[ROM][OFFICIAL][R] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite [platina]

Search This thread

mickiewicz

May 27, 2012
today i've try to flash some more - whitout sim card during install and put it in after all - still mobile data not working.
modify apn, change default network type, restore network settings and factory reset - i did all of that - still nothing :|
can anybody help me?

persona78

Apr 12, 2013
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Note: This ROM uses FBE encryption, any current existing recovery won't be able to decrypt data!

What is working
- Booting
- Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth
- RIL (calling, SMS, mobile data, VoLTE) (dual SIM works)
- Audio
- Camera
- Fingerprint
- NFC
- GPS
- DT2W
- Notification LED
- Automatic brightness
- USB (MTP, ADB, etc.)
- AOSP offline charging
- LiveDisplay
- Sensors (rotation, accelerometer, etc...)

Recommended firmware
V12.0.3.0.QDTMIXM

Downloads
Here

Flashing instructions
Here

Changelogs are on #2 post
Telegram channel for updates: Here
Telegram group for support: Here

Sources:
Common device tree
platina device tree
Xiaomi SDM660 common kernel
Common vendor blobs

Happy modding!

Hi!
NFC on MI 8 Lite?!

persona78

Apr 12, 2013
Hey @SebaUbuntu,

First of all, thank you for your efforts :)
I've a few things I'm stuck at, you or someone else hopefully can help me with.

I flashed it with a data partition, encrypted from Android 9. As expected, it refused to boot and going back to the recovery my data partition was garbled.
Formatting it let me boot fine. I then was surprised, to see the storage as encrypted again in settings.
Trying a reboot to recovery I can't manage to get in. All Recoveries I tried, are stuck on the splash screen.

I tried the Pitchblack, OrangeFox, TWRP and SkyHawk recoveries, but it's the same with all of them.
Is there a working recovery that is able to decrypt the data?

Additionally, I setup a lockscreen Pin, but never got asked if I wanted a secure boot. So I'm unable to use a custom pin for the encryption key, which makes it somehow pointless to encrypt in the first place.
How can I solve that?

I want to use the phone without GApps. Instead I plan on using MicroG, which needs signature spoofing.
My old way using Riru Core, Riru EdXposed and the XposedModule FakeGapps to enable signature spoofing doesn't work anymore sadly.
Would it be possible to add a signature spoofing patch to your builds?

TL;DR:
- Is there a Recovery, able to decrypt the data partition encrypted from your rom?
- I can't set my lockscreen pin for a 'secure start', is that a bug or desired behaviour? (And if so, why? :eek:)
- Could you enable signature spoofing in your builds please?

Regards,
L

I think if you change fstab.qcom from vendor/etc directory and do reset, data will be mount with no decryption.

like this:

default mount point
Code:
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata                   /data                ext4    nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,noauto_da_alloc,discard,noatime,lazytime,errors=panic                    wait,resize,check,fileencryption=ice,crashcheck,quota

change to:
Code:
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata                   /data                ext4    nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,noauto_da_alloc,discard,noatime,lazytime,errors=panic                    wait,resize,check,crashcheck,quota

Remove fileencryption=ice switch

I dont know how it will handle with Google Play Store...

persona78

Apr 12, 2013
Hi!
I install the LiniageOS and it seems very fluid!
I install gapps from here cyanogenmods.org and work fine to.
Google camera works fine to, i download from www.celsoazevedo.com, PX8.1_GCam-1.2.apk from Urnyx05, from this site you can download de configs file for Xiaomi mi 8 lite.

I miss the 3 fingers screenshot but maybe it will be add in future.

And because bootloader is unlocked Googple Play store say that is not certified... Is a problem if you want to use Netflix! But not for me!

I add this lines to vendor\build.prop

Code:
# Tweaks

ro.product.enhanced_4g_lte=true

modify_ram_show=true

ro.config.fast_dormancy=true
ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=true
ro.control_privapp_permissions=log
ro.config.multi_task_enable=true
ro.config.virtual_hd_voice=true
ro.config.signalplus.xpass=true
ro.config.hw_touchplus_enabled=true
ro.config.hw_gps_power_track=true
ro.config.hw_hotswap_on=true
ro.config.ipv4.mtu=1496
ro.config.ipv6.mtu=1496

ro.kernel.checkjni=0
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0

dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
dalvik.vm.jit.codecachesize=1024
dalvik.vm.verify-bytecode=false

ro.ril.ecclist=112,911,#911,*911

ro.mmi.support_camera_otp=true
ro.mmi.support_slave_camera_otp=true

ro.hwui.disable_scissor_opt=true
ro.hwui.texture_cache_size=72
ro.hwui.layer_cache_size=48
ro.hwui.gradient_cache_size=1
ro.hwui.texture_cache_flushrate=0.5
ro.hwui.patch_cache_size=260
ro.hwui.path_cache_size=32
ro.hwui.shape_cache_size=4
ro.hwui.drop_shadow_cache_size=6
ro.hwui.r_buffer_cache_size=8
ro.hwui.texture_cache_flush_rate=2
ro.hwui.text_large_cache_height=1024
ro.hwui.text_large_cache_width=2048
ro.hwui.text_small_cache_height=1024
ro.hwui.text_small_cache_width=2048
ro.zygote.disable_gl_preload=false
ro.vendor.qti.config.zram=true
ro.vr.surport=true
ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=10
ro.config.media_vol_steps=10
ro.config.wind_noise_supp=true

hwui.use_gpu_pixel_buffers=true

persist.fw.force_adoptable=true

debug.egl.hw=1
debug.egl.profiler=1
debug.composition.type=c2d
debug.performance.tuning=1
debug.sf.hw=1
debug.enable.gamed=1

hw3d.force=1

persist.data.mode=concurrent
persist.camera.eis.enable=1
persist.egl.support_vr=1
persist.sys.composition.type=c2d
persist.sys.performance=true
persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1

ro.audio.pcm.samplerate=48000
ro.audio.samplerate=48000
ro.config.compatibility_enable=true
ro.config.hw_audio_plus=true
ro.config.low_ram=false
ro.ime.lowmemory=false
ro.config.net_selecet_fastness=true
ro.config.optimize_signal=true
ro.config.vm_prioritymode=2
ro.hwcamera.jpeg.quality=95
ro.sf.compbypass.enable=0
ro.sys.fw.bg_apps_limit=32
ro.sys.fw.bg_cached_ratio=0.33

service.adb.tcp.port=5555

sys.hwc.gpu_perf_mode=1
sys.refresh.dirty=1

vidc.enc.dcvs.extra-buff-count=2
camera.lowpower.record.enable=1
af.resampler.quality=4

Can be a placebo or not, i know that phone is amazing now, fast, fluid and all seems to work! data ON is shown by a 4G icon and not by the arrows that is usual to see.

Capturar.PNG

Capturar2.PNG

Kepp with the good work!

Last edited:

persona78

Apr 12, 2013
I let here the tool to Unlock bootloader on MEGA, it have 3 batch files, boot on recovery with out install it, reboot from bootloader mode and LOCK Bootloader again.
In there it have to Lineage recovery and TWRP recovery.
After intall Lineage OS and boot, TWRP will not boot!

Was nice if Lineage Recover add MTP to acess storage...

persona78

Apr 12, 2013
today i've try to flash some more - whitout sim card during install and put it in after all - still mobile data not working.
modify apn, change default network type, restore network settings and factory reset - i did all of that - still nothing :|
can anybody help me?
Hi!
I intall it and works, intestead of arrow it show 4G when data is ON, then hide when is OFF.

persona78

Apr 12, 2013
Hi!
So far issues i found, pixel launcher fail after a while, wifi i can't connect to my work network because on wifi options is missing on method EAP - PEAP fase 2 to authenticate None (blank) and no domain.

Like example:

Some apps can't start because bootloader is unlocked and Google play says uncertified device but that is not from rom i guess.

Last edited:

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
I think if you change fstab.qcom from vendor/etc directory and do reset, data will be mount with no decryption.
[...]

Thank you for trying to help, but I want to use encryption.
I was just surprised, that auto encryption on first boot seemed to be enabled, but I couldn't manage, to get the "secure boot" mechanism I was used to, to work.
SebaUbuntu then explained me, this Rom uses FileBasedEncryption instead of FullDiskEncryption, which works differently, makes the mid-boot pin question obsolete I was missing and explains the unaccessibility for the recovery.

I'd really like to get a fully working TWRP or OrangeFox back, but not for the price of an unencrypted storage.

In theory it would be possible, to compile the Rom with the older FDE, but that would force everyone to move their data around, etc why it's very unlikely and also not the best way. Optimal would be, if someone would update a recovery code base with the FBE capabilities^^

Even though I won't try/use it, I've a technical question: the change you proposed, isn't that one I would have to do on each Rom flash before rebooting the device, or is it only overridden on firmware flashes or something like that?

L
P.S: please don't make a full-quote if you answer to this long post :D

persona78

Apr 12, 2013
I return to stock because i really need WiFi for work and can't connect with this rom and i have apps that doesn't work to because Google play say that is a uncertified device... (Bootloader unlocked).

On games it lags, ping is very high to, probably because of background apps running, some game mode probably helps.

But i like a lot.
I changed some apps with Google apps like Google dialer it have a anti spam call identify, Google message, etc.

I missed the call recorder, 3 fingers screen shot but there are apps on Google play that works fine.

I miss old times, it was more easy to change the phone was you want...

persona78

Apr 12, 2013
can anybody help me?
Doesn't show 4g?

On Network tools or sim tools, there the options to choose how it connects, probably is in wrong mode. Try to find what is your network connection available in your country and go there and change it.

Is a big list in that menu!

mickiewicz

May 27, 2012
Doesn't show 4g?

On Network tools or sim tools, there the options to choose how it connects, probably is in wrong mode. Try to find what is your network connection available in your country and go there and change it.

Is a big list in that menu!
you are talking about a list of network types to prefere - i did that ("modify apn, change default network type, restore network settings and factory reset - i did all of that").
even when i choose like 2g or 3g - there is no label on mobile data (nothing shows - H or 3G etc.)

persona78

Apr 12, 2013
you are talking about a list of network types to prefere - i did that ("modify apn, change default network type, restore network settings and factory reset - i did all of that").
even when i choose like 2g or 3g - there is no label on mobile data (nothing shows - H or 3G etc.)
Very weird

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @9Lukas5
    I think you need to apply That Change every time you do factory reset after update because update Will overwrite the file you change.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Note: This ROM uses FBE encryption, any current existing recovery won't be able to decrypt data!

Recommended firmware
    V12.0.3.0.QDTMIXM

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Changelogs are on #2 post
    Telegram channel for updates: Here
    Telegram group for support: Here

Sources:
    Common device tree
    platina device tree
    Xiaomi SDM660 common kernel
    Common vendor blobs

Happy modding!
    2021/04/01
    - First official build

2021/03/08
    - Synced latest LineageOS changes
    - March 2021 security patches
    - Upstreamed kernel
    - Added DT2W support for all platina touchpanels
    - (not a bug in my previous builds, might be useful to other maintainers) Fixed charging issues after kernel upstream

2021/02/05
    - Synced latest LineageOS changes
    - Upstreamed kernel
    - Added WireGuard support
    - Fixed some camera denials

2020/12/20
    - First release
    First official build is out 🎉
    Check #1 and #2 for infos
    So I finally got time to install this. Works very nicely so far. I am getting lots of "Trust - System Security" notifications about the keys being public signed. How do I disable this?
    Settings > Privacy > Trust > Go down and uncheck all the boxes
    we really cant expect nothing from an unofficial ROM, even the official ones, specially the nysa case
    probably this guy will support it for some time then dissapear or make more ROMs, but we cant expect so much about it.
    what?
    I'm actually planning to go official with LineageOS, there's no way I'll abandon this phone soon
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone