• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][redfin] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

shooterlgk

Jul 11, 2012
FrEsNo CA
SBC Dual Channel requires that you disable a2dp hardware offload, for currently unknown reasons
Is there anyway to add customizable qs tiles? I know there was a Gerrit code somewhere that needed to b added to builds in order for that to work but idk where I can find it.most substratum themes work great, except the qs tiles

fress

Dec 13, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21
Guys, i have updated gcam in playstore and now it crashes by the taking picture. Instaled prew apk and everything working.
So the rom must be updated too for working latest gcam with astro timelspse?

Livoirien

Feb 7, 2021
Hey everyone. Wonder if 5ghz hotspot access is now functionnal with the current version of lineage. The preference option is kind of blocked for me at the moment on stock version. I can choose the option ben it keep generate 2.4 Ghz hotspot
Thanks for your help.

fress

Dec 13, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hi, does anyone have problems with the alarm? the alarm clock didn't wake me up after the last update. it started ringing immediately after unlocking the display

Edit: and still google camera FC in latest version when i take photo.

Last edited:

pablo103

Aug 12, 2010
Hi, does anyone have problems with the alarm? the alarm clock didn't wake me up after the last update. it started ringing immediately after unlocking the display

Edit: and still google camera FC in latest version when i take photo.
Google camera and alarm works for me without any problems.

Knuxyl

May 20, 2009
Google Pixel 5
Or version 8.2.300. This worked ok, but without astro timelapse
I found this that seems to work with astro mode. it also worked with 60fps 4k 1/8 slomo, so everything else will prob work

is there any chance of getting compatibility back without modifying the apk? this is a real bummer.

Reactions: Elyey and pablo103

josh4trunks

Sep 16, 2010
Is anyone using this ROM on Sprint? I setup my Pixel 5 yesterday and haven't been able to get MMS to send. Regular SMS works, but trying to send a picture doesn't work on the default messaging app. I need to test more at a different location (with good signal), and also test if receiving MMS works.
Thanks

Knuxyl

May 20, 2009
Google Pixel 5
Is anyone using this ROM on Sprint? I setup my Pixel 5 yesterday and haven't been able to get MMS to send. Regular SMS works, but trying to send a picture doesn't work on the default messaging app. I need to test more at a different location (with good signal), and also test if receiving MMS works.
Thanks
Did you use the sim card first with stock firmware? Did you update the Carrier Services in the play store? Did you check it was automatically selecting the correct APN for your carrier? Do you have a data connection?

josh4trunks

Sep 16, 2010
Did you use the sim card first with stock firmware? Did you update the Carrier Services in the play store? Did you check it was automatically selecting the correct APN for your carrier? Do you have a data connection?
I got the SIM on the stock firmware, made sure data was working then installed LOS.

I didn't try "carrier services" yet, will look into that.

Hmm, not sure how I can check the APN. Yes, I have working data on LOS (tested with wifi off). Was at a park today getting 5G with 175Mbps download!

I have a question regarding the Pixel5. My wife has one and i like to have one either so i am looking/waiting for a cheap used one. my quest is regarding the camera, how is their quality in the LOS image compared to the Stock Rom one? The Stock Rom has this "Astro" Mode and is doing very good pictures in dark mode and less light. Does the LOS camera have similar capabilities of doing good shots in the dark? Sorry for asking here but i didnt find a similar question in other threads. @MOD: Feel free to move this to another thread if this is not the right place. THX.

agnava99

Apr 12, 2020
How can I get the stock rom exclusive features here?
For example, the smart overview tools like that Select feature (normally right next to the screenshot button in overview).
Or the Crash Detection?
Also random side note but I noticed the PlayStore Google Camera works fine, but when Switching between modes the process lags a bit when compared to using it on the stock rom. any help to make lineage os feel closer to stock rom with pixel features?

Top Liked Posts

I love this ROM
    I love the phone

I got the recovery, ROM, and Magisk installed with relative ease.

I just have one problem... I can't get GPay to pass cts no matter what. Basic Integrrity passes. I'm using MagiskHide. I used these two images - anyone have any idea where I could go from here or am I basically never gonna get this working? lineage-18.1-20210721-nightly-redfin-signed.zip and lineage-18.1-20210721-recovery-redfin.img and MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm-20210412_124103.zipwere my starting points.

Hide the magisk app and install MagiskHide Props Config and Universal SafetyNet Fix modules.
    @Michu_z, I just updated to the latest Linage+MicroG version (July 4th) and I have the exact same issues as you - no wifi and constantly resetting cellular connection😞

> I just installed newest LineageOS (7th July 2021) without GAPPS, no wipe - Just recovery mode installation on existing LineageOS for microG (4th July 2021)

Can you please explain this in more detail or point me towards instructions on how to do this? 🙏 And also, do you know what the implications for future OTA updates from this action are? Would I be able to install future OTA updates and would they be from stock LineageOS or from MicroG?
    Without ever rebooting into android, do the following:
    In recovery, sideload the latest official LineageOS (no microg).
    Then navigate to Advanced > Reboot to recovery
    Sideload again the latest official LineageOS (no microg).
    Then reboot to recovery again.
    Now sideload your microg rom.

You can now reboot to android.
    I tried to install update via adb, remove Magisk modules, install Cleanslate kernel, nothing helped me. I have hosts file from Energized Protection to block ads. Maybe this causes problem. Can anybody share stock?
    My problem is that Android OS keep awake device and i don't know why. Thanks.
    I'm running the same build 20210714 with MindTheGapps and battery life for me has been great. I wouldn't class myself a power user so there's no heavy use and leaving it idle from 100% over 6 hours and I'm still in the 90% range
    I have a questions. When I pick up the phone from desk or so always the screen goes on. I don't have found a way to disable it, can someone please tell me how?
    settings > system > gestures > lift to check phone
    Hi,

I've installed the latest version of LineageOS 18.1 for microG on my Pixel 5 (July 4th release), but Wi-Fi is down and the GSM network disconnects every minute or so.

I experienced the same problem with the previous release, then I managed to flash the ROM to stock, then go back to working version 18.1 from April 11th.

This time I even changed the kernel to Proton 1.4, it didn't help me - Still Wi-Fi doesn't start and the network is reset every minute, I can't even make a normal phone call.

Does anyone on the forum know how to fix it (maybe a firmware change)?
    This thread does not support the micro-g version, as they're not provided by LineageOS.
    However you are right that you need to update firmware. This ROM bundles the latest firmware, contrary to the micro-g version.
    I love this ROM
    I love the phone

I got the recovery, ROM, and Magisk installed with relative ease.

I just have one problem... I can't get GPay to pass cts no matter what. Basic Integrrity passes. I'm using MagiskHide. I used these two images - anyone have any idea where I could go from here or am I basically never gonna get this working? lineage-18.1-20210721-nightly-redfin-signed.zip and lineage-18.1-20210721-recovery-redfin.img and MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm-20210412_124103.zipwere my starting points.

Hide the magisk app and install MagiskHide Props Config and Universal SafetyNet Fix modules.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware beforehand.
    • To use the eSIM you need to install GApps
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Sideload LineageOS zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot
    See https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/redfin/install for more detailed instructions​

Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • Stock Google Camera app crashes in Night Mode or Astrophotography. As a workaround, downgrade to version 8.2.300 or use a modded gcam APK.
    Contributors
    aleasto
    The LineageOS Team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    New build out
    The final checkups before official rolls out.
    We've also managed to remove the need for flashing vendor_boot.img so now the install instructions are back in line with other pixels.
    New build out
    Enable Adaptive Sound, Live Captions, Now Playing, Screen Attention pixel features.
    These all work without gapps, and all process data offline.
    New build out
    • Feb 2021 security patch
    • Update modem firmware from the T-Mobile factory images to enable 5G Standalone.
      Google only did this for T-Mobile images (RQ1C.210205.006), but it doesn't seem to negatively affect non T-Mobile users, thus I'm including it in the generic build (RQ1A.210205.004 based).
    Bluetooth HD Audio fixed in the next build