Pocket" option (proximity sensor) only check if sensor covered -> uncovered?
It never wakes up my display, the "Hand wave" doesn't seem to react either.
I know the RN7 is notorious for a buggy proximity sensor, but phone calling-wise, it worked more often than not for me on LOS.

As to why I want it that way, I try not to overuse hardware buttons (barely repairable) and I don't use the fingerprint reader either.
Bonus question, if I may add one, does DT2W drain the battery on the RN7? I remember some devices need to be constantly "awake" for the display to register touches.
Nvm, after some testing and research, it seems like Ambient Display is working, but not the way I expected.

It looks like it queues the sensor trigger and actually triggers when there is a notification (even toggling the flash light or un-/plugging the phone) afterwards.

It looks like Ambient Display uses the "Advanced Settings" app instead of "Android Settings", which seems common among custom ROMs.

However, I assume this is why "Prevent accidental wake-up" does not apply. It simply seems to be associated with DT2W.

May I ask if the "Prevent accidental wake-up" proximity trigger could be applied to "Ambient Display" triggers?
Or would that mean jerry-rigging LOS itself?
Right now, "Wake up on gestures" turns on the display inside your pocket, regardless of having "Prevent accidental wake-up".

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
Hey there,
I have the latest update of 18.1 (2022-05-31) and there is still a problem with PayPal and Netflix. Both won't start. Is there any work around?
Thx

Same issue, trying to get Magisk working to see if Paypal starts correctly, but so far no luck yet!

I'm using LineageOS for MicroG (220604) with Magisk (and Zygisk with enforced DenyList) and I have just installed PayPal (via Aurora Store).
It starts for me, but strangely enough it returns me to my launcher after logging in. When switching back to PayPal, it seems functional.

I'm utilizing the RN9Pro fingerprint from MagiskHide Props, forcing BASIC key attestation and consequently pass SafetyNet. (Tested using MicroG Settings and YASNAC)

Three of my banking apps don't complain either FWIW.

Addendum: I installed PayPal to my Shelter work profile, maybe that makes the difference.
I don't have Magisk Manager installed on that profile, and I have also renamed/repackaged Magisk Manager with another name on my main profile.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChriMo

xuroid

Nov 15, 2019
Can you use the 20220621 version to debug the APP via WIFI?
I need to do
Code:
adb connect 192.168.1.103:port
manually every time I open Android studio.

everything is ok

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is expected to reduce capacity due to the fact that the Megvii library is not included as a change.

The same thing happened with xiaomi vayu (POCO X3 Pro) where these changes were applied equally.

Hey there,
    Thx

Same issue, trying to get Magisk working to see if Paypal starts correctly, but so far no luck yet!

I'm using LineageOS for MicroG (220604) with Magisk (and Zygisk with enforced DenyList) and I have just installed PayPal (via Aurora Store).
    It starts for me, but strangely enough it returns me to my launcher after logging in. When switching back to PayPal, it seems functional.

I'm utilizing the RN9Pro fingerprint from MagiskHide Props, forcing BASIC key attestation and consequently pass SafetyNet. (Tested using MicroG Settings and YASNAC)

Three of my banking apps don't complain either FWIW.

Addendum: I installed PayPal to my Shelter work profile, maybe that makes the difference.
    I don't have Magisk Manager installed on that profile, and I have also renamed/repackaged Magisk Manager with another name on my main profile.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Guess LineageOS 19 will not come to this device. Weekly builds are automatically only. It doesn't looks like we get any fixes anymore.

Also the bug with sdcard as additional internal storage still happens. But all other stuff is working without issues. The performance is great anyway, no need for LineageOS 19 for Redmi Note 7 right now.
    Could you please stop your useless speculations? There is 19.1 development for xiaomi_sdm660-common right on the official Lineageos repo, which is the base for lavender among others. Those messages are incredibly demotivating for unpaid developers who do this as a hobby.

Also if you want to get your bugs fixed create issues on the official bugtracker (gitlab on lineageos.org) with logs and with proper description while obeying the structure there. A post in this forum describing the bug does neither make a dev get magically summoned nor does it automatically fix the bug by magic.
    Ok, thanks. Is there any possibility update to Lineage 19?
    There will definitely be. We'll work on it as soon as sources are stable enough. :)
    There is also an issue with building of the ROM. The last two build attempts finished with an error:

Hello people, do you know if a Lineage OS 19 or 19.1 is on the track for our phone ? Thanks

The laat update was 2022-05-03 , any info about it?

And as for LineageOS 19.1, he said he is working on it and it will be supported lineage-19.1.