[ROM][OFFICIAL][redfin] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

Gymcode

Jan 21, 2019
I'm currently running stock Pixel on Android 11, but because some apps may potentially not work in Android 12, may I know if LOS 18.1 is still valid for Android 11?

The apps I'm concernthat may not work in Android 12 are:

1. Viper4Android
2. Swift/Substratum Theme Installer

Thanks

elong7681

May 23, 2015
US
Moto X4
Google Pixel 2 XL
I'm currently running stock Pixel on Android 11, but because some apps may potentially not work in Android 12, may I know if LOS 18.1 is still valid for Android 11?

The apps I'm concernthat may not work in Android 12 are:

1. Viper4Android
2. Swift/Substratum Theme Installer

Thanks
Viper4android and Swift Backup work on A12

Reactions: Gymcode

bleh815

May 6, 2010
Google Pixel 5
For me OTA takes ages on 19.1 despite the priorization switch beeing enabled. It's running for about 40 mins now and still ~50% to go. This used to be a few minutes thing before the upgrade.

I also have an annoying issue with Android Auto now. When the phone remains plugged and I turn on the car again AA is not connected. I have to re-plug the device every time to get AA connected again. This worked seamlessly before.

Thanks for making all of this happen anyways!

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
For me OTA takes ages on 19.1 despite the priorization switch beeing enabled. It's running for about 40 mins now and still ~50% to go. This used to be a few minutes thing before the upgrade.
I did notice the update seems to stop when not connected to USB and the screen is off.
In your experience does it stop or just procede very slowly?
You could also try disabling prioritization.

bleh815

May 6, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I did notice the update seems to stop when not connected to USB and the screen is off.
In your experience does it stop or just procede very slowly?
You could also try disabling prioritization.
After i wrote the above comment i had played a bit with pause and resume on the ongoing update and also toggled priorization a few times. All of a sudden the remaining 50% where finished just within a few minutes or so. Taking into account your comment it might have been just the fact that the screen was on so the update could finish. I will have a closer look on this with the next OTA.

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
After i wrote the above comment i had played a bit with pause and resume on the ongoing update and also toggled priorization a few times. All of a sudden the remaining 50% where finished just within a few minutes or so. Taking into account your comment it might have been just the fact that the screen was on so the update could finish. I will have a closer look on this with the next OTA.
Beware that actually the update always finishes when the progress bar gets to about 50%...

and313

Nov 2, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Does anyone have location requests on system level since the last 2 updates? Even if location is off i get the green dot... Too lazy to look at logs... Am i the only one?

redsmith

Apr 11, 2011
Does anyone have location requests on system level since the last 2 updates? Even if location is off i get the green dot... Too lazy to look at logs... Am i the only one?
This is happening in other custom ROMS. Only thing that helps is disabling "location indicator" at the bottom of developer settings.

Reactions: Pixel86

hotplex

May 14, 2017
Just want to ask one more time before I try another method. Has anyone else have issues with the built-in LineageOS firewall (Apps Info > Mobile data & Wi-Fi) not working properly with just the "VPN data toggle" on? Appreciate any feedback on this.

itaspor982

May 22, 2022
I had a swipe up gesture issue in stock ROM so decided to install Lineage OS yesterday, but this custom rom also has the same issue. Is anyone else facing it?

Navigation gestures that don't work (sometimes): Swiping up from bottom for app drawer/ go to home.

Pixel86

Aug 6, 2021
Hopefully this is a simple question. I've been running LineageOS since 18. Decided to finally root today via Magisk. When I update weeklies now via the built-in updater, will I keep root or will I need to boot back into recovery (after updating) and reflash Magisk to re-root?

DroidRommer

Aug 12, 2016
Hopefully this is a simple question. I've been running LineageOS since 18. Decided to finally root today via Magisk. When I update weeklies now via the built-in updater, will I keep root or will I need to boot back into recovery (after updating) and reflash Magisk to re-root?
As far as I'm aware magisk and root, etc. should all remain intact when you update weeklies. I updated mine to the latest nightly a few mornings ago and root permissions were still there. 👍

Reactions: Pixel86

DroidRommer

Aug 12, 2016
Has anyone ever tried any custom kernels or anything with lineageOS 19.1? I think the battery life and everything is great I'm just curious if anyone has tried to flash a kernel over it. Or maybe there is an lsposed module or something that will allow kernel tweaks? If this is a stupid idea I completely understand, I just love tweaking everything on my pixel. Custom ROMS and rooting has been a huge hobby of mine since like 2015 lol. Also any good theming tweaks? I really like a red and black theme if that's possible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware.
    • To use the eSIM you need to install GApps
    Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • None!
    Contributors
    mikeioannina
    aleasto
    The LineageOS team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    New build out
    Enable Adaptive Sound, Live Captions, Now Playing, Screen Attention pixel features.
    These all work without gapps, and all process data offline.
    New build out
    The final checkups before official rolls out.
    We've also managed to remove the need for flashing vendor_boot.img so now the install instructions are back in line with other pixels.
    New build out
    • Feb 2021 security patch
    • Update modem firmware from the T-Mobile factory images to enable 5G Standalone.
      Google only did this for T-Mobile images (RQ1C.210205.006), but it doesn't seem to negatively affect non T-Mobile users, thus I'm including it in the generic build (RQ1A.210205.004 based).
    Bluetooth HD Audio fixed in the next build