[ROM][OFFICIAL][RACER]Lineage OS 17.1

Search This thread

handaxe

Jul 22, 2015
using this lineageOS port, updated.

Am curious - the advertised specs say the std back camera is 64mb, yet i.t shows as just 16mb.

And the GPS chip should be BEIDOU capable (advertised as such) yet that constellation doesn't show.

Foolishly, I checked none of this on the stock Android. Thoughts?

Thanks

So, I installed the lastest nightly on my edge. I backed-up my sh&t. I restored a bunch afterward with fx connect, a feature of FX. 22gb of music took 20 minutes. Fuk'n schwank.

To install, I:
I rebooted to the bootloader, plugged into my computer. I fastboot'd a twrp image, installed the copy partitions, rebooted, reloaded the twrp image, formatted data, installed lineage, rebooted to go through setup, rebooted, reflashed twrp image, installed magisk.

rebooted.

Things hung, like the camera, email. Settings fired right up....rebooted, stuff started fine. Changed, introduced, some settings. Rebooted to bootloader, reflashed twrp image, installed opengapps, rebooted....everything's fine.

Disabled and installed some apps from apk dumps: firewall, et al. Turn'd the firewall on.

Started installing and setting up the apps, using them one time. Restored signal and the last dump, got my calendar, contacts, music - FX is so wicked. That went on first, really.

In any case - I haven't made a phone call or connected to my car's bluetooth, yet, but - holy **** this is fast. I mean - everything about the phone is faster than stock. It's like whiping around in that hot hatch on roads that are just so fuk'n perfect....

Everything works fine, thus far. It's wicked.

I'm putting gravitobox on now - just rebooted from riru-EdXposed...

EDIT -

one thing I will have to get used to is no edge features - like, I can't choose in display settings which apps to allow that sweet edge or not. Everything is hanging over the edge. I will address the issue as I continue to use the phone.

Gravitybox just fired right up.

RE-EDIT -

removed gravitybox as it interfered with the power off menu. This was without modifying power settings in gravitybox. Sigh.

Last edited:

Nicktsaab

Jan 31, 2020
After extensive testing of this rom, I can report that it is very smooth and stable. The only issue I found is that on Lineage, the phone no longer connects or works properly with USB Accessories. For example, if I plug the phone into Android Auto to my car, it tries to connect as a USB Accessory but it fails. The connection keeps dropping/restarting. I think there is a bug with the USB Driver on lineage.

I have an issue, too. Every once in a while, from sleep, when I click the power button to fire the screen back up, I hear a smooth mechanical noise and the screen stays black. I have to power-button-and-volume-down to reboot it. I was missing full screen for some apps, and that pretty edge lighting, too. There is a LIneage update out today that I am installing as I type. Hope fully that fixes the screen issue. Otherwise, as always, LineageOS is a sweet ride.

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
How come when I install an OS update, it installs it on the wrong partition? I didn't realize this was happening at first, then I booted into recovery and saw it was booted into the wrong partition. I installed it. Perhaps from now on, I should install it in TWRP instead of From the OS?

You developers may think the dual partion system is awesome, but it's nothing but a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS for me. Is there an app that can show you what's all installed on each partition, or is all you can do is boot into each partition and see? Can you disable partition?

Last edited:

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
I don't know what I did, but now I have to do the thumbscan or password to enter the OS settings. Maybe this something new with the March 26th update? How do I turn it off?

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
Just an FYI to you guys who think you lost root after an update: I switched back to the right partition and still had root and the OS update wasn't installed because it was installed on the other partition. Make sure you know which partion is active before and after OS updates and that its the same one both times.

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
OK, NOW I'M REALLY PISSED OFF!!!! I booted into TWRP on the A partition to install the update on the A partition. But it installed it on the B partition because "it was the inactive partition". So I booted into the B partition to install the update on the inactive A partition but it booted into the LINEAGEOS recovery instead of the TWRP recovery (that I had JUST INSTALLED ON IT AND BOOTED INTO AND MADE SURE WHICH PARTITION WAS ACTIVE)! HOW THE **** DID THAT HAPPEN? Does LineageOS install the OS and Recovery at the same time? There's no other possible explanation.

Active partition and booted into partition are the same thing right?

Is anybody gonna help me or am I just talking to myself?

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
Same, same, and same. Also, same.
Apparently everything I described is normal, known behavior.

1. Apparently the way the dual partition system is supposed to work is you use the OS on one while it's updating on the other. Then when you reboot after the update is installed, you boot in to the other partition where the updated version of the OS is. I probably would never have noticed this if it weren't for losing root.

2. When installing the OS, it overwrites TWRP with the stock recovery(In this case, stock is LineageOS's recovery). Apparently that also happens with OS upgrades. Apparently there are ways to make TWRP permanent, but don't know how successful they are.

3. Apparently losing root is normal when upgrading the OS too. I don't know what to do about that.

Reactions: handaxe

handaxe

Jul 22, 2015

CyberPsyk0

Mar 31, 2021
So, first off, let me say thanks for all the hard work. I am truly thankful for what you've done. That being said, I am having some issues. The short story is the bio scanner doesn't work and carrier trouble (data & mms). Read on for details...

I have been using LineageOs for quite a while now (going back three phones now).I ordered a refurbished edge from ebay and the first thing I did was install LineageOs. Everything worked fine except mms.

I am on Ting Mobile and at the time, I was using the V1 SIM (Verizon network) for cellular data. After one day, I was still trying to figure out the mms issue and my screen started to go (the usual green tint, purple blobs, etc). I called Motorola and they said the phone was still under warranty. They sent me a brand new replacement and I returned the first one back to factory.

I got the new phone and did the same thing. This screen is still working fine. However, during the initial startup, the bio scanner didn't detect any finger print. The image for the scanner does come up, and when I put my thumb on it, the backlight lights and it looks like it wants to scan it, but nothing happens. I was hoping the latest update would've fixed it but it hasn't. That's the first issue.

Other than that, it seemed to work. I had cellular data but no mms. I followed the help pages from Ting and made sure my APN settings were correct. I was using the the Ting V1 SIM card (this is Verizon's network). I even chatted with tech support to have them help. Nothing worked. So, at that point I decided to switch to Ting's X3 SIM card - using the T-Mobile network. They verified this phone is compatible and sent me the SIM.

I figured this would be a good idea to see if starting from scratch with a fresh image to see if that solves the bio scanner issue... nope. I activated the T-Mobile SIM and now I have no cellular data at all. When I go to Settings->About Phone->SIM Status, the "Mobile Data Network Type" is "Unknown." There were no APNs listed by default either ( yes I have tried manually entering them too). Ting tech support has verified my settings are correct.

So, at this point I guess I am willing to give logs or help in any way I can to solve these issues. I am not a phone develeoper (my expertise is network security). Maybe the replacement phone I got is a newer version of the Edge? I don't know.

Talysdaddy

Apr 15, 2013
sEAtOWn, WA
So, first off, let me say thanks for all the hard work. I am truly thankful for what you've done. That being said, I am having some issues. The short story is the bio scanner doesn't work and carrier trouble (data & mms). Read on for details...

I have been using LineageOs for quite a while now (going back three phones now).I ordered a refurbished edge from ebay and the first thing I did was install LineageOs. Everything worked fine except mms.

I am on Ting Mobile and at the time, I was using the V1 SIM (Verizon network) for cellular data. After one day, I was still trying to figure out the mms issue and my screen started to go (the usual green tint, purple blobs, etc). I called Motorola and they said the phone was still under warranty. They sent me a brand new replacement and I returned the first one back to factory.

I got the new phone and did the same thing. This screen is still working fine. However, during the initial startup, the bio scanner didn't detect any finger print. The image for the scanner does come up, and when I put my thumb on it, the backlight lights and it looks like it wants to scan it, but nothing happens. I was hoping the latest update would've fixed it but it hasn't. That's the first issue.

Other than that, it seemed to work. I had cellular data but no mms. I followed the help pages from Ting and made sure my APN settings were correct. I was using the the Ting V1 SIM card (this is Verizon's network). I even chatted with tech support to have them help. Nothing worked. So, at that point I decided to switch to Ting's X3 SIM card - using the T-Mobile network. They verified this phone is compatible and sent me the SIM.

I figured this would be a good idea to see if starting from scratch with a fresh image to see if that solves the bio scanner issue... nope. I activated the T-Mobile SIM and now I have no cellular data at all. When I go to Settings->About Phone->SIM Status, the "Mobile Data Network Type" is "Unknown." There were no APNs listed by default either ( yes I have tried manually entering them too). Ting tech support has verified my settings are correct.

So, at this point I guess I am willing to give logs or help in any way I can to solve these issues. I am not a phone develeoper (my expertise is network security). Maybe the replacement phone I got is a newer version of the Edge? I don't know.
Wow you clearly enjoy telling stories, however 97% of the of info you give is irrelevant to the issue you're having. How about focusing instead on why you chose comment in this thread? You'll have much more success in resolving issues you're having with your phone, your story can be based on that and only that.
You wrote all this stuff and yet I'm sure I'm not the only one confused on what the problem is. Is it as simple as your APN isn't sticking? Was that you're only issue? Did you hit "save" after entering the correct APN? It shows no APN after you exit and return to that screen? More details here would help us, help you.

CyberPsyk0

Mar 31, 2021
Wow you clearly enjoy telling stories, however 97% of the of info you give is irrelevant to the issue you're having. How about focusing instead on why you chose comment in this thread? You'll have much more success in resolving issues you're having with your phone, your story can be based on that and only that.
You wrote all this stuff and yet I'm sure I'm not the only one confused on what the problem is. Is it as simple as your APN isn't sticking? Was that you're only issue? Did you hit "save" after entering the correct APN? It shows no APN after you exit and return to that screen? More details here would help us, help you.
I was elaborating so there would be no question as to what I've done. Yes the APN "stuck." However, even with an APN - if the data network is still "unknown" then I think there's a different issue going on. Secondly, the bio scanner not working is not something I did or didn't do (I don't think).

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
I have an issue, too. Every once in a while, from sleep, when I click the power button to fire the screen back up, I hear a smooth mechanical noise and the screen stays black. I have to power-button-and-volume-down to reboot it. I was missing full screen for some apps, and that pretty edge lighting, too. There is a LIneage update out today that I am installing as I type. Hope fully that fixes the screen issue. Otherwise, as always, LineageOS is a sweet ride.
Black screen on wake is a known bug with custom roms. It's not guaranteed to pop up, but every now and then it happens. On LOS18 I pointed out that the screen's brightness is actually at 0% (tho below stock's min brightness).

When the screen is black the phone remains operational, and will continue to play music or whatever. Wake the phone once it turns dark, and blindly pull down the shade to raise your brightness.

If your screen becomes dark again, call your phone to check for a response. No ringtone means sleep of death, rather than what I mentioned above.

I tried to operate it as if the screen were visible - tried pulling down the shade, tried using stuff I knew was there - it didn't ever work. Always have had to reboot. I keep thinking about going back to stock, and just tightening (disabling, blocking, preventing, firewall, all that) the phone up, but....I'm also thinking about getting a pixel and running calyxos, but, I like the edge.

Man, I don't even need this stupid device! Heh.

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
Black screen on wake is a known bug with custom roms. It's not guaranteed to pop up, but every now and then it happens. On LOS18 I pointed out that the screen's brightness is actually at 0% (tho below stock's min brightness).

When the screen is black the phone remains operational, and will continue to play music or whatever. Wake the phone once it turns dark, and blindly pull down the shade to raise your brightness.

If your screen becomes dark again, call your phone to check for a response. No ringtone means sleep of death, rather than what I mentioned above.
So that's all that happens with this bug? The brightness is just set to 0? LOL
I'll have to try the blindly pulling down the shade solution(rehearsing it ahead of time) if it ever happens again. It seems to happen less with the OS ROM updates though.

I'm still having the random reboot problem, but it's not so random. It happens when I'm using Firefox. I'll have to try another browser and see if it still happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:

This is the unofficial Lineage OS thread for the Motorola Edge, codename racer.

We support all the T-Mobile, International, and Project Fi variants, as their bootloaders are unlockable, while we can't support the Verizon and AT&T variants, as their bootloaders are permanently locked.

How to install:
    • Boot the newest lineage recovery .img from the Link (or use TWRP).
    • IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK AND WANT TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROMS FOR FIRST TIME, INSTALL "Copy Partitions Zip" FROM POST #2
    • In Recovery, click "Format Data".
    • ADB sideload the newest weekly
    • Click "Reboot, then choose "Recovery", this will boot you to either Lineage Recovery or TWRP depending on your choice to install TWRP or not. It is necessary to reboot between ROM flash and GApps/Addon flash due to verity/slot-swap logic.
    • (Optionally) Flash GApps - MindTheGApps arm64 are recommended, OpenGApps are compatible with A/B as of 09102018, but I still only recommend and support MindTheGApps.
    • Reboot

Download:
    Screenshots:
    Screenshot_20210125-225025_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210125-225034_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225048_LineageOS_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225053_LineageOS_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225100_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225105_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225109_Advanced_settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225115_Advanced_settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225203_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210125-225216_Camera.pngScreenshot_20210125-225258_Trebuchet.png

XDA:DevDB Information

Lineage OS 17.1, ROM for the Motorola Edge

Contributors

erfanoabdi, @SyberHexen, @Jleeblanch, Lineage Team
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS & https://github.com/moto-sm7250

ROM OS Version: 10.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10

Version Information
    Stable
    Motorola Edge (racer) Gets Official LineageOS 17.1!

Good news as you can see in the LineageOS Wiki the Motorola Edge (racer) is now officially supported with LineageOS 17.1.
    Nice to have an other recent 2020 device added to the roster.
    Supported models
    • XT2063-2
    • XT2063-3
    Note that it may take up to 1 week for the ROM & Lineage recovery downloads to become available for this device if all goes well with the Lineage automated builder: https://download.lineageos.org/racer

Thank you to the volunteer LineageOS maintainers @erfanoabdi, @SyberHexen, & @Jleeblanch. ↑ (ツ)
    The last posts in this thread have been edited/deleted. I take this opportunity to remember where you can read the forum rules
    After reading the rules and even though you think something is against it, you should use the report button instead of create spam topics that bring nothing of value to our community.

Thank you!
    FSadino
    What? If I build you a thing and then you go and change it, you don't get to come to me and say: honor your warranty. I warranty my work, not yours. Warranties honor: as delivered, presented, or, installed. IN this case, you're uppity because someone built a thing for you, you want to change it, and still hold them accountable if you break it.

Good luck with that.

What? If you built me a piece of HARDWARE, and that HARDWARE had HARDWARE failures unrelated to SOFTWARE, you're darn right I'd expect you to honor that HARDWARE warranty.

Unless Motorola (or any other phone maker) can prove that the software modifications CAUSED the hardware failure, it seems to me they're using it as an excuse. This same kind of thing happened with automotive modifications back in the day, and that's why we have the Magnuson-Moss Act to protect against this wholesale warranty voiding based on modifications. (You had car companies trying to void engine warranties because somebody installed an aftermarket stereo.)

Put another way: if Dell voided the warranty on my XPS laptop because I installed Linux on it instead of Windows that came with it, I'd sue their butts. Samsung/Motorola/etc get away with this crap because they have more expensive lawyers than XDA peeps.