• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][redfin] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

adXiy

Aug 28, 2018
I'm getting issues with spaces while using the pico gapps from OpenGapps. Any suggestions guys?

Edit: Latest nightly is too big, max seems to be 950.51 MB
I was stuck, but thanks to your message I was finally able to install LOS and OpenGapps.

In my case the installation of OpenGapps failed due to a lack of space when installing these versions:
  • lineage-18.1-20210915-recovery-redfin.img
  • lineage-18.1-20210915-nightly-redfin-signed.zip
  • open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210916.zip
It worked with:
  • lineage-18.1-20210901-recovery-redfin.img
  • lineage-18.1-20210901-nightly-redfin-signed.zip
Note that in the first case I didn't reboot before trying to install OpenGapps (as required according to the wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/redfin/install).

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
I was stuck, but thanks to your message I was finally able to install LOS and OpenGapps.

In my case the installation of OpenGapps failed due to a lack of space when installing these versions:
  • lineage-18.1-20210915-recovery-redfin.img
  • lineage-18.1-20210915-nightly-redfin-signed.zip
It worked with:
  • lineage-18.1-20210901-recovery-redfin.img
  • lineage-18.1-20210901-nightly-redfin-signed.zip
Note that in the first case I didn't reboot before trying to install OpenGapps (as required according to the wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/redfin/install).
6. (Optionally): If you want to install any add-ons, click Advanced, then Reboot to Recovery, then when your device reboots, click Apply Update, then Apply from ADB, then adb sideload filename.zip those packages in sequence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homeboy76

Pixel86

Aug 6, 2021
Can anyone recommend a current DIY YouTube video for installing LineageOS 18.1 on the Pixel 5 as well as passing SafetyNet?

zimral.xda

Apr 5, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S5
Google Pixel 2
Did you check the LOS wiki? All instructions are very clear. i dont use a Pixel5 but a S5klte, a Pixel2 and a Pixel3, and i use only the LOS wiki for any work on these phones.

I personally do not recommend YT as a source for a ROM flash. Everything you need is in the wiki and for further questions you can use this forum.

Pixel86

Aug 6, 2021
Did you check the LOS wiki? All instructions are very clear. i dont use a Pixel5 but a S5klte, a Pixel2 and a Pixel3, and i use only the LOS wiki for any work on these phones.

I personally do not recommend YT as a source for a ROM flash. Everything you need is in the wiki and for further questions you can use this forum.
I did look at the Wiki page. What's not included is the portion on how to pass SafetyNet.

Last edited:

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
That's just a Magisk addon. Go back some pages on here and you ll find a sourceforge link
+ there is the safetynetfix by kdragon
Your url is broken ;)
Also from release v2.1.0 kdrag0n's fix works again by its own (though requires the other magisk framework module Riru).

Reactions: Meowdib

tamamma

Oct 3, 2012
Hi, thanks for your work on redfin! I've been trying various builds of Lineage till the 4th August build and they had a common issue of not being able to load a mbn file via EfsTools. The changes simply refused to write and they used to error out.

However, to my surprise, the 25th August build was finally able to load my carrier's mbn file allowing me to gain access to 5G along with VoLTE/VoWifi so thanks once again for whatever changes made!

A query I had; is there any plan to add exFAT support to the ROM? I vaguely remember official Lineage not supporting it previously but one of my other devices with official does support it (zippo) hence my confusion.
Hi could you tell me how to get EfsTools working with LOS18.1? I'm always getting Critical Error. Timeout..

Reactions: fleece

Knuxyl

May 20, 2009
Google Pixel 5
Well I originally though it was a bug for WiFi to stop advertising after a short amount of time, but come to find out it is Adaptive Connectivity turned on in settings. If anyone else is having this problem, turn off Adaptive Connectivity.

nrd\

Feb 1, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Hi all. Just want to say thank you to the dev, the time spent working on this rom and regular updates.

Just wanted to put this out there, I have Bluetooth headphones and I'm experiencing a low volume issue.
I will connect the headphones and play a video say on YouTube. The sound will briefly go high and then drop to a low level, when the volume is set on max.
I ve searched the Web and found some dev options (disable offload and a2dp hardware offload) and tested them but the low volume reappears as soon as the app refreshes (say switch from one app to another) with sound playing in the background.

I can get the sound to restore to high volume by disabling enabling media audio from the selected Bluetooth device, but switching app on app or anything that causes the playback to refresh will reduce the max volume.

I've also just installed jamesdsp, I can hear the affects but volume still remains low.

Anyone else experiencing this?

zimral.xda

Apr 5, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S5
Google Pixel 2
when is this rom is comeing out with android 12
In my job i try to avoid giving ETA's since decades now.
So the answer is easy: Don't bother the maintainer with questions like these, It is ready, when it is ready.
If everything goes like it has been gone over the last years, you can look at the timeframe of march/April 2022.
Enjoy LOS18.1 so far, it is working fine. :cool: (y)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks.
    In the installation instructions the first thing written in red is that you should be on the latest version of Android 11 for LAOS 18.1, so a downgrade A12 -> A11 seems to be mandatory ^^
    did it and everything worked fine on the first try

One last question:
    After unlocking the bootloader and installing LAOS, can I re-lock it again (since it's an official ROM version)?
    With unofficial ROMs this led either to bootloops or that e.g. Google Pay no longer worked
    NOO! Don't lock the Bootloader if you are running a custom rom. You will end in a bootloop. Relock Bootloader on Pixel devices only if you are on a stock Rom.
    We had that discussion already in the Pixel 3 ROM forum and this is a very good detailed explanation:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/n7yo7u
    I'm currently using Android 12 Stock Version but I don't like it; is it possible to flash LAOS 18.1 over it or do I have to downgrade to Android 11 first?
    There is a (good) chance Lineage Recovery won't boot on 12 firmware.
    If if does boot however, you don't need to downgrade.
    I just unboxed my new Pixel 5 and installed Lineage OS 18.1. But I didnt update from Android 11 to Android 12. So am I expected to have any driver issues or sth. else? I remember on some devices they say update to newest stock software and then install Lineage as for some modem / framework software......
    I think you had no chance to update to the lastest stock A11, so in worst case your phone was on a patchlevel as of last year when the Pixel5 comes out. The procedure in general is to update to the latest level of the stock firmware (A11 in this case) and then flash the actual A11 based LOS which is 18.1. It is not recommended to upgrade to A12 and then flash LOS18.1. If you are on A12 you have 2 options:
    1.) wait for the A12 base LOS19.x
    2.) go back to the latest stock A11 based ROM which is on the google android download page.
    In your case i would run the phone a while and see if you run into any problem. But i dont expect any :)
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware beforehand.
    • To use the eSIM you need to install GApps
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot lineage-recovery.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Sideload LineageOS zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot
    See https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/redfin/install for more detailed instructions​

Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • None!
    Contributors
    aleasto
    The LineageOS team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    New build out
    The final checkups before official rolls out.
    We've also managed to remove the need for flashing vendor_boot.img so now the install instructions are back in line with other pixels.
    New build out
    Enable Adaptive Sound, Live Captions, Now Playing, Screen Attention pixel features.
    These all work without gapps, and all process data offline.
    New build out
    • Feb 2021 security patch
    • Update modem firmware from the T-Mobile factory images to enable 5G Standalone.
      Google only did this for T-Mobile images (RQ1C.210205.006), but it doesn't seem to negatively affect non T-Mobile users, thus I'm including it in the generic build (RQ1A.210205.004 based).
    Bluetooth HD Audio fixed in the next build