• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][R][OSS] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO F2 Pro/Redmi K30 Pro [lmi/lmipro]

Search This thread
@mehiso
Thank you for your insight!
I am debating whether to try this or crDroid. Have you tried it? If so, can you share your thoughts and comparison to this one?
Thank you again.
No, I have not tried to install cr on this device yet.
The overload on features crdroid offers is nice for some but distracting for others. I am more of the second type for my daily driver. On my dev phones this is a different story.
On those I mostly use something more customizable.

So if you want more options for customisation, go for crdroid and if you need a reliable, more minimalistic Rom go for Lineage.

ltraddical

Mar 16, 2010
Thanks for the ROM! Nice work.
I do however experience broken callerid when volte is enabled(by default). Every caller is marked 'unknown'. Disabling volte fixes the issue for me. I have a logcat output from a call if you're interested.

two00lbwaster

Nov 4, 2013
The latest Global MIUI update seems to have improved the fingerprint sensor pickup on the lock screen; (always an issue for me because I have a tempered glass screen protector on top of the stock plastic one). Hopefully Seba can bring that change over into the official LOS.

Love that we are getting official lineage builds now, that's awesome!

On a related note, I need some advice: I have been slacking a bit with updates and am still on 2021-04-01, firmware version 12.2.5.0. Should dirtyflashing this new build be possible, or should I try all updates since april in order? I assume a cleanflash should not be necessary to switch to the official builds, right? And at which point should I flash the firmware update to 12.2.6.0, if that's even necessary?

I actually wanted to update this morning anyway, but @SebaUbuntu 's website seems to be unreachable, I get an error 403 when using the ROM/Recovery download links.

Sorry if this is kind of a noob question, I appreciate your feedback!

Love that we are getting official lineage builds now, that's awesome!

On a related note, I need some advice: I have been slacking a bit with updates and am still on 2021-04-01, firmware version 12.2.5.0. Should dirtyflashing this new build be possible, or should I try all updates since april in order? I assume a cleanflash should not be necessary to switch to the official builds, right? And at which point should I flash the firmware update to 12.2.6.0, if that's even necessary?

I actually wanted to update this morning anyway, but @SebaUbuntu 's website seems to be unreachable, I get an error 403 when using the ROM/Recovery download links.

Sorry if this is kind of a noob question, I appreciate your feedback!
https://download.lineageos.org/lmi

jmga

Look like they are working on it:
So, it should be fixable by replacing these 3 files from the ones in the official firmware?

sm8250-common/proprietary/product/priv-app/HotwordEnrollmentOKGoogleHEXAGON/HotwordEnrollmentOKGoogleHEXAGON.apk

sm8250-common/proprietary/product/priv-app/HotwordEnrollmentXGoogleHEXAGON/HotwordEnrollmentXGoogleHEXAGON.apk

sm8250-common/proprietary/system_ext/framework/com.android.hotwordenrollment.common.util.jar

EDIT: Yes, it works! Although the process is a little painful (root needed):

1. Download latest fastboot ROM and unpack it.
2. Use simg2img with the super image.
3. Use lpunpack on the new image to extract system_ext and products partition images.
4. Use extfstools to extract these three files:
From product:
  • /product/priv-app/HotwordEnrollmentXGoogleHEXAGON (directory)
  • /product/priv-app/HotwordEnrollmentOKGoogleHEXAGON (directory)
From system_ext:
  • /system_ext/framework/com.android.hotwordenrollment.common.util.jar
5. Adb shell into the device and remount partitions as RW.
6. Copy the previous files/directories into their corresponding paths and overwrite existing files.
7. Remount partitions as read only.
8. Reboot device.

And just like that, Ok Google works, even with the display off.

Last edited:

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.AndroidExplained.com
I just flashed LOS yesterday and after a reboot the fingerprint scanner is very usable. Not as good as on MIUI, but very usable.
can confirm. still seeing a bit of UI glitch with it, and have had a few failed attempts, but that's par for the course with these under display sensors (at least it is on my Note 10+)

very usable now, though. hats off to the devs

I love how everyone got excited for an Official LineageOS release!

Now we can move on from ArrowOS's lack of device specific groups, old MIUI firmware base and troublesome compatibility with kernels other than stock.
We can move on from EvolutionX and its telegram fanboyism for a narcissistic and disrespectful maintainer.
I'm sure that same fanboyism is gonna leak onto here and I'll get the dodgy comments and DM's but you know what, I stopped caring once I realised there are other ROMs with far better maintenance and stability, maintainers and dev communication etc.

I do however absolutely love the suggestion as this LOS as a daily driver and CrDroid if you want the same stability but with loads of customisation.
I think that's awesome, I'm on CrDroid now!

Last edited:
I love how everyone got excited for an Official LineageOS release!

Now we can move on from ArrowOS's lack of device specific groups and it's old firmware.
We can move on from EvolutionX and its telegram fanboyism for a narcissistic and disrespectful maintainer.
I'm sure that same fanboyism is gonna leak onto here and I'll get the dodgy comments and DM's but you know what, I stopped caring once I realised there are other ROMs with far better maintenance and stability, maintainers and dev communication etc.

I do however absolutely love the suggestion as this LOS as a daily driver and CrDroid if you want the same stability but with loads of customisation.
I think that's awesome, I'm on CrDroid now!

ArrowOS​

Type: Official
Version: v11.0
Date: 2021-07-26

Reactions: q494471693

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have.

I've also ran through the last few pages of replies and its efficacy seems inhibited by a lack of updates.
    Banking apps+root is like a cat-mouse game. In my case, my banking apps doesn't give problems with root hided by magisk, but push notifications are needed for fully functionally. This one's solved with a rom with signature spoofing and microg
    New Lineage Has heat issue while playing game and while using social media apps, thermal control so bad
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources:
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Hi everyone, the moment is finally here, OSS vendor!
    Please check post #1 and #2 for instructions
    Next update should hopefully have SELinux enforcing
    New build is out with SELinux enforcing and OSS kernel (and much more)

Check post #2 for info
    Clean flash may be required
    Note: Build repushed with brightness fix, you can dirty flash it over previous 18.1 build