[ROM][OFFICIAL][redfin] LineageOS 20

Search This thread

user602

May 8, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Nexus 7
Will someone using Magisk and gapps please outline their steps to update the ROM?

When updating to the 17 Feb build from the earlier one, I tried sideloading the lineage zip but ran into an error. I don't remember what the error was, but I had to flash a factory image to get the device to boot again; I was then able to successfully flash the 17 Feb build.

Thanks!

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
Will someone using Magisk and gapps please outline their steps to update the ROM?

When updating to the 17 Feb build from the earlier one, I tried sideloading the lineage zip but ran into an error. I don't remember what the error was, but I had to flash a factory image to get the device to boot again; I was then able to successfully flash the 17 Feb build.

Thanks!
Added instructions to OP

user602

May 8, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Nexus 7
I have been using the 17 Feb build with gapps, Magisk and kdrag0n's Universal SaftyNet Fix Magisk module. For anyone needing more detailed instructions, this is how to update to the latest build:

After downloading latest ROM zip, gapps, and v22.0 or newer Magisk apk:
1. Reboot to LOS Recovery, apply update > apply from ADB
2. adb sideload <filename of ROM zip>, reboot recovery
3. apply update > apply from ADB, adb sideload <filename of gapps zip>
4. adb sideload <filename of magisk apk> reboot system

Edit: Thanks to @aleasto for laughing at my original post and sharing an easier way. 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: CrashTestDroid

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
I have been using the 17 Feb build with gapps, Magisk and kdrag0n's Universal SaftyNet Fix Magisk module. For anyone needing more detailed instructions, this is how I updated to the latest build.

After downloading latest ROM.zip, boot.img, and gapps:
1. Reboot to LOS Recovery, apply update > apply from ADB
2. adb sideload <filename of ROM zip>, reboot recovery
3. apply update > apply from ADB, adb sideload <filename of gapps zip>, reboot to system
At this point I checked Magisk Manager, and Magisk was not installed.

To re-install Magisk:
4. Transfer boot.img to phone, and patch with Magisk Manager using Install > select and patch a file; transfer patched boot.img to computer
5. Reboot to bootloader, fastboot flash boot <filename of patched boot img>, reboot system
I checked Magisk Manager again; Magisk was installed, and SafetyNet passed. All Magisk modules were still enabled, and Manager retained root permissions and Hide settings.

I am not used to flashing without TWRP, so there may be a better way to do this; I am simply sharing what worked for me and hope it helps somebody else.
Just sideload magisk in recovery lol

Neuken6969

Sep 25, 2018
Hi all I am still on the Feb build, while playing with some audio files .. Only 1 speaker is working. So my question isn't there 2 speakers, and if so is this issue a ROM issue?

indishcurry

Nov 24, 2016
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 5
i successfully installed latest unofficial lineageos with pico gapps and magisk. almost everything is working, here my remarks:
  • data transfer tool keeps crashing when trying to finish pixel setup
  • playstore states phone as uncertified, but magisk hide works for other apps
  • stock email client is missing
thanks @aleasto for your work!

shooterlgk

Jul 11, 2012
FrEsNo CA
I'm not sure if anyone here uses substratum but has anyone tried theming the qs tiles? Im not sure if it's the rom missing the ability to do so, or the themes might not be compatible but to the developer, any idea what I'm talking about? Here's a pic of the issue

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210309-142414_substratum_lite.png
    Screenshot_20210309-142414_substratum_lite.png
    189.2 KB · Views: 60

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for your advise.
    I have been following the gerrit pretty closely...

I have gotten help from the devs to some degree, but smart ass remarks usually make me retort in kind, and for whatever reason asking for help or pointing out issues isn't welcome. I have been building for myself without releasing, had made a few changes I really liked right before the new year, was working on a public release for whenever the last google update released, which now has been 14.0.0_r28 based--then something changed in their import process somewhere because syncing and building with new tag imports like I have been doing for years now suddenly isn't smooth any more since sometime in January.

L21 had a perfect repo two weeks ago, could run your commands and leave it running without having to watch for anything and get a fully operation build, as far as Redfin is concerned from my testing, even though it was 14.0.0_r25 based, so I was going to use that to bring an pure AOSP offering public I have been working on now with the r28 aosp sources...

anyway, as of right now, a build from a fresh sync from late last night has made it to 39% so far... we will see
    I just upgraded my new Pixel 5 to LineageOS 21. I followed the upgrade wiki and it was seamless.

I used MindTheGapps 14.

My phone works great and I now have all of the latest security updates!

Thank You LineageOS!
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware.
    • To use the eSIM you need to install GApps
    Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • None!
    Contributors
    mikeioannina
    aleasto
    The LineageOS team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    New build out
    The final checkups before official rolls out.
    We've also managed to remove the need for flashing vendor_boot.img so now the install instructions are back in line with other pixels.
    New build out
    • Feb 2021 security patch
    • Update modem firmware from the T-Mobile factory images to enable 5G Standalone.
      Google only did this for T-Mobile images (RQ1C.210205.006), but it doesn't seem to negatively affect non T-Mobile users, thus I'm including it in the generic build (RQ1A.210205.004 based).
    New build out
    Enable Adaptive Sound, Live Captions, Now Playing, Screen Attention pixel features.
    These all work without gapps, and all process data offline.
    Bluetooth HD Audio fixed in the next build