• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][R][OSS] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2
Hello,
I've recently purchased this device and I requested to unlock boot-loader.It stills in process. It will unlock next week.
I am going to flash LOS when unlocking process is finished.

My firmware version is 12.5.2.0(RJUTRXM). Can I flash LOS recovery and do adb sideload without any issue with this firmware? Because I don't have the V12.5.5.0 yet.
up to 12.5.x.x is good to go, personally i prefer the lineage's method than twrp... (more clean to me)
you can follow the official tutorial
< https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/vayu/install >
i have been using it since mi a1, mi a2

Last edited:
Reactions: egemrc

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
up to 12.5.x.x is good to go, personally i prefer the lineage's method than twrp... (more clean to me)
you can follow the official tutorial
< https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/vayu/install >
i have been using it since mi a1, mi a2

HastaPasta

Oct 11, 2021
Hi.

I installed lineagos 18.1 and have been very impressed.

The recovery was swapped to TWRP and it's rooted with Magisk.

No updates have been applied yet. I'm confused about if update will break the root.

Is the magisk root affected by LOS 18.1 update??

HastaPasta

Oct 11, 2021
hello, excuse me, did you root it or the rom is prerooted?
Thanks for responding. I followed vayu instructions and ended up with all working great except no root

I couldn't do root with LOS recovery, so then followed instruction to swap the LOS recovery to TWRP. That all works, and installed magisk with it for root which also works fine.

No GAPPS installed except a patch to get GCAM working

Being a noob, I'm trying not to brick it in an update

Reactions: d_g_m_2000

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2
Thanks for responding. I followed vayu instructions and ended up with all working great except no root

I couldn't do root with LOS recovery, so then followed instruction to swap the LOS recovery to TWRP. That all works, and installed magisk with it for root which also works fine.

No GAPPS installed except a patch to get GCAM working

Being a noob, I'm trying not to brick it in an update
that's nice, i don't know if you can brick it if you update lineage (a dirty flash) i always preach and performe clean flash to avoid unnecesary bugs (which i learn it throught time) and this device is my only one, so thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
Hi.

I installed lineagos 18.1 and have been very impressed.

The recovery was swapped to TWRP and it's rooted with Magisk.

No updates have been applied yet. I'm confused about if update will break the root.

Is the magisk root affected by LOS 18.1 update??
You can root with LOS recovery, I did it personally but LOS recovery does not support OTA decryption thus the survival script will not run. Therefore, in the end you still have to use TWRP or OrangeFox. You still however have to make sure decryption is enabled in those recovery settings.

HastaPasta

Oct 11, 2021
that's nice, i don't know if you can brick it if you update lineage (a dirty flash) i always preach and performe clean flash to avoid unnecesary bugs (which i learn it throught time) and this device is my only one, so thanks for the info.
Hi.
We can create a full backup on TWRP to overcome any potential brick issues by the looks of it. Titanium backup app doesn't seem to have stayed up to date to handle split APKs, plus some other issues

Reactions: d_g_m_2000
Hi.
We can create a full backup on TWRP to overcome any potential brick issues by the looks of it. Titanium backup app doesn't seem to have stayed up to date to handle split APKs, plus some other issues

Both TWRP and OrangeFox are BROKEN for backup/restore on Poco X3 PRO.
Do NOT trust them for that.

The best alternatives are the apps:
Migrate
Swift Backup
OAndBackupX
App Manager

Reactions: HastaPasta

eriol1

Feb 16, 2015
so the video recording issue is still not fixed? I'm very sad now
I'm on 18.1-20211015-NIGHTLY-vayu (with lineage recovery, open gapps pico, magisk root) and video recording does not work in stock camera.
With gcam it works, so that's a workaround for now.

Anyone else have an issue where the phone reports "charging slowly" even though charging works fine?
The phone charged from 10% to 100% in ~70 minutes, and all along the lock screen said charging slowly.

HastaPasta

Oct 11, 2021
The GPS location data is very patchy and unreliable... The location data is not passing through correctly to browsers and OsmAnd

There's an issue. The location icon appears then vanishes. It shows occasionally when called by app. Sometimes it stays on and the apps work, but mostly it doesn't function. Tried disabled apps too, makes no difference

Not sure why??

Other than that it's great especially the GCAM

Last edited:

HastaPasta

Oct 11, 2021

Migrate
Swift Backup
OAndBackupX
App Manager
Hi thanks for that

This a bit new for me. Could you identify which is best provided package has instructions. Are these apks or new recovery to replace TWRP?

dey18

Sep 11, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Suggestion to maintainer @SebaUbuntu .
Please retain the previous media controls which were changed in the 22nd October build. The new one may be optimised for bigger displays like tablets and in annoying on this phone as it takes up lots of space.

Before
IMG_20211030_223507_579.jpg

Before expanded
IMG_20211030_223455_143.jpg

After
IMG_20211030_223635_262.jpg

After(expanded)
IMG_20211030_223637_826.jpg

dey18

Sep 11, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Please retain the previous media controls which were changed in the 22nd October build. The new one may be optimised for bigger displays like tablets and in annoying on this phone as it takes up lots of space.

Before
View attachment 5445345

Before expanded
View attachment 5445347

After
View attachment 5445351
After(expanded)
View attachment 5445355
After the update there is a lot of space wasted and notifications are cluttered.

Hi thanks for that

This a bit new for me. Could you identify which is best provided package has instructions. Are these apks or new recovery to replace TWRP?

All those are backup apps.

Migrate is free and closed source, available on Play Store, official support thread here on XDA.

Swift Backup is free/paid, closed source, a Google account is mandatory, available on Play Store, official thread on XDA.

OAndBackupX and App Manager are free and open source, available on F-Droid and on Github.

All them need root to backup / restore and do local backups.
Migrate and Swift Backup have more features, do more complete backups.
All helps a lot for both ROM switching and routine backups.

Last edited:
Reactions: HastaPasta

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013

Before
View attachment 5445345

Before expanded
View attachment 5445347

After
View attachment 5445351
After(expanded)
View attachment 5445355

Those changes are made in generic lineage, maintainer only make sure lineage work on the their devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in my case i use the official lineage method with the 12.5.5 firmware. but lineage is not a google play certificated device rom... but arrow os is. hope you make it!
    i will make a permanent safetynet fix very soon (in a few days) ... stay tuned guys !
    Hi All,

The Permanent SafetyNet Fix is Here. (Only for LineageOS 18.1)

Enjoy !
    Hello, everyone! I bought POCO X3 Pro recently, so now I am choosing a good ROM for it.
    My priorities are security, privacy and stability.
    From my experience on other smartphones, I love the concept of projects like LineageOS and MicroG, but I'm not really familiar with other popular ROM's here.
    I want to ask a few questions about official version of LineageOS. Maybe some users here can help me find answers to them.
    1. Are everything more or less stable these days? Is every function of our device works correctly, or some of them not yet? What exactly are not work or work bad/not really good at the moment? I don't need NFC support and SafetyNet certification features at all, so I'm fine with that if these two are not working.
    2. How about camera? I read here in this topic that Google Camera should work fine on Lineage, but how good is it exactly? What modes and lenses works, what not? How many megapixels we can get with GCam? Maybe, there are also some good MIUI camera ports or OpenCamera versions, that I should know about?
    3. Are answers on the questions above fit also for LineageOS for MicroG project? I understand, that you can not guarantee it at all, but should it be the same at least in theory on same versions of Lineage build?
    Great thanks for any answers and help in advance! Just want to know few details before actually flashing the ROM =)
    Call recording is not enabled.

The stock camera app is partially broken but on gcam with custom configs, there are 3 camera modules so I assume all the lenses are working. I don't really know much about this camera stuffs.

I don't use microg but I assume it should work.
    Hi.

Migrate
    Swift Backup
    OAndBackupX
    App Manager
    Hi thanks for that

All those are backup apps.

Migrate is free and closed source, available on Play Store, official support thread here on XDA.

Swift Backup is free/paid, closed source, a Google account is mandatory, available on Play Store, official thread on XDA.

OAndBackupX and App Manager are free and open source, available on F-Droid and on Github.

All them need root to backup / restore and do local backups.
    Migrate and Swift Backup have more features, do more complete backups.
    All helps a lot for both ROM switching and routine backups.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources:
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    Someone asked?
    New update out
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    The next build should be official (thanks to SebaUbuntu) - https://www.lineageoslog.com/18.1/vayu