• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][R][OSS] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO F2 Pro/Redmi K30 Pro [lmi/lmipro]

Search This thread

sircretop

Jun 21, 2020
All good except OK Google doesn't work at all on it despite being enabled properly. In fact when enabled my phone runs very slow and if watching a video it freezes every 5 to 10 seconds for a few seconds so I've permanently disabled it. I'm using Open GApps by the way if anyone else has encountered this?

Shished

Nov 8, 2016
Lineage server people has removed latest LOS builds for all devices. New builds are still coming.

• Haha
Reactions: NOSS8

sircretop

Jun 21, 2020
The audio and video freezing and lagging is back for me now even with Google assistant disabled (I thought this was the original cause). It's really making me wanna switch back to MIUI ROM. It was fine on LOS 17.1 which I had up until yesterday morning. LOS 18.1 is making me crazy now with this stuttering and freezing on all videos on apps or websites. Anyone any ideas???

The audio and video freezing and lagging is back for me now even with Google assistant disabled (I thought this was the original cause). It's really making me wanna switch back to MIUI ROM. It was fine on LOS 17.1 which I had up until yesterday morning. LOS 18.1 is making me crazy now with this stuttering and freezing on all videos on apps or websites. Anyone any ideas???
turn on and off again ok google, and reboot
for me every time google assistant start a routine, videos start freezing again, I did it and it came back to normal

sircretop

Jun 21, 2020
A long list of changes in that build @jason88fr . Does it fix what I mentioned above? Also, if I use the in-built Lineage Updater app and install this build....do I lose all my app data or will that be okay?

Reactions: jason88fr
A long list of changes in that build @jason88fr . Does it fix what I mentioned above? Also, if I use the in-built Lineage Updater app and install this build....do I lose all my app data or will that be okay?

I'm not sure, read into it and see if you find your fix.

I'm still on CrDroid, was about to come over to LOS when they pulled the last build.

ChicoDeGoma

May 4, 2015
Someone moved already and can tell how stable it is? I don't mind trying as long as there's not any new groundbreaking bugs.

EDIT: I saw no instructions for magisk, so I'm gonna try to install it as I installed it for the unofficial builds and will test some days.

Last edited:

sircretop

Jun 21, 2020
What version of Magisk is recommended with this LOS 18.1? I've read that on some phones Magisk 23 can cause lagging (which is what I've been experiencing) so I've downgraded to Magisk 22.1 now to see if that helps.

ChicoDeGoma

May 4, 2015
So far pretty okay with it, transitio was almost seamless (I was on 17.1 unofficial)
I kinda miss that "Mark as read" action in notifications for SMS tho.
Also, system profiles won't change my lock screen state. I often like to put it on "don't ask for pin" when I'm at home but it doesn't change it.

I'm using it as a daily driver since June. Very stable, would definitely recommend it.

As for magisk, you can just adb sideload the zip from the lineage recovery, works like a charm
Yeh, just went ahead and put it after gapps and worked nicely.

sircretop

Jun 21, 2020
How can I tell what firmware I'm using on LOS 18.1. I've a feeling I'm using old firmware and not the latest.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources:
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Hi everyone, the moment is finally here, OSS vendor!
    Please check post #1 and #2 for instructions
    Next update should hopefully have SELinux enforcing
    New build is out with SELinux enforcing and OSS kernel (and much more)

Check post #2 for info
    Clean flash may be required
    Note: Build repushed with brightness fix, you can dirty flash it over previous 18.1 build