• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][R][OSS] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
Still doesn't work here!
wait for next nightly :|

hmm i seem a little bit stuck on installing los 18.1 on a new poco x3 pro. i tried it as i normaly did, with a clean first install but on step seems not to work like on other phones i already installed los (mi 9 lite, poco x3 without pro, poco m3 just to mention the phones i installed lately)

thats what i did:

it was at stock on latest eu official rom 12.5.3.0

1. unlock Phone
2. install twrp (took the official one 3.6.11 i think) via fastboot
3. directly boot into twrp recovery to make it permanently
4. there format data (confirm with yes)
5. reboot to recovery (to get the partititons back)
6. install latest los nightly

but with steps 4-5 there seems to be a problem - because after rebooting into recovery in step 5 i usually copied the los zip over and then continued with step 6 but now on x3 pro the file system on the pc does not show up so i can not copy anything to it but on the phone it shows normaly with ~200gigs of space

when i copy the los.zip onto an sdcard so that i do not need to copy it onto the phone after step 5 i get error 1 because some partitions like /system_ext; /product; /vendor and /odm can not be mounted.

so how can i perform a really clean install if format data does not seem to work ? or is there another way to go with the poco x3 pro to get a clean install with formated data ?

In Poco X3 Pro, once you format data, you will lose the data partition until you boot into system. Since you already lost your data partition, you need to install via sideload.

ilovebytes

Sep 2, 2010
yeah thanks for clearification - as i said i did install a stock rom with miflash to get the partitions back and did it then like @k3lcior said - format data after installing los and gapps and this way it worked like it should.

but the install would also have worked withou doing this and just installing los from the external sd card - the error 1 i got was not because i did format data before installing los but because my los.zip somehow got corrupted during download or coping it to the sd card.

After downloading newest nightly again it worked like a charm also when formating data before installing, but only from external sd card, as built in memory is not available from pc, because of how you said data partition is lost until next boot into system.

TheMrTesla

Aug 22, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
The stock recorder is just a voice recorder though....
Screenshot_20211202-181541_WhatsApp.png

The stock recorder used to look like this
edit: i had an old phone with lineage 17.1 --> updated it to 18.1 and i got the recorder which could only record sounds.
managed to grab the old apk though but couldn't install it.

-------------------------

Also, what happened to ''local terminal'' in 18.1?

Last edited:

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
View attachment 5473265

The stock recorder used to look like this
edit: i had an old phone with lineage 17.1 --> updated it to 18.1 and i got the recorder which could only record sounds.
managed to grab the old apk though but couldn't install it.

-------------------------

Also, what happened to ''local terminal'' in 18.1?
There is a builtin recorder at notification quick settings, I think that could record screen.

The built in terminal is removed, AOSP deprecated it.

Top Liked Posts