[ROM][R][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite [platina]

Search This thread

mickiewicz

May 27, 2012
I'm on Orange PL and had the same problem, btw this problem is on every ROM on Android 11. The solution is to change the default APN from "internet" to "internetipv6" and also change the protocol to IPv6. How do you change on your network? I have no idea, for a start try changing the protocol to IPv6.
that internetipv6 thing is probably only in Orange - i do not see any info about it on PLAY as a provider.
right now i'm on xiaomi.eu rom, LTE wrorks and in network settings i see as APN type just "internet" (nothing about ipv6) and APNs ptocol is set at "ipv4/ipv6" - all that i get automatically after a clean flash of LOS.

today i've try to flash from sd card (i ask myself - why not?), ressults are the same - i do not have mobile data on a11 roms

• Sad
Reactions: Conrado da Vinci

roldev

Mar 16, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
At first, Thanks for the great work done by the @op. And support of the community. I have some problems with my install. Hope someone can help.
  • The phone cannot be encrypted. After clean install LOS18.1 the phone is not encrypted. I tried do it manually, but after 4 hours stuck on 90%. Never finished. I have encryptable=ice in my fstab.qcom. Maybe some flash from the past altered /vendor. I do clean install: wipe all, format data, install xiaomi firmware, install LOS18.1, install gapps. Rebooting perfect but without encryption ... Somebody can help me, please?
  • Second problem. I suppose no OTA update, isn't? So every time I need to backup my ~200 apps and restore manually. Somehow backup with Titanium cannot restore the apps. Only the data. Any idea how to make reliable backup of my apps+apps settings+system setting? Thank you very much.
Sorry for my bad english.

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
[...]install gapps. Rebooting perfect but without encryption ... Somebody can help me, please?

How do you know the phone is unencrypted? Does it say so under Settings->Security?
My `vendor/etc/fstab.qcom` has `fileencryption=ice` for data instead `encrypttable=ice` like yours. Maybe worth a shot?

Second problem. I suppose no OTA update, isn't?

Depends on what you mean: You of course can flash a new build over the current one without wiping & reinstalling everything. So, yes you can update.
But as we have no recovery, that supports the FileBasedEncryption(FBE) of newer Android versions, you can't make a backup before the update to be able to easily restore everything in case of the update failed.

L

roldev

Mar 16, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Thanks @9Lucas5 for your active support.

Yes, the phone shows unecrypted under Security.

My vendor/etc/fstab.qcom has encryptable=ice. Maybe was altered from xiaomi.eu which was installed before. Or installed something in the past, don't remember now. I tried to flash no-verify-force-encrypt-6.0.zip this time before install, but something goes wrong. Maybe need to install official fastboot MIUI from MyFlash to recover right vendor? I am afraid that this will lock my phone, but seems that there is option to keep it unlocked....

The phone has option to encrypt, but after more than 4h stuck on: Encrypting ... Time remaining 0:00 and never ending.

You of course can flash a new build over the current one without wiping & reinstalling everything

This is great news. I am with PBRP v2.9 which can make backup, since I still unecrypted. Thanks again for your support.

persona78

Apr 12, 2013
after clean flash of todays version (installend via lineage recovery, with latest firmware and NikGapps basic):

View attachment 5287513

there is no sign of mobile transfer, like you see, but the sim card and provider is correct.

View attachment 5287515

when i change prefered network type to ONLY LTE - it seems disconected:

View attachment 5287517

and when i change it back to other low-transfer network (like GSM only, then WCDMA) and then to LTE/WDMA i get a H+ connection (so its only 3G), but that H+ connection dissapeard after few minutes.

View attachment 5287519

it seems like a problem with my provider (?), but i used to flash earlier versions of yours lineage (like in march, when it wasn't official yet) and then my LTE transfer worked.
i'm out of ideas how to fix that :)

so now i'm gonna back to xiaomi.eu rom again.

any ideas?
Hi!

I found this Code [ Network Technologies List *#*#4636#*#* ] Use dial to insert code, in there you can select the network connection. Try to find yours.

mickiewicz

May 27, 2012
Hi!

I found this Code [ Network Technologies List *#*#4636#*#* ] Use dial to insert code, in there you can select the network connection. Try to find yours.
yep, i've tried all options there - H+ (HSPAP) is max what i can get (on my provider and an other provider via roaming also).
still no LTE :|

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
@roldev did you try to completely reset your device with reflashing firmware and deleting all data?

You can download the firmware from here (flashable zip for recovery): https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/platina/stable/V12.0.3.0.QDTMIXM/

Attention: Backup all your data (including internal storage!) to your computer beforehand!

• flash LOS recovery
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery <recovery image file>
  • boot recovery
  • format /system, /cache & /data (really format /data, to remove previous encryption)
  • alternatve: use fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata
  • flash firmware via adb sideload
  • reboot recovery (just for safety, don't know if it makes any difference^^)
  • flash rom via adb sideload
  • reboot

Normally LOS18.1 on our device should be directly encrypted on first boot with FBE, so if it doesn't show encrypted it didn't workout.

@ all: could others maybe confirm what fileencryption parameter they have in their /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom for the data entry?
@SebaUbuntu maybe you could tell what it should say, and maybe know a way how to fix such differences in the /vendor partition if my described attempt won't work out?

L

Reactions: AnGry36

Ninive

May 27, 2021
Hi everyone,

I just installed lineageos for microG on my 8 lite,
and I'm facing several minor issues :

- For the installation, I first installed the lineageos recovery,
but I can access it only with the "fastboot boot <name of the recovery>.img" command.
When I use on/off button + volume up, it stills boot on mi-recovery 3.0. I don't know
if this behaviour is expected or not.

- After installing Lineageos, when plugged to a Windows10 PC, the internal storage does not appear,
only the sd card is available for files transfers. Is that because of the encryption, and is
there a way to see all storages ?

- Instead of Google Play store, I want to use the Aptoide store. I managed to install it,
but it crashes everytime I try open it.

Thank you in advance for your help !

Ninive

May 27, 2021
I'm answering to myself, in case it could help people having these issues.
It appears that I didn't properly reboot on recovery just after installing it,
so I reinstalled recovery, immediatly reboot on it using volume up + power, then reinstall
lineageos. Now works like a charm. Thanks to the community ant the op for your great work !

roldev

Mar 16, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Hi at all, I've seen that the lineage recovery doesn't provide a backup option, so how to backup my current ROM and all of that is installed in it?

Very good question. I face the same problem.
Usually I flash the ROM, NickGapps and Magisk.
Then restore apk's backup I made and apps data from TitaniumBackup.
Take a lot of time to complete.
Maybe create and restore update.zip with paid version of Titanium will work?
I search for make backup of data via adb from shell. Not clear solution found ;(
Any ideas? Thanks!

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Hey,

I'm in Germany, O2 as provider.
I got aware that after some uptime my device looses its capability of VoLTE calls.
The bad thing about this is, that if I'm making an outgoing call, it needs a long time to dial out and falls back to 3g, but if someone tries to call me in coming, the device doesn't recognize it and the other end just get's a not available message or similar after some time.

I've flashed now an older build, to see if that fixes my bug , outcome to be delivered later .
Update: With an older build flashed, the devices doesn't boot up. After Bootlogo it reboots and goes to recovery. Reflashing the version last installed again, it boots up again fine.

For now I've attached a logcat, where I did an outgoing call with 3g fallback, first without filter, second with Warnings or worse.
Could anyone check them if there are any clues what the problems origin could be?
I'm especially flustered, that it's not not working at all, but only after some up time.

Update 2:
After I allowed 2G networks again (had them disabled before), I can receive incoming calls again. Seems like my Provider prefers a GSM fallback for calls.

L

Attachments

• VoLTEfail.log
    242 KB · Views: 4
  • VoLTEfail-filter-for-Warnings.log
    54.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Hey has anyone problems that after doing a Call with Threema or Signal the ring volume is range is translated way higher than normal?
So suddenly even the screen lock sound is incredibly loud an so is every notification and ringtone, until the device get's rebooted.

It happens always after doing a call with a third party app, so they seems to tamper with the sound settings here and they don't get reset after the call ends :/

L

mickiewicz

May 27, 2012
hi guys!
there is one issue on every android11 based rom - some random apps loose abbility to connect to internet (sometimes it's a flashscore, somtimes some game, lately i could not load gif option in fb messenger).
phone restart always help, but it's annoying when i have to check something quickly and then i have to restart my device.
can anyone have that issue on mi 8 lite?

Hi everyone, first of all, the ROM is awesome. I just flashed it on my Mi 8 Lite, and it´s beautiful. It´s my first time on the flashing phones game for a long long time.
My question is, I want to be able to use Netflix on my phone, and I´ve read that Magisk is needed.
How should I Root my phone now that I have LOS 18.1 and how should I flash Magisk since my recovery right now is Lineage Recovery?.

Could anyone guide me through it step by step here or by private message ?

Anyway, thank you all very much in advance for the help and for the ROM!.
Keep it up!.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R) designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS still includes various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a complete list of changes & features.

Recommended firmware
    V12.0.3.0.QDTMIXM

Note: This ROM uses FBE encryption, any current existing recovery won't be able to decrypt data!

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources
    ROM sources: LineageOS
    Kernel sources: Here

Happy modding!
    First official build is out 🎉
    Check #1 and #2 for infos
    I've the build environment for 18.1 still set up, is there the need for extended monthly security builds? 🧐

They would be MicroG ready for those needed, shouldn't matter for those who don't care^^
    I also replaced the default Android emojis with the iOS ones. As I've switched to LOS20 already, it wouldn't matter to me to revert the emojis to stock. But that comes down to what you guys prefer?

As a sidenote: I said above that major version upgrades aren't supported, but I tried it out of curiosity from 18.1 to 20 and it seemed to work fine.
    Possible that there are small hickups I didn't notice before I made a clean flash caused by other reasons, so do it on your own risk :p

L
    So I finally got time to install this. Works very nicely so far. I am getting lots of "Trust - System Security" notifications about the keys being public signed. How do I disable this?
    Settings > Privacy > Trust > Go down and uncheck all the boxes