[ROM][OFFICIAL][RACER]Lineage OS 17.1

Search This thread

skalogre

Dec 14, 2011
It happened to me last night.:confused:

Curiously, the reboot was long and rough. Usually the reboot is is pretty fast, but for that one and one or two others, the LineageOS boot up graphic ran for a few minutes and eventually froze. The the phone rebooted and the boot up process finished that time. Shouldn't that be a clue about the cause of the random reboots?

Could we at least agree that the black screen issue has been fixed? Anybody still getting that?
😬
Would you happen to use Nova Launcher and/or have the built-in Seedvault backup setup and running, by any chance?
I suspect those two being involved.

Giblet535

Apr 4, 2012
Just a note of thanks. And one question.

I just installed it (no google spyware. yet.) and I like it. Thank you again.

The LOS camera app is a bit weak. It works, but is there a GCAM port available, or a more feature-rich app like the stock rom app?

officerplonk

Jan 20, 2016
First - thank you to the maintainers for your work.

Does anyone else have audio problems when playing via the 3.5mm headphone jack? Audio over Bluetooth works fine, but the aux jack messes up the sound in a very strange way. When playing a song for example, the first 1sec or so sounds fine, then it's like a bandpass filter kicks in and a lot of the highs and lows get lost. The filter sometimes sweeps around a bit, and occasionally more low-end comes through but it's mostly very nasty compressed midrange. Can't find any device settings that would influence this. I disabled AudioFX completely although it was already off, and that made no difference.

If needed, I can record a sample of the output for debugging purposes.

Edit 2: I just filed a detailed bug report, so hopefully this can go through the proper channels and be addressed. https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/4291

Edit 1: I'm not the only one - someone on the LOS subreddit reported the exact same problem 4 months ago.

Last edited:

Nuub8339

Aug 12, 2021
Still can't get safety net to pass tried setting the device fingerprint and the safety net fix nothing works

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
Did you guys know that LineageOS's Screen Cast is working now?!😲
😲

The sound isn't working though. Is it supposed to? It does in Airplay mode with videos.

Another thing is that the Screen Cast icon in the status bar is the first one I've ever seen there that's not monochromatic. It has red in it!

Edit: I forgot about the battery icon having red in it when the battery is very low. But that's still only 2 non-monochromatic icons.😟

Last edited:

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
If anyone else is wondering why there's been no OS updates in a month and why this thread has gone quiet in the last few months, it's because development of 17 has been discontinued to get ready for Android 12. See here:

So what's going on with development of 18 or 19 for Racer? Are we not gonna see official builds of 18 either to make room for 19? I'm perfectly happy with 17 except for the (not actually random) rebooting problem. Its happening more often now. If somebody could please fix that or at least tell us why exactly it happens, I'll wait patiently for future development. I switched to using LineageOS to de-googlfy my phone, which 17 does a great job of, so I'm a long way from giving up on LineageOS.

There's alpha or beta builds of 18 and 19 for Racer here from last year, but I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to do more than kick the tires or go for a test drive with them?

It's was mentioned in this thread that development of 18 is being discussed on a Telegram page. Link please? Thanks. I've never used Telegram by the way.

dromatriptan

Mar 12, 2022
Yea man, I started down this path on a Google pixel 3a XL and could not believe the difference in performance when I switched to Lineage OS. I also noticed how much less traffic my Pi-hole instance was blocking while running Lineage.

I found the project to be a resounding success and ordered the Moto Edge racer - price-to-specs ratio was hard to ignore.

I'm not necessarily interested in always running the latest Android version. I want to avoid running unofficially supported Lineage OS roms.

I'm especially interested in security patches. With Lineage OS 17 retired, will the security updates also cease?

Jan 30, 2017
España
OPPO Find X3 Neo
I can not install this rom or any other after the security patch of February 1, it stays in the logo and restarts, sometimes it enters and when it detects the Wi-Fi network or mobile signals it turns off. Anyone else with this problem or is it just me? any help to reinstall this rom?

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
Do you mean this security patch? It's not possible for a patch installed in a previously running ROM to have any effect in a newly flashed ROM. Maybe when you backed up everything when the previous ROM was running, that included the security patch. When you restore and reinstall everything, make sure not to include the patch. Or maybe you can just uninstall the patch and not have to re-flash the ROM. It doesn't sound like you're getting that far though. You didn't get the ROM from some dodgy place did you? Does the stock ROM have this problem? You're not talking about a BIOS level security patch are you? That's all I've got.

Apparently it's just you that's having this problem.

Last edited:

P2 friend

Apr 24, 2020
Hi i just installed 18.1 on the xt2063-3. I tried with the official lineage os recovery and twrp 3.5. it just bootloops.
Are there 17.1 builds archived somewhere?
How can i issue this to the developer?
Thanks!

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
Here's one place: https://lineageosroms.com/racer/
But the last build came out in I think March. The latest build on that site is from February.

Did you download 18.1 from the link I posted above? The boot loop was happening for me when I flashed an alpha or beta version of 18.1 just to look around a few months ago.

P2 friend

Apr 24, 2020
I did download it from the link above. lineage-18.1-20220422-nightly-racer-signed.zip
Can I debug this further?

P2 friend

Apr 24, 2020
Thanks for the link, I got one of the 17.1 images (only the one from January and only with twrp) to boot. I will later try to upgrade to 18.1 and report here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:

This is the unofficial Lineage OS thread for the Motorola Edge, codename racer.

We support all the T-Mobile, International, and Project Fi variants, as their bootloaders are unlockable, while we can't support the Verizon and AT&T variants, as their bootloaders are permanently locked.

How to install:
    • Boot the newest lineage recovery .img from the Link (or use TWRP).
    • IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK AND WANT TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROMS FOR FIRST TIME, INSTALL "Copy Partitions Zip" FROM POST #2
    • In Recovery, click "Format Data".
    • ADB sideload the newest weekly
    • Click "Reboot, then choose "Recovery", this will boot you to either Lineage Recovery or TWRP depending on your choice to install TWRP or not. It is necessary to reboot between ROM flash and GApps/Addon flash due to verity/slot-swap logic.
    • (Optionally) Flash GApps - MindTheGApps arm64 are recommended, OpenGApps are compatible with A/B as of 09102018, but I still only recommend and support MindTheGApps.
    • Reboot

Download:
    Screenshots:
    Screenshot_20210125-225025_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210125-225034_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225048_LineageOS_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225053_LineageOS_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225100_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225105_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225109_Advanced_settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225115_Advanced_settings.pngScreenshot_20210125-225203_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210125-225216_Camera.pngScreenshot_20210125-225258_Trebuchet.png

XDA:DevDB Information

Lineage OS 17.1, ROM for the Motorola Edge

Contributors

erfanoabdi, @SyberHexen, @Jleeblanch, Lineage Team
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS & https://github.com/moto-sm7250

ROM OS Version: 10.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10

Version Information
    Stable
    Motorola Edge (racer) Gets Official LineageOS 17.1!

Good news as you can see in the LineageOS Wiki the Motorola Edge (racer) is now officially supported with LineageOS 17.1.
    Nice to have an other recent 2020 device added to the roster.
    Supported models
    • XT2063-2
    • XT2063-3
    Note that it may take up to 1 week for the ROM & Lineage recovery downloads to become available for this device if all goes well with the Lineage automated builder: https://download.lineageos.org/racer

Thank you to the volunteer LineageOS maintainers @erfanoabdi, @SyberHexen, & @Jleeblanch. ↑ (ツ)
    The last posts in this thread have been edited/deleted. I take this opportunity to remember where you can read the forum rules
    After reading the rules and even though you think something is against it, you should use the report button instead of create spam topics that bring nothing of value to our community.

Thank you!
    FSadino
    What? If I build you a thing and then you go and change it, you don't get to come to me and say: honor your warranty. I warranty my work, not yours. Warranties honor: as delivered, presented, or, installed. IN this case, you're uppity because someone built a thing for you, you want to change it, and still hold them accountable if you break it.

Good luck with that.

What? If you built me a piece of HARDWARE, and that HARDWARE had HARDWARE failures unrelated to SOFTWARE, you're darn right I'd expect you to honor that HARDWARE warranty.

Unless Motorola (or any other phone maker) can prove that the software modifications CAUSED the hardware failure, it seems to me they're using it as an excuse. This same kind of thing happened with automotive modifications back in the day, and that's why we have the Magnuson-Moss Act to protect against this wholesale warranty voiding based on modifications. (You had car companies trying to void engine warranties because somebody installed an aftermarket stereo.)

Put another way: if Dell voided the warranty on my XPS laptop because I installed Linux on it instead of Windows that came with it, I'd sue their butts. Samsung/Motorola/etc get away with this crap because they have more expensive lawyers than XDA peeps.