• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][redfin] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

agnava99

Apr 12, 2020
Does Stock Open Gapps package work with Lineage OS? I like Lineage OS exclusive features but I also wanna get Pixel exclusive features like Live Wallpapers, and I'm unsure if that's what will get me those features but I wanna try it if Stock Gapps work.

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
Does Stock Open Gapps package work with Lineage OS? I like Lineage OS exclusive features but I also wanna get Pixel exclusive features like Live Wallpapers, and I'm unsure if that's what will get me those features but I wanna try it if Stock Gapps work.
You will not be able to fit the Stock opengapps package. I don't know which package (if any) includes live wallpapers.

changoland

Sep 14, 2008
Google Pixel 5
I love this ROM
I love the phone

I got the recovery, ROM, and Magisk installed with relative ease.

I just have one problem... I can't get GPay to pass cts no matter what. Basic Integrrity passes. I'm using MagiskHide. I used these two images - anyone have any idea where I could go from here or am I basically never gonna get this working? lineage-18.1-20210721-nightly-redfin-signed.zip and lineage-18.1-20210721-recovery-redfin.img and MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm-20210412_124103.zipwere my starting points.

f8lxninja

Jan 18, 2020
Google Pixel 5
I love this ROM
I love the phone

I just have one problem... I can't get GPay to pass cts no matter what. Basic Integrrity passes. I'm using MagiskHide. I used these two images - anyone have any idea where I could go from here or am I basically never gonna get this working? lineage-18.1-20210721-nightly-redfin-signed.zip and lineage-18.1-20210721-recovery-redfin.img and MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm-20210412_124103.zipwere my starting points.

There's a Magisk zip you can install that will fix that. It's called universal safetynet fix by kdrag0n, you can find it on GitHub.

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
I love this ROM
I love the phone

Hide the magisk app and install MagiskHide Props Config and Universal SafetyNet Fix modules.

Reactions: Jiggs82

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016
I'm thinking of getting the Pixel 5. Could anyone confirm if GCam mods work on this ROM with the GCam Services Framework apk by lukaspieper? That works fine on Oneplus devices, is Pixel any different? I would preferably not install GApps or MicroG, as i value the pure and easy experience Lineage provides.

Also, while i fully realize the nature of custom ROM development and the "no promises, no obligations" approach to development, i still want to ask if @aleasto is planning to maintain this for a while? I'm asking because i'm bummed i spent 500€ on the Nord half a year ago and it will soon be dropped because the maintainer is busy with other projects. It has a crippling audio bug which makes video recordings almost entirely worthless and that's why i need a new phone.

But that's how this works, and it's always a risk a project is abandoned. Thanks for your work!

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
I'm thinking of getting the Pixel 5. Could anyone confirm if GCam mods work on this ROM with the GCam Services Framework apk by lukaspieper? That works fine on Oneplus devices, is Pixel any different? I would preferably not install GApps or MicroG, as i value the pure and easy experience Lineage provides.

Also, while i fully realize the nature of custom ROM development and the "no promises, no obligations" approach to development, i still want to ask if @aleasto is planning to maintain this for a while? I'm asking because i'm bummed i spent 500€ on the Nord half a year ago and it will soon be dropped because the maintainer is busy with other projects. It has a crippling audio bug which makes video recordings almost entirely worthless and that's why i need a new phone.

But that's how this works, and it's always a risk a project is abandoned. Thanks for your work!
you're usually safe with pixels

Reactions: knuff and ccpower

zimral.xda

Apr 5, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S5
Google Pixel 2

I am planning to go exactly the same way. Maybe i buy a used P5 in ~1-1,5 years or take the P5 of my wife and buy her a P6/P7, anyway i am currently happy with a P2, a P3 and my old Samsung klte (all with LOS18.1 and NO gapps). I like these Pixels they have the right size for me to fit in my pants pockets and all Pixels and the good old "klte" are very well supported by their maintainers and they have a very nice users community. You cant go wrong with your strategy :cool:

Reactions: ccpower

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016
I am planning to go exactly the same way. Maybe i buy a used P5 in ~1-1,5 years or take the P5 of my wife and buy her a P6/P7, anyway i am currently happy with a P2, a P3 and my old Samsung klte (all with LOS18.1 and NO gapps). I like these Pixels they have the right size for me to fit in my pants pockets and all Pixels and the good old "klte" are very well supported by their maintainers and they have a very nice users community. You cant go wrong with your strategy :cool:
Thanks. I just bought the Pixel 5, testing a few things on stock first and flashing Lineage a bit later. If i understood correctly, it should be fairly simple to reflash stock rom from Google's dev site, in case i need to.

I'm a heavy camera user though so this shouldn't disappoint, coming from Oneplus. :)

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016
I searched for boot.img in this topic, but i didn't find an answer: is flashing boot.img necessary when going from stock ROM to official LineageOS? It's archived on sourceforge and the official LOS wiki installation instructions for redfin don't mention boot.img at all.

edit: was/is boot.img the recovery? The command to flash it is the same.

edit 2: it works. (y)

Last edited:

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
I searched for boot.img in this topic, but i didn't find an answer: is flashing boot.img necessary when going from stock ROM to official LineageOS? It's archived on sourceforge and the official LOS wiki installation instructions for redfin don't mention boot.img at all.

edit: was/is boot.img the recovery? The command to flash it is the same.

edit 2: it works. (y)
Yes this device uses a unified boot/recovery partition.
Corrected the first post, thanks.

agnava99

Apr 12, 2020
Is there anything that the stock rom has that you can't get here? I only wonder because I like LOS but I like some of the stock roms exclusive features like Pixel Live Wallpaper, or that Smart Selection feature when switching between recent apps. Im just curious how many things I possibly may miss out on when going from stock rom to stock Los.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Regarding Google Camera, I've made a magisk module to easily fix the Night mode crash. Get it here.

Regarding the recent SafetyNet breakage, you can install this magisk module together with the Universal SafetyNet module. (There are many other fixes flying around, feel free to use which ever you want.)
    I'm getting issues with spaces while using the pico gapps from OpenGapps. Any suggestions guys?

Edit: Latest nightly is too big, max seems to be 950.51 MB
    @aleasto

Was there any changes in the september factory image in the proprietary libs? I saw that the device tree and kernel was merged into the los repos. Thanks!
    No changes
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware beforehand.
    • To use the eSIM you need to install GApps
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot lineage-recovery.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Sideload LineageOS zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot
    See https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/redfin/install for more detailed instructions​

Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • Stock Google Camera app crashes in Night Mode or Astrophotography. As a workaround, install this magisk module.
    Contributors
    aleasto
    The LineageOS team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    New build out
    Enable Adaptive Sound, Live Captions, Now Playing, Screen Attention pixel features.
    These all work without gapps, and all process data offline.
    New build out
    The final checkups before official rolls out.
    We've also managed to remove the need for flashing vendor_boot.img so now the install instructions are back in line with other pixels.
    New build out
    • Feb 2021 security patch
    • Update modem firmware from the T-Mobile factory images to enable 5G Standalone.
      Google only did this for T-Mobile images (RQ1C.210205.006), but it doesn't seem to negatively affect non T-Mobile users, thus I'm including it in the generic build (RQ1A.210205.004 based).
    Bluetooth HD Audio fixed in the next build