[ROM][OFFICIAL][redfin] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
  • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
  • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware beforehand.
  • To use the eSIM you need to install GApps
Instructions :
  • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
  • Boot to bootloader
  • fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • Boot to recovery
  • Format data
  • Flash LineageOS zip
  • Optionally flash any addons:
    • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the addons
  • Reboot
See https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/redfin/install for more detailed instructions​

Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
  • On the first boot, you might be presented the message "SIM Manager has crashed". You can safely ignore it.
Contributors
aleasto
The LineageOS Team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11

Last edited:

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
Great work @aleasto!

Can't wait to try this Rom, I was waiting for it.

Just a quick question: maybe I'm just a noob, but how can I install the zip without a dedicated recovery? I mean, I'm stuck at point 4 in your instructions.

Thanks a lot!
You can't.
Where exactly are you stuck? To reboot into recovery simply select "Recovery Mode" from the bootloader screen.
The previous steps installed Lineage Recovery.

Reactions: sgnao

knuff

Oct 22, 2007
I have not been able to download the files from Google Drive; "Sorry, you can't download this file a this time. Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently"
__

Edit: works again

Last edited:

sgnao

Sep 9, 2010
Rivergaro (PC)
plus.google.com
Hey everyone, I wanna give an update on my experience with this Rom!

First of all: great job @aleasto!
This Lineage is definitely smoother than stock rom. Seriously, my Pixel 5 feels like a true flagship now, finally the 765 is working like a charm.

_

Now, some little features I do really enjoy:

- percentage only in the status bar (no battery icon needed)
- you can hide the navigation bar (the one at the bottom of the screen) but use the phone as if it was visible
- FINALLY no google assistant swipe-up from the bottom of the screen!

There are also some little bugs, nothing serious:

- with google camera, changing from portrait mode to standard mode (and viceversa) usually slows down a little bit. Maybe it's just my gcam version.
- vocal messages: recording vocal audio messages often does not work. The recording is muted, I haven't figure out how am I able to fix it, but sometimes I am able to do it.

_

A quick guide on how to install this ROM (for lineage os newbies like me):
  1. Unlock the bootloader (here you can read how)
  2. Download all the files from the first post and put them in the "platform tools" folder
  3. Put the Pixel 5 in fastboot mode and connect it to the computer
  4. Open a prompt window in the platform tools folder
  5. Digit these commands:
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    - fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
  6. Now you have to reboot into the recovery from the fastboot menu, just use the volume buttons to search the recovery option and select it with the power button.
  7. You will enter the Lineage Recovery, then select "apply update" -> "apply from ADB"
  8. Go back to your cmd window on your computer and write:
    "ADB sideload xxxxxxxxx.zip" where the "x part" is the name of the ROM zip file (remember to put .zip at the end of the command)
  9. Just wait until the end of the installation (around 5-8 minutes) and then reboot the phone from Lineage OS recovery.
  10. Enjoy!

Personally I wasn't able to install magisk correctly, if anyone got it working just let me know!

Again, thanks Ale for the awesome rom, can't wait to see it becoming official!

Smrurbo

Jan 14, 2021
there was a problem with the microphone, they didn't hear me, but earlier on the proton firmware it was like that too, the solution: to flash another core. Here I also decided to replace the kernel

chimerical26

Jul 30, 2010
there was a problem with the microphone, they didn't hear me, but earlier on the proton firmware it was like that too, the solution: to flash another core. Here I also decided to replace the kernel

That's a pity. I came from Galaxy S8 to Pixel 5 because I LineageOS on S8 had the same problem and I felt that switching to Pixel 5 I would be less likely to encounter problems with basic phone functions. The progress so far is incredible at such an early stage so hopefully this microphone issue can be ironed out eventually.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is new, can we get confirmation of this fix being implemented from dev? @aleasto
    Ah yes, this is definitely new. Not like it comes up once a week on this thread :)

Consider reading my answer right below your question from just few hours ago https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-redfin-lineageos-18-1.4217559/page-18#post-85003107

I also don't understand what's the issue in trying to update and getting the answer yourself. If it ends up unrooted, flashing magisk again takes no more than 30 seconds.

For everyone, do not keep flashing the same old magisk patched boot.img after an update: it should come to no surprise that you are downgrading your kernel by doing so. You *will* eventually break something.

As a final thought. this thread is not Magisk support thread. Thank you.
    The APN list is outdated for AT&T on LineageOS 18.1. My phone won't connect to data services on AT&T because the HPLMN 310-280 is used on my SIM instead of the default AT&T EHPLMN 310-410.

ADB logcat from the radio buffer:
    Code:
    05-13 12:55:20.374  2487  2487 D DCT-C-0 : setupDataOnAllConnectableApns: dataAttached hipri:[state=IDLE,enabled=false] mcx:[state=IDLE,enabled=false] xcap:[state=IDLE,enabled=false] fota:[state=IDLE,enabled=false] ims:[state=IDLE,enabled=false] cbs:[state=IDLE,enabled=false] ia:[state=IDLE,enabled=false] emergency:[state=IDLE,enabled=false] mms:[state=IDLE,enabled=false] supl:[state=IDLE,enabled=false] dun:[state=IDLE,enabled=false] default:[state=IDLE,enabled=true]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    05-13 12:55:20.375  2487  2487 D DCT-C-0 : isConnectable() call trySetupData
    05-13 12:55:20.377  2487  2487 D DCT-C-0 : shouldRestrictDataForEcbm: isInEcm=false isInImsEcm=false
    05-13 12:55:20.379  2487  2487 D DCT-C-0 : trySetupData for APN type default, reason: dataAttached, requestType=NORMAL. Data allowed, reason: NORMAL
    05-13 12:55:20.379  2487  2487 D DCT-C-0 : service state={mVoiceRegState=0(IN_SERVICE), mDataRegState=0(IN_SERVICE), mChannelNumber=5110, duplexMode()=1, mCellBandwidths=[10000], mOperatorAlphaLong=AT&T, mOperatorAlphaShort=AT&T, isManualNetworkSelection=false(automatic), getRilVoiceRadioTechnology=14(LTE), getRilDataRadioTechnology=14(LTE), mCssIndicator=unsupported, mNetworkId=-1, mSystemId=-1, mCdmaRoamingIndicator=-1, mCdmaDefaultRoamingIndicator=-1, mIsEmergencyOnly=false, isUsingCarrierAggregation=false, mLteEarfcnRsrpBoost=0, mNetworkRegistrationInfos=[NetworkRegistrationInfo{ domain=PS transportType=WLAN registrationState=NOT_REG_OR_SEARCHING roamingType=NOT_ROAMING accessNetworkTechnology=IWLAN rejectCause=0 emergencyEnabled=false availableServices=[] cellIdentity=null voiceSpecificInfo=null dataSpecificInfo=null nrState=NONE rRplmn=}, NetworkRegistrationInfo{ domain=CS transportType=WWAN registrationState=HOME roamingType=NOT_ROAMING accessNetworkTechnology=LTE rejectCause=0 emergencyEnabled=false availableServices=[VOICE,SMS,VIDEO] cellIdentity=CellIdentityLte:{ mCi=19502607 mPci=52 mTac=4656 mEarfcn=5110 mBands=[12] mBandwidth=10000 mMcc=310 mMnc=410 mAlphaLong=AT&T mAlphaShort=AT&T mAdditionalPlmns={} mCsgInfo=null} voiceSpecificInfo=VoiceSpecificRegistrationInfo { mCssSupported=false mRoamingIndicator=0 mSystemIsInPrl=0 mDefaultRoamingIndicator=0} dataSpecificInfo=null nrState=NONE rRplmn=310410}, NetworkRegistrationInfo{ domain=PS transportType=WWAN registrationState=HOME roamingType=NOT_ROAMING accessNetworkTechnology=LTE rejectCause=0 emergencyEnabled=false availableServices=[DATA] cellIdentity=CellIdentityLte:{ mCi=19502607 mPci=52 mTac=4656 mEarfcn=5110 mBands=[12] mBandwidth=10000 mMcc=310 mMnc=410 mAlphaLong=AT&T mAlphaShort=AT&T mAdditionalPlmns={} mCsgInfo=null} voiceSpecificInfo=null dataSpecificInfo=android.telephony.DataSpecificRegistrationInfo :{ maxDataCalls = 16 isDcNrRestricted = true isNrAvailable = false isEnDcAvailable = false LteVopsSupportInfo :  mVopsSupport = 2 mEmcBearerSupport = 2 mIsUsingCarrierAggregation = false } nrState=NONE rRplmn=310410}], mNrFrequencyRange=0, mOperatorAlphaLongRaw=AT&T, mOperatorAlphaShortRaw=AT&T, mIsDataRoamingFromRegistration=false, mIsIwlanPreferred=false}                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    05-13 12:55:20.379  2487  2487 D DCT-C-0 : buildWaitingApns: E requestedApnType=default
    05-13 12:55:20.381  2487  2487 D DCT-C-0 : getPreferredApn: X not found
    05-13 12:55:20.381  2487  2487 D DCT-C-0 : buildWaitingApns: usePreferred=true canSetPreferApn=true mPreferredApn=null operator=310280 radioTech=14
    05-13 12:55:20.381  2487  2487 D DCT-C-0 : buildWaitingApns: mAllApnSettings=[[ApnSettingV7] Freedom Mobile E911, 1102, 302490, e911.mobilefrdm.ca, , null, , null, null, -1, emergency, IPV4V6, IP, true, 0, false, 0, 0, 0, 0, null, , false, 0, 0, -1, -1]
    05-13 12:55:20.382  2487  2487 E DCT-C-0 : getPreferredApnSetId: cursor is null
    05-13 12:55:20.382  2487  2487 D DCT-C-0 : buildWaitingApns: 0 APNs in the list: []
    05-13 12:55:20.382  2487  2487 D DCT-C-0 : trySetupData: X No APN found retValue=false
    05-13 12:55:20.382  2487  2487 D DCT-I-0 : cleanUpConnectionsOnUpdatedApns: detach=false

It correctly gets the the EHPLMN 310-410 for AT&T, but 310-280 gets chosen instead because AT&T is now using this PLMN for the new white 5G SIM cards. LineageOS tries falling back to the Freedom Mobile APN because there are no APNs in the list with operator 310280. End result is no data connectivity on AT&T.
    The APN for AT&T is in the list, but with mcc=310 and mnc=410, so it won't show up on the list in the Settings app when the PLMN is different.

Code:
    $ adb shell su -c content query --uri content://telephony/carriers | grep "nxtgenphone"
    Row: 1262 _id=1263, name=ATT Nextgenphone, numeric=310410, mcc=310, mnc=410, carrier_id=-1, apn=nxtgenphone, user=, server=, password=, proxy=, port=, mmsproxy=proxy.mobile.att.net, mmsport=80, mmsc=http://mmsc.mobile.att.net, authtype=-1, type=default,mms,supl,fota,hipri, current=NULL, protocol=IPV4V6, roaming_protocol=IPV4V6, carrier_enabled=1, bearer=0, bearer_bitmask=0, network_type_bitmask=0, mvno_type=, mvno_match_data=, sub_id=2, profile_id=0, modem_cognitive=0, max_conns=0, wait_time=0, max_conns_time=0, mtu=1410, edited=0, user_visible=1, user_editable=1, owned_by=1, apn_set_id=0, skip_464xlat=-1

Simple solution is to add a new APN with the same settings as the usual nxtgenphone APN but instead change the MNC to 280 and you should be able to connect now.

Code:
    05-13 15:30:09.955  2476  2476 D DCT-C-0 : onDataSetupComplete: success apn=nxtgenphone
    05-13 15:30:09.955  2476  2647 D DC-C-1  : updateTcpBufferSizes: lte
    05-13 15:30:09.956  2476  2647 D DC-C-1  : updateLinkBandwidthsFromCarrierConfig: LTE
    05-13 15:30:09.959  2476  2476 D DCT-C-0 : completeConnection: successful, notify the world apnContext={mApnType=default mState=CONNECTED mWaitingApns={[[ApnSettingV7] ATT Nextgenphone, 3454, 310280, nxtgenphone, , http://mmsc.mobile.att.net, proxy.mobile.att.net, 80, null, -1, mms | supl | hipri | default | fota | cbs, IPV4V6, IPV4V6, true, 0, false, 0, 0, 0, 0, null, , false, 0, 0, -1, -1] priority=0} mApnSetting={[ApnSettingV7] ATT Nextgenphone, 3454, 310280, nxtgenphone, , http://mmsc.mobile.att.net, proxy.mobile.att.net, 80, null, -1, mms | supl | hipri | default | fota | cbs, IPV4V6, IPV4V6, true, 0, false, 0, 0, 0, 0, null, , false, 0, 0, -1, -1} mReason=connected mDataEnabled=true}
    05-13 15:30:09.960  2476  2476 D DCT-C-0 : return link properties for default
    05-13 15:30:09.961  1402  2288 D TelephonyRegistry: onDataConnectionStateChanged(CONNECTED, LTE) subId=2, phoneId=0

After connecting the phone should get the RPLMN and be on 310-410 and be able to access data services.

Code:
    05-13 15:57:36.288  2476  2476 D RILJ    : [0307]> OPERATOR [PHONE0]
    05-13 15:57:36.326  2476  2627 D RILJ    : [0307]< OPERATOR {AT&T, AT&T, 310410} [PHONE0]
    05-13 15:57:36.374  2476  2476 D SST     : [0] Broadcasting ServiceState : {mVoiceRegState=0(IN_SERVICE), mDataRegState=0(IN_SERVICE), mChannelNumber=850, duplexMode()=1, mCellBandwidths=[20000], mOperatorAlphaLong=AT&T, mOperatorAlphaShort=AT&T, isManualNetworkSelection=false(automatic), getRilVoiceRadioTechnology=14(LTE), getRilDataRadioTechnology=14(LTE), 
    mCssIndicator=unsupported, mNetworkId=-1, mSystemId=-1, mCdmaRoamingIndicator=-1, mCdmaDefaultRoamingIndicator=-1, mIsEmergencyOnly=false, isUsingCarrierAggregation=false, mLteEarfcnRsrpBoost=0, mNetworkRegistrationInfos=[NetworkRegistrationInfo{ domain=PS transportType=WLAN registrationState=HOME roamingType=NOT_ROAMING accessNetworkTechnology=IWLAN rejectCa
    use=0 emergencyEnabled=false availableServices=[DATA] cellIdentity=null voiceSpecificInfo=null dataSpecificInfo=null nrState=NONE rRplmn=}, NetworkRegistrationInfo{ domain=CS transportType=WWAN registrationState=HOME roamingType=NOT_ROAMING accessNetworkTechnology=LTE rejectCause=0 emergencyEnabled=false availableServices=[VOICE,SMS,VIDEO] cellIdentity=CellId
    entityLte:{ mCi=19502600 mPci=52 mTac=4656 mEarfcn=850 mBands=[2] mBandwidth=20000 mMcc=310 mMnc=410 mAlphaLong=AT&T mAlphaShort=AT&T mAdditionalPlmns={} mCsgInfo=null} voiceSpecificInfo=VoiceSpecificRegistrationInfo { mCssSupported=false mRoamingIndicator=0 mSystemIsInPrl=0 mDefaultRoamingIndicator=0} dataSpecificInfo=null nrState=NONE rRplmn=310410}, Networ
    kRegistrationInfo{ domain=PS transportType=WWAN registrationState=HOME roamingType=NOT_ROAMING accessNetworkTechnology=LTE rejectCause=0 emergencyEnabled=false availableServices=[DATA] cellIdentity=CellIdentityLte:{ mCi=19502600 mPci=52 mTac=4656 mEarfcn=850 mBands=[2] mBandwidth=20000 mMcc=310 mMnc=410 mAlphaLong=AT&T mAlphaShort=AT&T mAdditionalPlmns={} mCs
    gInfo=null} voiceSpecificInfo=null dataSpecificInfo=android.telephony.DataSpecificRegistrationInfo :{ maxDataCalls = 16 isDcNrRestricted = true isNrAvailable = true isEnDcAvailable = true LteVopsSupportInfo :  mVopsSupport = 2 mEmcBearerSupport = 2 mIsUsingCarrierAggregation = false } nrState=RESTRICTED rRplmn=310410}], mNrFrequencyRange=0, mOperatorAlphaLong
    Raw=AT&T, mOperatorAlphaShortRaw=AT&T, mIsDataRoamingFromRegistration=false, mIsIwlanPreferred=false}
    05-13 15:57:36.383  2476  3061 D GsmCdmaPhone: [0] getDataConnectionState apnType=default ret=CONNECTED

Hope this helps someone, and the APN gets added to the list.
    lineage has this feature and i can confirm the issue with the latest build
    Yeah looks like it does not like the slightly taller viewport.

I don't think it's something we can solve, but while looking at it i've found some incompatibilities of this rom with Google Camera that will be fixed in the next build
    I'm having a problem with "Google Camera App" when switching Front/Rear camera, it takes forever when comparing to stock rom.
    Have you turned of the navigation hint? I had it with another rom. Turning it back on solved the problem with the camera for me. I don't know if Lineage has this feature, but if yes. You can try this.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware beforehand.
    • To use the eSIM you need to install GApps
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Flash LineageOS zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Flash the addons
    • Reboot
    See https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/redfin/install for more detailed instructions​

Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • On the first boot, you might be presented the message "SIM Manager has crashed". You can safely ignore it.
    Contributors
    aleasto
    The LineageOS Team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    New build out
    The final checkups before official rolls out.
    We've also managed to remove the need for flashing vendor_boot.img so now the install instructions are back in line with other pixels.
    New build out
    Enable Adaptive Sound, Live Captions, Now Playing, Screen Attention pixel features.
    These all work without gapps, and all process data offline.
    New build out
    • Feb 2021 security patch
    • Update modem firmware from the T-Mobile factory images to enable 5G Standalone.
      Google only did this for T-Mobile images (RQ1C.210205.006), but it doesn't seem to negatively affect non T-Mobile users, thus I'm including it in the generic build (RQ1A.210205.004 based).
    Source code will be uploaded to LineageOS repos soon.
    Meanwhile you can view
    my github
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone