• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][R][OSS] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO F2 Pro/Redmi K30 Pro [lmi/lmipro]

Search This thread
c7-3033.23-0625_0958_adda607 is my baseband version if there's a way to find my firmware version from that?
It's sometimes a little different but the "about" with version number and build number is always in Settings. It's outstanding you were able to flash a ROM, a custom recovery, unlock bootloader... and you can't figure out your version xD.

sircretop

Jun 21, 2020
RQ3A.210705.001 is part of the build number. Is that it? If that's not it then on my phone it's deffo not anywhere else. Is there a way to do it while connected to ADB for example?
Haha yeah I'm well able to flash and custom ROM and all that but honestly there isn't a clear guide anywhere online to find my firmware version easily. It's a bit of a flaw. Easy for Samsung phones as you can do the *#1234# and find it.

murakh

Dec 5, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Redmi K20 Pro
RQ3A.210705.001 is part of the build number. Is that it? If that's not it then on my phone it's deffo not anywhere else. Is there a way to do it while connected to ADB for example?
Haha yeah I'm well able to flash and custom ROM and all that but honestly there isn't a clear guide anywhere online to find my firmware version easily. It's a bit of a flaw. Easy for Samsung phones as you can do the *#1234# and find it.
Presuming you mean the Xiaomi firmware (vendor etc) then I agree it is not in the Settings-About. However if you are using older firmware then why not just flash / sideload the newer firmware as per the link in the OP? If you do have the old version it would be updated, if the same version then .... the same files would just be written and no change.

OK may be I am not understanding you...
What do you mean by firmware?

I thought you meant ROM version, people call it firmware as well.

1628007132088.png

In the About screen you can see MIUI version: 12.5.1.0 (R....)
Then the Android version: 11 with build (RKQ1.2008....)

1628007387639.png

Then in All specs you can see the kernel version: 4.19.113...
Also Baseband version: c7-3033....

Then in Status you can check IMEI and other stuff

If the firmware is not any of those things, I don't know what the heck is firmware then. Then only thing left is the recovery version I believe...

Last edited:

murakh

Dec 5, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Redmi K20 Pro

Then the Android version: 11 (RK1.2008....)

If the firmware is not any of those things, I don't know what the heck is firmware then. Then only thing left is the recovery version I believe...
Check OP (post 1) ... a line saying "Recommended Firmware" ... the non-free / non open source Xiaomi part required, and not included in the LineageOS build. I'd also suggest maybe an apology to the other poster for the unnecessary snarky remarks?

Check OP (post 1) ... a line saying "Recommended Firmware" ... the non-free / non open source Xiaomi part required, and not included in the LineageOS build. I'd also suggest maybe an apology to the other poster for the unnecessary snarky remarks?
WTF?

"Recommended firmware
V12.5.1.0.RJKMIXM"

That's just literally the ROM version, it's in the about screen as I said in my very first intervention, big letters and right in front of your eyes.

Refer here:

View attachment 5377101

Then the Android version: 11 with build (RKQ1.2008....)

View attachment 5377105

And you did see they specifically stated "how to check that ON LINEAGE 18.1 not MIUI, right?
If you are using MIUI why even respond in the LineageOS thread?
Well... since he was ASKING how to check the MIUI version, and you are supposed to install that BEFORE flashing LOS... and this LOS ROM came AFTER the latest MIUI update 12.5.1, which he should have already way before LOS came out, then what is he expecting?
If he already is in LOS, why even bother asking which MIUI version was installed?

It makes no sense because tomorrow MIUI could release an update, then he will know he don't have the latest MIUI, and then what? Will he reinstall MIUI to reinstall LOS then?
I don't understand.

In Lineage it is just the same: go to about, click on Android version, down the you have kernel, build and baseband.

murakh

Dec 5, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Redmi K20 Pro
Well... since he was ASKING how to check the MIUI version, and you are supposed to install that BEFORE flashing LOS... then what is he expecting. If he already is in LOS, why even bother asking which MIUI version was installed?

It makes no sense because tomorrow MIUI could release an update, then he will know he don't have the latest MIUI, and then what? Will he reinstall MIUI to reinstall LOS then?
I don't understand.

In Lineage it is just the same: go to about, click on Android version, down the you have kernel, build and baseband.
Honestly, are you just trolling now?
First they never asked what MIUI version (you can check, you did even respond to that question), they asked how to check firmware version. It is also recommended firmware, many people use older or newer firmware with varying levels of success. They may have also applied an update to LOS without considering the firmware and now want to check, especially as the recommended firmware was only updated recently.
It is a valid question, and seeing something to correlate to V12.5.1.0.RJKMIXM or whatever is not obvious in the settings.

The rest of your argument is nonsensical as it was never about being the latest, but rather the latest recommended.

sircretop

Jun 21, 2020
Yeah exactly. I'm on the LOS 18.1 ROM. It says in the OP to use a specific recommended firmware. I believe I sideloaded that before I installed the custom ROM however since my phone has been lagging alot since changing from LOS 17.1 to 18.1 I've been trying to narrow down what could be slowing it down and I thought maybe sideloading the firmware as a .zip wasn't right and maybe I should have used the flash command in CMD to install the firmware.

Not sure why anyone is talking about MIUI as that's completely off topic.

OK I am lost. Can any of you two explain to me what's the difference between Firmware V12.5.1.0.RJKMIXM and MIUI version 12.5.1.0?
Because to me they show exactly the same numbers and refer to the same thing.

"First they never asked what MIUI version"

So going to Settings/About and seeing MIUI version 12.5.1.0 is not what he asked, he asked which is the latest firmware, which is... the same as MIUI version: 12.5.1.0?

If they are not the same thing, why on hell would they name their versions with the exact same number?

Last edited:

sircretop

Jun 21, 2020
I think I get where both of you are coming from and I think both are technically correct. I'm not running MIUI ROM but the recommended firmware to use is MIUI firmware version 12.5.1 even though I'm running the LOS 18.1 ROM.

My question still stands though.....how do I find what firmware I'm running. Nobody has been able to answer that so I think that's a flaw in the ROM not being able to see that info within Settings - About.

I think I get it now. I believe firmware and ROM are 2 different things. However, the cringe guy that names the things thought it was a great idea to name the firmware with the exact same number as the MIUI version.

If I am not wrong, you can have MIUI 12.5.1.0 and firmware 4.1.450 (number made up right now). I believe you can update both FW and ROM, or just one of them separately. So, when LOS is installed, you only install the ROM, and the firmware stays untouched.

Now, the question is, can you update the firmware to the latest, which is the cringe version 12.5.1.0 which is the same as MIUI version 12.5.1.0 number, without erasing any ROM data?

And the second question is... I don't know then either how can I check which firmware I have in my MIUI ROM 12.5.1.0. Because I don't see the word firmware anywhere in settings. Apparently all the 12.5.1.0 numbers refer to MIUI version, and then the firmware version is still unknown.

murakh

Dec 5, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Redmi K20 Pro
In an effort to explain:
MIUI / Xiaomi EU release complete OS / ROMs. This includes the operating system part, launcher and firmware specific "drivers" (basically) for the chipsets in the device.
LineageOS releases just the operating system / launcher part and (currently) does not include all the drivers which are closed source. However LOS will rely on those drivers to be present and support a specific level of ability from those drivers to make the chipsets work. Newer firmware may support more or modified function calls which the latest version of LOS expects to work, older firmware may not handle function calls from LOS correctly and cause crashing etc. This is probably true of newer firmware than recommended as well, which is why there is a recommended version which is not the latest.

So when you install MIUI ROM V12.5.1.0.RJKMIXM you get everything including the firmware specific part.
When you install LOS you do not need the MIUI OS & launcher portion, you only need the firmware (drivers) thus you can download the file mentioned in the OP, which is just the firmware section extracted and repacked from the MIUI ROM with the same version number (in this example being V12.5.1.0.RJKMIXM)
If, for example, you already had MIUI ROM V12.5.1.0.RJKMIXM installed, you could directly install LOS without needing to first flash the firmware file. Without the extracted firmware portion you would have to actually first install the MIUI ROM, then erase and install LOS which is a lot of extra time and effort, thus some kind soul has extracted the firmware to make everyone's life easier.

Although this still leaves the question of how to determine MIUI firmware version currently active on the device, once LOS is installed..

Reactions: solnyshok

ali nz

@SebaUbuntu
First of all thanks for such a stable and daily driver Rom and official support...
I've noticed when i lock my screen e.g when I'm in setting menu, FP sensor doesn't work on ambient display till i press the power botton and go to lockscreen
It's strange because if i try that on lockscreen it works (turn off the screen on lockscreen and FP works on ambient display)
I hope i could explain it good enough to understand
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210804-041300_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210804-041300_Settings.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 54

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources:
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Hi everyone, the moment is finally here, OSS vendor!
    Please check post #1 and #2 for instructions
    Next update should hopefully have SELinux enforcing
    New build is out with SELinux enforcing and OSS kernel (and much more)

Check post #2 for info
    Clean flash may be required
    Note: Build repushed with brightness fix, you can dirty flash it over previous 18.1 build