Development [ROM][T][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
Normally as far as I know on setups with multiple camera modules you can switch between them. As can be done on the stock rom this is basically what I tested in aosp, open camera and google camera. Neither seem to work.
So this is what I see in gcam module
Screenshot_20210923-062149_Camera.png
So, I suppose to see 2 more "back" module?

How can I fix the safety net? I have tried a lot of methods with no results
You need to use magisk prop module to change the fingerprint.

Last edited:

Ramesh006

Jan 15, 2014
So you see, I was curious how come your graph is so consistent while @Ramesh006 had a drop after awhile. I went to playstore to dig up the said app and interestingly, I also had the same drop on my first run!

Then, half an hour later, I run again, I started at the dropped range, I wonder why.

Numerous hours later, I tried again and at 4th minute mark, it drop again and then I got a brilliant idea! I put the phone in my fridge and it goes up!!! So in conclusion, either lineage try to keep the phone cool or you are in a cool environment or arrowos doesn't throttle to keep phone cool.

View attachment 5415169

In all honestly though, if performance is a primary concern, one should have top up a little more to buy Poco F3
you are 100% correct. i have flashed arrow with ngk kernel then played with 90 fps from full charge sitting in front of a table fan. phone was always hot after 2hr30 mins battery came to 15%. i was shocked seeing battery at 15% in lineage after this game play i usually left with 50-70% battery. coming back to lineage os

TM147

Jul 21, 2018
Hello,
I have a question about the "Flashing instructions".
It says "Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process". On other models I have, I should format the system partition before installing Lineage. Why not here?

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
Hello,
I have a question about the "Flashing instructions".
It says "Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process". On other models I have, I should format the system partition before installing Lineage. Why not here?
you can't format system, it doesn't allow you to do it
furthermore, by flashing an image file, you basically overriding the entire partition

Reactions: TM147

TM147

Jul 21, 2018
you can't format system, it doesn't allow you to do it
furthermore, by flashing an image file, you basically overriding the entire partition
Now I'm a bit confused. On my other Redmi Note 5Pro, it's official

- Now tap wipe.
- Now tap Format Data and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage.
- Return to the previous menu and tap Advanced Wipe, then select the Cache and System partitions and then Swipe to Wipe.

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
Now I'm a bit confused. On my other Redmi Note 5Pro, it's official

- Now tap wipe.
- Now tap Format Data and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage.
- Return to the previous menu and tap Advanced Wipe, then select the Cache and System partitions and then Swipe to Wipe.
becoz that is old device
new xiaomi device doesn't allow you to format system, regardless if you want to do it or not

Reactions: TM147

dey18

I see where the potential problem now.

Are you referring to Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) Profile of Safetynet or something else?

If is the same CTS I am referring to, then, what puzzle me is what has vbmeta has to do with it? AFAIK, when people flash vbmeta, they are trying to install GSI roms because they need to disable AVB but that also puzzle me because you are posting in this thread thus you are not installing GSI rom unless you are posting in wrong thread?

If it is something else, then that is beyond my knowledge.

Lastly, as mentioned early, if you are using this rom, then by factory, the device fingerprint of this rom is invalid thus CTS will fail, the technical fix is to change the device fingerprint in both system and vendor, or use magisk.
I've read that one of the possible reasons for CTS to fail is for to AVB flags red status. See under notes here .
That's why I was alone whether the vbmeta.img flashed while installing GSI's might disable AVB check and CTS might pass without needing Magisk or other software.
Would be very helpful if you could try it on your device and report the results here!

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
I've read that one of the possible reasons for CTS to fail is for to AVB flags red status. See under notes here .
That's why I was alone whether the vbmeta.img flashed while installing GSI's might disable AVB check and CTS might pass without needing Magisk or other software.
Would be very helpful if you could try it on your device and report the results here!
After refreshing my understanding, I have to tell you that it is impossible. You cannot fix that, otherwise, you would have find plenty of people talking about such fix, right?

Also, I would like to correct myself that you cannot simply change device fingerprint to get CTS working. You can only use magisk to do the heavy lifting.

Lastly, this isn't a gsi rom or thread, you should head to project treble forum or start a whole new thread under relevant device forum for help.

Last edited:

dey18

Lastly, this isn't a gsi rom or thread, you should head to project treble forum or start a whole new thread under relevant device forum for help.
No you got it all wrong. You don't seem to understand what I am suggesting. I am saying that the common reason for CTS to fail on lineage is due to AVB flags red status and if we can disable AVB somehow we are passing CTS without having to use Magisk or perform kernel or device hacks.

Regarding the first paragraph, what makes you think I am wrong for suggesting something which no one has talked about. If someone already discussed it why do you think I would ask again?

dey18

After refreshing my understanding, I have to tell you that it is impossible. You cannot fix that, otherwise, you would have find plenty of people talking about such fix, right?
Also how can you blindly say that it is impossible. People not talking about it doesn't mean it is wrong. I hope you try it and confirm it not working.
Sorry if I sounded rude, hope you can understand!

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
No you got it all wrong. You don't seem to understand what I am suggesting. I am saying that the common reason for CTS to fail on lineage is due to AVB flags red status and if we can disable AVB somehow we are passing CTS without having to use Magisk or perform kernel or device hacks.

Regarding the first paragraph, what makes you think I am wrong for suggesting something which no one has talked about. If someone already discussed it why do you think I would ask again?

Erm... Let me elaborate. CTS has two type of eval which are basic and hardware attestation. What you are trying to do, if I am not mistaken, is trying to pass the latter but that is impossible, at least that is what they say. As for why, check this comment
https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/l8pv70/_/gldtde9
While the above said is impossible, a magisk module called "Universal SafetyNet Fix" is made to deal with hardware attestation. All in all, you can only use magisk to defeat the CTS. VBmeta does nothing other than to let you install GSI roms.

Last but not least, I do suggest you to start a new thread as I totally doubt it has anything to do with this thread.

flgmnft

Oct 3, 2011
If I understand correctly, the fingerprint reader is not working. What exactly to do to make it work. Tomorrow I'm going to start uploading the lineage. I would like to embrace everything at once

flgmnft

Oct 3, 2011
Ok, it is working. But i have same issue like on arrow or pixelUI. It restarts several times per hour.

yevac

Jun 14, 2020
Ok, it is working. But i have same issue like on arrow or pixelUI. It restarts several times per hour.
Maybe this is an issue with your specific device? You can see my device current uptime (43hours+) below in screenshot. Version: LineageOS 18.1-20210917-NIGHTLY-vayu.

Still no bugs or issues encountered here. Performance, stability and battery life are all excellent. Also included screenshot of CPU performance benchmark. This is 8GB/256GB vayu and using NGK (No Gravity Kernel). Profile in NGK app is Balance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-142745_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210924-142745_Settings.png
    144 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20210920-170137_CPU_Throttling_Test.png
    Screenshot_20210920-170137_CPU_Throttling_Test.png
    134 KB · Views: 66

flgmnft

Oct 3, 2011
Perhaps it is so. But nothing happened on the July release of arrowOS. I did the update for the august release then and the problems started. Also on Lineage. So I'm uploading the July arrow in a moment and we'll see.

therealkurison

Nov 19, 2015
Video recording with the correct xml config works flawlessly (on custom roms usually the OSS ones)... Tho there are a couple of options to choose from, so i'd suggest joining a telegram group and testing each config to find the one best suiting your taste.

Edit: telegram group -
Poco X3 Pro | Photography
Official Group: @pocox3proglobalofficial
- Read rules (/rules), English only
- Only Share Pics Clicked With POCO X3 Pro
- Mention The Camera App Used
- Don't Share More Than 11 Pics
- Photos Must Have Captions
- No Promotion Allowed
- Slight OT Allowed

so you mean to say it's broken if you don't use an xml?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13 (T) designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS still includes various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a complete list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Upgrade instructions
    Here

Sources
    ROM sources: LineageOS
    Kernel sources: Here
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    Someone asked?
    New update out
    vayu goes LOS19.1 release
    coming soon next friday - is out now!

thx @SebaUbuntu for your work
    Thread updated for LineageOS 20 release