[ROM][OFFICIAL][RACER]Lineage OS 17.1

Search This thread
Motorola Edge (racer) Gets Official LineageOS 17.1!

Good news as you can see in the LineageOS Wiki the Motorola Edge (racer) is now officially supported with LineageOS 17.1.
Nice to have an other recent 2020 device added to the roster.
Supported models
  • XT2063-2
  • XT2063-3
Note that it may take up to 1 week for the ROM & Lineage recovery downloads to become available for this device if all goes well with the Lineage automated builder: https://download.lineageos.org/racer

Thank you to the volunteer LineageOS maintainers @erfanoabdi, @SyberHexen, & @Jleeblanch. ↑ (ツ)

Moto_Fan

Oct 12, 2020
Depends what my IP address says

@erfanoabdi I dont know what happened or changed from 06/02/21 to 18/02/21 but NONE of my apps bio metrics are lining up for any of the apps including Microsoft Authenticator, Google asking for 2-step via Chrome Browser, seems like anything that isnt stock related....

*edit*
Unfortunately I MUST RUN back to stock. Can anyone else confirm this?

If you would like logs and a screen record of what occurs when pressing either print.

Attachments

• signal-2021-02-21-221139.jpg
    signal-2021-02-21-221139.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
So far two complaints:

1: No Motorola apps.

2: It eliminates WPS. According to several places on the internet, WPS was "depriciated" from Android 10, but this phone comes with Android 10 and I was using WPS just before I switched to LineageOS.

Other than that and a few random reboots or the screen going black, it's awesome!

andylauuuu

Mar 1, 2021
I am from China and my English is not good.
5G no signal, 4G is perfect
The phone cannot connect to the hidden wifi. Can the dial-up software support Chinese T9?

Except for the built-in call app, other apps cannot implement voice calls, such as WeChat and QQ, which can send voices in one segment, but cannot make real-time calls.

Last edited:

andylauuuu

Mar 1, 2021
The phone cannot connect to the hidden wifi. Can the dial-up software support Chinese T9?

Except for the built-in call app, other apps cannot implement voice calls, such as WeChat and QQ, which can send voices in one segment, but cannot make real-time calls.

Last edited:

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
@erfanoabdi I dont know what happened or changed from 06/02/21 to 18/02/21 but NONE of my apps bio metrics are lining up for any of the apps including Microsoft Authenticator, Google asking for 2-step via Chrome Browser, seems like anything that isnt stock related....

*edit*
Unfortunately I MUST RUN back to stock. Can anyone else confirm this?

If you would like logs and a screen record of what occurs when pressing either print.

If I understand correctly, you're saying the fingerprint icon (biometric prompt) doesn't match up with the apps you use? Looking at your screenshot, I assume this is what you mean. And on the previous build you were on, this was fine, but newer build not so much?

I'm on the latest official build myself atm, so I'll flash gapps and check this out.

So far two complaints:

1: No Motorola apps.

2: It eliminates WPS. According to several places on the internet, WPS was "depriciated" from Android 10, but this phone comes with Android 10 and I was using WPS just before I switched to LineageOS.

Other than that and a few random reboots or the screen going black, it's awesome!

Motorola apps? We don't typically ship Moto's apps in custom ROMs unless it's absolutely necessary for some particular functionality, usually hardware related (like a device that supports MotoMods for example).

The WPS feature may be an easy fix, and I'll look into that as well. You said it does indeed work on stock?

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
If I understand correctly, you're saying the fingerprint icon (biometric prompt) doesn't match up with the apps you use? Looking at your screenshot, I assume this is what you mean. And on the previous build you were on, this was fine, but newer build not so much?

I'm on the latest official build myself atm, so I'll flash gapps and check this out.

Motorola apps? We don't typically ship Moto's apps in custom ROMs unless it's absolutely necessary for some particular functionality, usually hardware related (like a device that supports MotoMods for example).

The WPS feature may be an easy fix, and I'll look into that as well. You said it does indeed work on stock?
Yes it did. I think what happened was the stock ROM came with an early version of Android 10 and WPS was removed from a later version and also LineageOS's foundation is a later version of Android 10.

Do you know how I can install the Motorola Software? When I try to install Moto from the Android Play Store it says it's installed already. When I try to install it from an APK file I get "App Not Installed". I want to access the settings for the edge lights.

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
I'm still having the random reboots and black screen problem. I didn't notice this before, but when the screen goes black, everything still works. When I touch the screen I feel the vibrations that you feel when you press a button. One time when the screen went black, I was streaming a radio station and it was still playing. I tried calling my phone because I thought it would wake the screen up. The phone rang, but the screen didn't wake up.

Could you tell me how to save Android's logs to a file so I can see what happened before the reboot for both problems and maybe send you the logs? Is there a particular log level you want, or just leave it on verbose?

Thank you for the work.

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
I'm still having the random reboots and black screen problem. I didn't notice this before, but when the screen goes black, everything still works. When I touch the screen I feel the vibrations that you feel when you press a button. One time when the screen went black, I was streaming a radio station and it was still playing. I tried calling my phone because I thought it would wake the screen up. The phone rang, but the screen didn't wake up.

Could you tell me how to save Android's logs to a file so I can see what happened before the reboot for both problems and maybe send you the logs? Is there a particular log level you want, or just leave it on verbose?

Thank you for the work.
I have also seen this issue with crdroid and PE. ADB shell with a PC is good. Unfortunately this always occur while I'm away from my computer, so I never have a chance to capture a log...

I think the last command creates a file on the device, while -d puts it on your PC. Make sure USB debug is enabled on your phone under developer options.

(From CMD window, in folder of platform tools)
adb devices (to see if functional)
adb shell
logcat -f > logcat.txt

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
I have also seen this issue with crdroid and PE. ADB shell with a PC is good. Unfortunately this always occur while I'm away from my computer, so I never have a chance to capture a log...

I think the last command creates a file on the device, while -d puts it on your PC. Make sure USB debug is enabled on your phone under developer options.

(From CMD window, in folder of platform tools)
adb devices (to see if functional)
adb shell
logcat -f > logcat.txt
I'm not gonna wait by my computer until these problems happen. I'll save the log to the phone and access it with Terminal Emulator. I have over 200GB of free space on my phone which I'm sure is way more than enough space for a week's worth of logs(during which both these problems will occur a few times).

I just typed logcat <filename> in Terminal Emulator and it's being captured and saved on my phone.🙂

Edit: Use the -f switch with the logcat command.

Last edited:

erfanoabdi

Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2015
Tehran
erfanoabdi.github.io

not sure about 5G

but VoIP audio bug is fixed, it will be included in builds soon

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6

Here is a test build that includes Erfan's changes for VoIP. If you (or anyone is welcome) could test the apps you specifically use.

This build has adb enabled by default, perfect for testing 😉

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
Attached is the last 10 minutes of the Logcat log before the screen went black. This happened while the phone was in my pocket. Also, logcat stopped logging when this happened(at 6PM), but I didn't take the phone out of my pocket until 10 minutes later. The phone was working fine except for the screen being black and whatever the last line in the log is referring to:
Code:
03-10 18:00:56.527  1088  1172 W StorageManagerService: storaged not found; trying again

I found that the logcat command behaves differently depending on if you use the -f switch or not. Its best to use it. If you don't, you get a disk full error I think it was, and logging stops while the phone is asleep(but resumes when it wakes up).

Attachments

• Logcat Last 10 minutes.txt
    86.2 KB · Views: 14

Nicktsaab

Jan 31, 2020
I was able to test the the rom on my phone and I gotta say, it's a great rom! Definitely feels smoother and faster than stock. Only issue I found is that Android Auto will not launch. I tried openGapps and mindthegapps and no matter what I do, it won't connect to my car. Since I use android auto for work, I need it to work reliably. If someone can look into the android auto issue, I'd use this rom as my daily driver

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:

This is the unofficial Lineage OS thread for the Motorola Edge, codename racer.

We support all the T-Mobile, International, and Project Fi variants, as their bootloaders are unlockable, while we can't support the Verizon and AT&T variants, as their bootloaders are permanently locked.

How to install:
    • Boot the newest lineage recovery .img from the Link (or use TWRP).
    • IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK AND WANT TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROMS FOR FIRST TIME, INSTALL "Copy Partitions Zip" FROM POST #2
    • In Recovery, click "Format Data".
    • ADB sideload the newest weekly
    • Click "Reboot, then choose "Recovery", this will boot you to either Lineage Recovery or TWRP depending on your choice to install TWRP or not. It is necessary to reboot between ROM flash and GApps/Addon flash due to verity/slot-swap logic.
    • (Optionally) Flash GApps - MindTheGApps arm64 are recommended, OpenGApps are compatible with A/B as of 09102018, but I still only recommend and support MindTheGApps.
    • Reboot

Download:
    Screenshots:
    Screenshot_20210125-225025_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210125-225034_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225048_LineageOS_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225053_LineageOS_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225100_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225105_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225109_Advanced_settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225115_Advanced_settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225203_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210125-225216_Camera.pngScreenshot_20210125-225258_Trebuchet.png

XDA:DevDB Information

Lineage OS 17.1, ROM for the Motorola Edge

Contributors

erfanoabdi, @SyberHexen, @Jleeblanch, Lineage Team
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS & https://github.com/moto-sm7250

ROM OS Version: 10.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10

Version Information
    Stable
    Motorola Edge (racer) Gets Official LineageOS 17.1!

Good news as you can see in the LineageOS Wiki the Motorola Edge (racer) is now officially supported with LineageOS 17.1.
    Nice to have an other recent 2020 device added to the roster.
    Supported models
    • XT2063-2
    • XT2063-3
    Note that it may take up to 1 week for the ROM & Lineage recovery downloads to become available for this device if all goes well with the Lineage automated builder: https://download.lineageos.org/racer

Thank you to the volunteer LineageOS maintainers @erfanoabdi, @SyberHexen, & @Jleeblanch. ↑ (ツ)
    The last posts in this thread have been edited/deleted. I take this opportunity to remember where you can read the forum rules
    After reading the rules and even though you think something is against it, you should use the report button instead of create spam topics that bring nothing of value to our community.

Thank you!
    FSadino
    What? If I build you a thing and then you go and change it, you don't get to come to me and say: honor your warranty. I warranty my work, not yours. Warranties honor: as delivered, presented, or, installed. IN this case, you're uppity because someone built a thing for you, you want to change it, and still hold them accountable if you break it.

Good luck with that.

What? If you built me a piece of HARDWARE, and that HARDWARE had HARDWARE failures unrelated to SOFTWARE, you're darn right I'd expect you to honor that HARDWARE warranty.

Unless Motorola (or any other phone maker) can prove that the software modifications CAUSED the hardware failure, it seems to me they're using it as an excuse. This same kind of thing happened with automotive modifications back in the day, and that's why we have the Magnuson-Moss Act to protect against this wholesale warranty voiding based on modifications. (You had car companies trying to void engine warranties because somebody installed an aftermarket stereo.)

Put another way: if Dell voided the warranty on my XPS laptop because I installed Linux on it instead of Windows that came with it, I'd sue their butts. Samsung/Motorola/etc get away with this crap because they have more expensive lawyers than XDA peeps.