• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][R][OSS] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO F2 Pro/Redmi K30 Pro [lmi/lmipro]

Search This thread

jeremy_inc

Oct 26, 2011
Switched from miui to this official release, loving it so far. So much faster and better ram management.

One issue though, when I unlock with fingerprint the whole screen brightness turns to max. The actual brightness slider stays low however, and if I tap it the brightness returns to its low setting. Where should I report this bug?

HK-47

Jan 18, 2011
how can i change beacuse when i click the link it only gives me a 133 mb file and i am sure that the full system is bigger in size.

You can download the full firmware from the same website, but the 133MB file is all you need. Just flash it via ADB before flashing the LineageOS ROM. No need to reboot in between. Given the amount of time (and probably changes) from the January release you currently have to this official one though, you will most likely have to perform a factory reset (i.e. clear /data and /cache) to avoid a bootloop.

brassica

Mar 3, 2009
I used the unofficial builds until I noticed I was having a bug with apps apps showing images with a very low dpi, like Tachiyomi and switched to Xiaomi.eu.
I found an explanation here, any idea if this is fixed with the official build?
To test, install Tachiyomi and an extension like the Manga Plus one, and try to read any chapter : if the size is way too small, the bug is still here.
In case it is resolved I will go back to LOS : is there a way to do so without losing everything in the storage partition?

fero5466

Dec 11, 2018
Hello!

How do you guys make your google contacts sync work? Which gapps do you use to make it work? Also, when I flash los and then I want flash back for example xiaomi.eu I get error 7 or error 1 always during installation. I have to use mi flash and flash fastboot rom and then twrp again to get up and running. Of course I did format data every time. Anyone has the same problem? I really want to use los but that thing with contacts holds me back...

Maybe he referred that Arrow OS still active and always updated, which is true. But I understand your point. It still need older MIUI firmware, While I don't really care about how it lagged behind in terms of Security, Performance, etc. It's really such a pain in the a** cause it's need a full MIUI firmware, even sometimes it's not booting into Arrow even though I installed the firmware based on the installation instructions.

Reactions: jason88fr

HK-47

Jan 18, 2011
Hello!

How do you guys make your google contacts sync work? Which gapps do you use to make it work? Also, when I flash los and then I want flash back for example xiaomi.eu I get error 7 or error 1 always during installation. I have to use mi flash and flash fastboot rom and then twrp again to get up and running. Of course I did format data every time. Anyone has the same problem? I really want to use los but that thing with contacts holds me back...

I used opengapps (ARM64, Android 11, nano) and the contacts sync works fine.

Maybe he referred that Arrow OS still active and always updated, which is true. But I understand your point. It still need older MIUI firmware, While I don't really care about how it lagged behind in terms of Security, Performance, etc. It's really such a pain in the a** cause it's need a full MIUI firmware, even sometimes it's not booting into Arrow even though I installed the firmware based on the installation instructions.

Thank you for trying to clarify on the person's behalf.
I understand your frustration with flashing a full MIUI firmware.
When I was on ArrowOS, I was able to flash the updates via OTA, and that was perfect because it worked for months like that.
Until it didn't.
That's when I found that there was a lack of device specific support. In the xda thread you'd have to make your post and then wait for an eventual reply, if your post gets seen at all by the relevant parties.
Then in TG channels/groups, there is no specificity for your device, so you'd have to make sure to find the username relevant to the devs/admins that posted and/or responded the xda ArrowOS thread for lmi.
While responses there are faster (TG) without device specificity, your message get buried quickly, worse now with the stickers.

That is not only for ArrowOS but for many other ROM threads/groups as well.

On the other hand, I must say, if you don't really care for the extra customisation that CrDroid offers then go for ArrowOS, it's simple, clean, a decent daily driver and ArrowOS has given me the best battery duration of any ROM I've ever used, but this was an experience from January/February 2021.

For the booting issue;
What helped me a lot was using Pitch Black Recovery with the MIUI firmware indicated by the ROM post, and don't wipe cache/dalvik

For that guy @NOSS8 ;
ArrowOS is updated quite regularly indeed.
I think you misunderstood then that I wasn't talking about the ROM version but more so the firmware base it was built on, the MIUI firmware.

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Recommended firmware
V12.5.1.0.RJKMIXM

Downloads
Here

Flashing instructions
Here

Sources:
LineageOS

Happy modding!

@SebaUbuntu may need to update the links on OP as lmi now has its own page at LineageOS and the links in the OP point to platina.

fabianwekker

Jan 7, 2019
Gouda

"Whoops - this page doesn't exist​

This device has no available builds. Please select another device."

did they pull the files? does anyone who did get it have a different link for them

"Whoops - this page doesn't exist​

This device has no available builds. Please select another device."

did they pull the files? does anyone who did get it have a different link for them
I think there was a problem yesterday and temporarily removed everything, don't know the reason though.

Reactions: jason88fr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have.

I've also ran through the last few pages of replies and its efficacy seems inhibited by a lack of updates.
    Banking apps+root is like a cat-mouse game. In my case, my banking apps doesn't give problems with root hided by magisk, but push notifications are needed for fully functionally. This one's solved with a rom with signature spoofing and microg
    New Lineage Has heat issue while playing game and while using social media apps, thermal control so bad
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources:
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Hi everyone, the moment is finally here, OSS vendor!
    Please check post #1 and #2 for instructions
    Next update should hopefully have SELinux enforcing
    New build is out with SELinux enforcing and OSS kernel (and much more)

Check post #2 for info
    Clean flash may be required
    Note: Build repushed with brightness fix, you can dirty flash it over previous 18.1 build