• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][redfin] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

williejack619

Feb 18, 2017
In my job i try to avoid giving ETA's since decades now.
So the answer is easy: Don't bother the maintainer with questions like these, It is ready, when it is ready.
If everything goes like it has been gone over the last years, you can look at the timeframe of march/April 2022.
Enjoy LOS18.1 so far, it is working fine. :cool: (y)
wowzer sorry

luckysoul777

Mar 6, 2015
The build will notably include:
Fix for screen off loop with no lockscreen
Reverse wireless charging / Wireless PowerShare functionality (available as a QuickSettings toggle only for now)
I have a Pixel 5 running LOS 18.1. Unfortunately, I simply can't find reverse wireless charging. Could you please enlighten me? Thank you

gorillagurke

Jul 31, 2018
Google Pixel 5
There is a (good) chance Lineage Recovery won't boot on 12 firmware.
If if does boot however, you don't need to downgrade.
Thanks.
In the installation instructions the first thing written in red is that you should be on the latest version of Android 11 for LAOS 18.1, so a downgrade A12 -> A11 seems to be mandatory ^^
did it and everything worked fine on the first try

One last question:
After unlocking the bootloader and installing LAOS, can I re-lock it again (since it's an official ROM version)?
With unofficial ROMs this led either to bootloops or that e.g. Google Pay no longer worked

Thanks.
In the installation instructions the first thing written in red is that you should be on the latest version of Android 11 for LAOS 18.1, so a downgrade A12 -> A11 seems to be mandatory ^^
did it and everything worked fine on the first try

One last question:
After unlocking the bootloader and installing LAOS, can I re-lock it again (since it's an official ROM version)?
With unofficial ROMs this led either to bootloops or that e.g. Google Pay no longer worked
NOO! Don't lock the Bootloader if you are running a custom rom. You will end in a bootloop. Relock Bootloader on Pixel devices only if you are on a stock Rom.

Tralien

Oct 13, 2015
I just unboxed my new Pixel 5 and installed Lineage OS 18.1. But I didnt update from Android 11 to Android 12. So am I expected to have any driver issues or sth. else? I remember on some devices they say update to newest stock software and then install Lineage as for some modem / framework software......

zimral.xda

I just unboxed my new Pixel 5 and installed Lineage OS 18.1. But I didnt update from Android 11 to Android 12. So am I expected to have any driver issues or sth. else? I remember on some devices they say update to newest stock software and then install Lineage as for some modem / framework software......
I think you had no chance to update to the lastest stock A11, so in worst case your phone was on a patchlevel as of last year when the Pixel5 comes out. The procedure in general is to update to the latest level of the stock firmware (A11 in this case) and then flash the actual A11 based LOS which is 18.1. It is not recommended to upgrade to A12 and then flash LOS18.1. If you are on A12 you have 2 options:
1.) wait for the A12 base LOS19.x
2.) go back to the latest stock A11 based ROM which is on the google android download page.
In your case i would run the phone a while and see if you run into any problem. But i dont expect any :)

Tralien

Oct 13, 2015
Just updated to 18.1 from 2021/12/01. did they remove gesturew typing from lineage stock keyboard? Cant find option anymore and cant swipe when typing anymore :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware beforehand.
    • To use the eSIM you need to install GApps
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot lineage-recovery.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Sideload LineageOS zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot
    See https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/redfin/install for more detailed instructions​

Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • None!
    Contributors
    aleasto
    The LineageOS team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    New build out
    The final checkups before official rolls out.
    We've also managed to remove the need for flashing vendor_boot.img so now the install instructions are back in line with other pixels.
    New build out
    Enable Adaptive Sound, Live Captions, Now Playing, Screen Attention pixel features.
    These all work without gapps, and all process data offline.
    New build out
    • Feb 2021 security patch
    • Update modem firmware from the T-Mobile factory images to enable 5G Standalone.
      Google only did this for T-Mobile images (RQ1C.210205.006), but it doesn't seem to negatively affect non T-Mobile users, thus I'm including it in the generic build (RQ1A.210205.004 based).
    Bluetooth HD Audio fixed in the next build