Development [ROM][T][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

qlum

Sep 28, 2013
ZTE Axon 7
Hello!

I recently switched from dotOS to the official Lineage build (thank you for the support) and I noticed I can not use the macro lense when using gcam... That wasn't the issue on dotOS and I wonder if it's a matter of "just adding a few lines of code" or something more complicated. If it isn't a huge hassle, I would really appreciate if using the macro lense becomes possible in the next OTA :)

Thanks in advance :)

P.S.: The build itself is super smooth and stable, I did not encounter any other issues so far except for the macro lense thing.
I have noticed the same thing, though I never tried dotOS, the ultrawide lis also not supported.
That being said, neither of these camera sensors are that great.

Ramesh006

Jan 15, 2014
i have flashed latest version on top of miui 12.04. i know the recommended firmware is higher but due to ghost touch issue i decided to stay in 12.04. everything works. HGMI runs smoothAF, battery backup was excellent. charging speed also good. without any custom kernel i got this cpu score. using without gapps, all my apps restored perfectly with swiftbackup. i never had this cpu score on stock or other custom roms with custom kernel.
Thanks developer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210920-071243_CPU_Throttling_Test.png
    Screenshot_20210920-071243_CPU_Throttling_Test.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: wilsonhlacerda

schasch

Jun 20, 2013
igg.me
@SebaUbuntu

Many thanks for bringing official LOS to the X3 Pro.
My poco F1 display is broken, so I need new SD-compatible-xiaomi with official LOS.
Do you have plans to long time support official LOS in future?

regards

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
i have flashed latest version on top of miui 12.04. i know the recommended firmware is higher but due to ghost touch issue i decided to stay in 12.04. everything works. HGMI runs smoothAF, battery backup was excellent. charging speed also good. without any custom kernel i got this cpu score. using without gapps, all my apps restored perfectly with swiftbackup. i never had this cpu score on stock or other custom roms with custom kernel.
Thanks developer.
Stock ArrowOS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210920-133929.png
    Screenshot_20210920-133929.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 149

dey18

Huge thanks to @SebaUbuntu for official Lineage support and OSS tree
I just want to know why CTS fails even though the vbmeta.img is signed (and can it be resolved by using a blank vnmeta.img ?). And if not AVB, what causes CTS to fail?

Attached signature of blank vbmeta.img

Attachments

• blank vbmeta.img signature.png
    blank vbmeta.img signature.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013

So you see, I was curious how come your graph is so consistent while @Ramesh006 had a drop after awhile. I went to playstore to dig up the said app and interestingly, I also had the same drop on my first run!

Then, half an hour later, I run again, I started at the dropped range, I wonder why.

Numerous hours later, I tried again and at 4th minute mark, it drop again and then I got a brilliant idea! I put the phone in my fridge and it goes up!!! So in conclusion, either lineage try to keep the phone cool or you are in a cool environment or arrowos doesn't throttle to keep phone cool.

Screenshot_20210921-173459_CPU_Throttling_Test.png

In all honestly though, if performance is a primary concern, one should have top up a little more to buy Poco F3

Last edited:

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
Thanks for your response. The question was about the reason for the failure and not fixes to make it pass! Hope you understand that.

Your respond truly puzzle me.

The link tell you what is safetynet, why it fail and why lineage dev don't want to "fix" it.

Then telling you how to technically fix it is also indirectly telling you why it technically fail.

dey18

Your respond truly puzzle me.

The link tell you what is safetynet, why it fail and why lineage dev don't want to "fix" it.

Then telling you how to technically fix it is also indirectly telling you why it technically fail.
Sorry I don't seem to understand why it fails thought I've gone through the article. Can you please explain that in your words. Also can you confirm whether using a blank vbmeta.img mentioned above will help pass (not bypass) CTS.

Last edited:

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
Sorry I don't seem to understand why it fails thought I've gone through the article. Can you please explain that in your words. Also can you confirm whether using a blank vbmeta.img mentioned above will help pass (not bypass) CTS.
I see where the potential problem now.

Are you referring to Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) Profile of Safetynet or something else?

If is the same CTS I am referring to, then, what puzzle me is what has vbmeta has to do with it? AFAIK, when people flash vbmeta, they are trying to install GSI roms because they need to disable AVB but that also puzzle me because you are posting in this thread thus you are not installing GSI rom unless you are posting in wrong thread?

If it is something else, then that is beyond my knowledge.

Lastly, as mentioned early, if you are using this rom, then by factory, the device fingerprint of this rom is invalid thus CTS will fail, the technical fix is to use magisk change it.

Last edited:

X4r3X

Sep 10, 2021
Hello!

I recently switched from dotOS to the official Lineage build (thank you for the support) and I noticed I can not use the macro lense when using gcam... That wasn't the issue on dotOS and I wonder if it's a matter of "just adding a few lines of code" or something more complicated. If it isn't a huge hassle, I would really appreciate if using the macro lense becomes possible in the next OTA :)

Thanks in advance :)

P.S.: The build itself is super smooth and stable, I did not encounter any other issues so far except for the macro lense thing.
Hows video recording?

Sn0wPaw

Nov 1, 2015
Hows video recording?
Video recording with the correct xml config works flawlessly (on custom roms usually the OSS ones)... Tho there are a couple of options to choose from, so i'd suggest joining a telegram group and testing each config to find the one best suiting your taste.

Edit: telegram group -
Poco X3 Pro | Photography
Official Group: @pocox3proglobalofficial
- Read rules (/rules), English only
- Only Share Pics Clicked With POCO X3 Pro
- Mention The Camera App Used
- Don't Share More Than 11 Pics
- Photos Must Have Captions
- No Promotion Allowed
- Slight OT Allowed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13 (T) designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS still includes various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a complete list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Upgrade instructions
    Here

Sources
    ROM sources: LineageOS
    Kernel sources: Here
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    Someone asked?
    New update out
    vayu goes LOS19.1 release
    coming soon next friday - is out now!

thx @SebaUbuntu for your work
    Thread updated for LineageOS 20 release