• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][RACER]Lineage OS 17.1

Search This thread

Cris19752008

Jun 23, 2021
hello friends, I am very new to the moto edge. Can someone pass me the link on how to root this computer please ?!

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
That whole screen going black is bullshit although it's only happened to me once or twice recently. I feel like it might be pebcak related, at least a little. On more than one occasion I may have fast-fingered my way into darkness.
Could you tell me specifically how I could be doing it? If you mean I inadvertently turned the brightness adjustment thats at the top of the status bar pull down menu all the way down down, I tested that and even when it's all the way down, the screen isn't black. How else could it be done?

bronkish

Naw, not the slider, I don't thik this is slider related at all. Also, it's obvious that the screen is not on and simply dim - it's a blackout - no screen.

I can remember on 2 occasions I may have hit some combination of power-button/screen tap/maybe a stray vol up or down (fat-finger) in quick succession as the screen was waking/going dark, immediately following the screen waking on its own. Like; I wanted to turn the screen bacon on after I had already woken it, it had timed out, and there I was pressing buttons. I'm not saying this is the cause, nor am I saying that I (or, you) am a mad-button-pusher, I'm trying to objectively look for causes in order to establish or eliminate a 'user' effect. I'm not trying too hard, though, as this issue is not-at-all as common as it was a month or so ago for me.

'Course, I've never seen this issue on another phone/ROM that I was using.

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
'Course, I've never seen this issue on another phone/ROM that I was using.
I never had it or the random reboot with the stock ROM, I don't think. Most likely it's the ROM. I switched to LineageOS to de-Google-fy my phone, which it's doing with no problem. Having these issues is a small price to pay for that, so I'll live with them.

skalogre

Dec 14, 2011
Not sure if I should be glad or not that I am not the only one , but ,I have definitely experienced this.
The only thing I have been able to work out is as mentioned it has to do with the hardware buttons. I have come close to reproducing it and it always seemed to involve using the power button (single tap) to lock phone and turn screen off. I thought I would activate instead the options in the settings to wake screen with the volume buttons or double tap on screen but those do not work for me, at all.
Perhaps the root of the issue is with how LOS 17.1 handles the hardware buttons.

SyberHexen

Not sure if I should be glad or not that I am not the only one , but ,I have definitely experienced this.
The only thing I have been able to work out is as mentioned it has to do with the hardware buttons. I have come close to reproducing it and it always seemed to involve using the power button (single tap) to lock phone and turn screen off. I thought I would activate instead the options in the settings to wake screen with the volume buttons or double tap on screen but those do not work for me, at all.
Perhaps the root of the issue is with how LOS 17.1 handles the hardware buttons.
Thx for this observation. Last time it happened I didn't have adb enabled so I couldn't take a look. I've had it happen minutes after booting and other times the battery can fully drain without occurring.

Reactions: skalogre

bronkish

Happened twice to me yesterday. I have adaptive brightness on, in Livedisplay I have the automatic display mode, power consumption reduced, a 30 second screen timeout, in ambient display gestures I have pick-up and hand wave on. Nova 7 as my launcher, password/fingerprint in use.

Display was off - the phone moved so that quick display popped on - I pressed the power button and the lock screen appeared - I pressed the power button again and the screen went blank - all well so far. I then pressed the power button again and the screen remained off while the phone was running as normal. Screen would not turn back on.

On one occasion the above happened and I flipped the phone over and laid it down. I waited 20 or so seconds and picked the phone up and that quick notification display reappeared. I pressed the power button and the lock screen appeared - all was well. On the other occasion the screen remained off and I had to reboot.

It doesn't always happen, sometimes it fixes itself while most times it doesn't. For me, it's always power button related.

Reactions: skalogre

skalogre

Dec 14, 2011
Can you tell me if there is relation to high light environments / HBM being activated when this happens?

I have not noted a connection, honestly. From my recollection, most just happened indoors in a room with natural /low light.
I have not experienced this since I switched to doubletap to wake/sleep, leading me to believe that it is somehow related to power button to lock/sleep.
I still get the seemingly random reboots every few days or so, but that is a different story.

fthebop

May 11, 2021
Can you tell me if there is relation to high light environments / HBM being activated when this happens?
This issue seems to be a race condition, however I do notice that it happens when I place my Edge on flat surfaces. Sometimes it does happen when you manually lock the phone, sometimes it does it on its own. It might happen two or three times a day. This is a really frustrating issue and it kills the experience and prevents the ROM from being a daily driver.

SyberHexen

This issue seems to be a race condition, however I do notice that it happens when I place my Edge on flat surfaces. Sometimes it does happen when you manually lock the phone, sometimes it does it on its own. It might happen two or three times a day. This is a really frustrating issue and it kills the experience and prevents the ROM from being a daily driver.
Actually it was displaywakeup node in powerhint.json
I've Submitted a patch, so hopefully in the next build this will be resolved

fthebop

May 11, 2021
Actually it was displaywakeup node in powerhint.json
I've Submitted a patch, so hopefully in the next build this will be resolved
That's great to hear. I also meant to add that I notice the bug most when I'm playing audio with the screen off (e.g. VLC).

P.S. Any plans to build Lineage 18.1 for racer?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:

This is the unofficial Lineage OS thread for the Motorola Edge, codename racer.

We support all the T-Mobile, International, and Project Fi variants, as their bootloaders are unlockable, while we can't support the Verizon and AT&T variants, as their bootloaders are permanently locked.

How to install:
    • Boot the newest lineage recovery .img from the Link (or use TWRP).
    • IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK AND WANT TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROMS FOR FIRST TIME, INSTALL "Copy Partitions Zip" FROM POST #2
    • In Recovery, click "Format Data".
    • ADB sideload the newest weekly
    • Click "Reboot, then choose "Recovery", this will boot you to either Lineage Recovery or TWRP depending on your choice to install TWRP or not. It is necessary to reboot between ROM flash and GApps/Addon flash due to verity/slot-swap logic.
    • (Optionally) Flash GApps - MindTheGApps arm64 are recommended, OpenGApps are compatible with A/B as of 09102018, but I still only recommend and support MindTheGApps.
    • Reboot

Download:
    Screenshots:
    Screenshot_20210125-225025_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210125-225034_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225048_LineageOS_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225053_LineageOS_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225100_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225105_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225109_Advanced_settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225115_Advanced_settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225203_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210125-225216_Camera.pngScreenshot_20210125-225258_Trebuchet.png

XDA:DevDB Information

Lineage OS 17.1, ROM for the Motorola Edge

Contributors

erfanoabdi, @SyberHexen, @Jleeblanch, Lineage Team
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS & https://github.com/moto-sm7250

ROM OS Version: 10.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10

Version Information
    Stable
    Motorola Edge (racer) Gets Official LineageOS 17.1!

Good news as you can see in the LineageOS Wiki the Motorola Edge (racer) is now officially supported with LineageOS 17.1.
    Nice to have an other recent 2020 device added to the roster.
    Supported models
    • XT2063-2
    • XT2063-3
    Note that it may take up to 1 week for the ROM & Lineage recovery downloads to become available for this device if all goes well with the Lineage automated builder: https://download.lineageos.org/racer

Thank you to the volunteer LineageOS maintainers @erfanoabdi, @SyberHexen, & @Jleeblanch. ↑ (ツ)
    The last posts in this thread have been edited/deleted. I take this opportunity to remember where you can read the forum rules
    After reading the rules and even though you think something is against it, you should use the report button instead of create spam topics that bring nothing of value to our community.

Thank you!
    FSadino
    Happened twice to me yesterday. I have adaptive brightness on, in Livedisplay I have the automatic display mode, power consumption reduced, a 30 second screen timeout, in ambient display gestures I have pick-up and hand wave on. Nova 7 as my launcher, password/fingerprint in use.

Display was off - the phone moved so that quick display popped on - I pressed the power button and the lock screen appeared - I pressed the power button again and the screen went blank - all well so far. I then pressed the power button again and the screen remained off while the phone was running as normal. Screen would not turn back on.

On one occasion the above happened and I flipped the phone over and laid it down. I waited 20 or so seconds and picked the phone up and that quick notification display reappeared. I pressed the power button and the lock screen appeared - all was well. On the other occasion the screen remained off and I had to reboot.

It doesn't always happen, sometimes it fixes itself while most times it doesn't. For me, it's always power button related.