[ROM][OFFICIAL][redfin] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

Pixel86

Aug 6, 2021
Has anyone ever tried any custom kernels or anything with lineageOS 19.1? I think the battery life and everything is great I'm just curious if anyone has tried to flash a kernel over it. Or maybe there is an lsposed module or something that will allow kernel tweaks? If this is a stupid idea I completely understand, I just love tweaking everything on my pixel. Custom ROMS and rooting has been a huge hobby of mine since like 2015 lol. Also any good theming tweaks? I really like a red and black theme if that's possible.
Have you tried fsociety kernel v1.43?

Pixel86

Aug 6, 2021
I have a lots of trouble with the latest build from 25.5. Wlan is mostly not working, battery drain is terrible and the phone lags almost. Go to the settings is nearly impossibly.

Did anyone of you face this too?
I am running the 25May2022 weekly build also with no issues. Battery and performance has been great.
Did you just install it?

Micha_Btz

I am running the 25May2022 weekly build also with no issues. Battery and performance has been great.
Did you just install it?
no, I have switched to 19.1 at the first official available build. Build from 0405 and 180522 are both fine.
Can I force to switch to the other partition? Maybe there was something wrong by the latest update?
I use only LOS with the magisk 24.3.

Pixel86

Aug 6, 2021
Anyone else have issue updating to the 6/01 build? The built in updater got stuck at finalizing at the 50% mark. I then tried to update via recovery but got the dreaded Error 7 "kinstalldeviceopenerror". While looking at the recovery logs, there were lines about not being able to find thermal sensors 🤷.

Geordie Boyo

Apr 4, 2008
Been a loooong time since i flashed a phone, but toying with flashing my pixel 5 to this custom rom.
Just one thing i use banking apps in the UK and google pay, so does this custom rom allow it?

And, i've simply cannot remember how to flash the TWRP recovery to the pixel 5? Already have the phone bootloader unlocked. Looked on youtube but cant really see any guides

Anyone help please? TIA.

bleh815

May 6, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I fool my banking apps with Magisk and "Universal SafetyNet fix" but there is no need to do so unless you root your phone.

Nowadays I don't permanently flash TWRP but just fastboot it when I need it.

Reactions: Pixel86

bleh815

May 6, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I did notice the update seems to stop when not connected to USB and the screen is off.
In your experience does it stop or just procede very slowly?
You could also try disabling prioritization.
So i've watched the situation carefully with this month's update.

I can confirm that the updater stops when the screen gets locked. As long as I keep the device unlocked or have a charger plugged it continues to progress.

And if it does it's pretty quick. This is the case for the phase "first start is beeing prepared" at least.

But it's worse with the phase "package installation is beeing finalized". Even with Updater process prioritized the progress is very slow. I'm sure this used to proceed much faster with LOS 18.1

Durchmesser

Oct 14, 2015
On days with high humidityi I have the Problem that suddenly the Powerbutton is extremly sensible. On such days my phone somtimes call the emergency which get called if you several times in a row press the powerbuton.

I look for a way to deactivate this. Any Idea how?

hunter12

Just installed Lineage 19 and found the "At the glance" widget.
I found some informations that you can add content to the lock screen with "At the glance".
But don't have the advanced options to select the content which is shown.
Is this even possible with lineageos?

Mustard Tiger

Apr 23, 2018
Google Pixel 5
Switched from stock 12.10 to lineage 19, wifi calling no longer works. It shows it's on in settings but is not actually working no wifi calling logo in status bar, can't send texts or make calls. Checked APN settings, permissions, battery restrictions on system apps regarding carrier stuff. Redid installation of os to make sure I didn't miss any steps, all works fine when in range of a tower. Has anyone else had anything similar happen? I'm wondering if this could be something with the modem config.

Pixel86

Aug 6, 2021
Switched from stock 12.10 to lineage 19, wifi calling no longer works. It shows it's on in settings but is not actually working no wifi calling logo in status bar, can't send texts or make calls. Checked APN settings, permissions, battery restrictions on system apps regarding carrier stuff. Redid installation of os to make sure I didn't miss any steps, all works fine when in range of a tower. Has anyone else had anything similar happen? I'm wondering if this could be something with the modem config.
I am on Google Fi and WiFi calling works on the latest 22June2022 version of Lineage 19.1 without issue. What carrier are you using?

Mustard Tiger

Apr 23, 2018
Google Pixel 5
I am on Google Fi and WiFi calling works on the latest 22June2022 version of Lineage 19.1 without issue. What carrier are you using?
I am on Telus which supports wifi calling and it worked on this phone before the switch to lineage. I've also tried proton os and wifi calling works on that ROM as well so I am wondering if it sounds like a modem config issue I should also mention i am using mindthegapps aswell

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware.
    • To use the eSIM you need to install GApps
    Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • None!
    Contributors
    mikeioannina
    aleasto
    The LineageOS team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    New build out
    Enable Adaptive Sound, Live Captions, Now Playing, Screen Attention pixel features.
    These all work without gapps, and all process data offline.
    New build out
    The final checkups before official rolls out.
    We've also managed to remove the need for flashing vendor_boot.img so now the install instructions are back in line with other pixels.
    New build out
    • Feb 2021 security patch
    • Update modem firmware from the T-Mobile factory images to enable 5G Standalone.
      Google only did this for T-Mobile images (RQ1C.210205.006), but it doesn't seem to negatively affect non T-Mobile users, thus I'm including it in the generic build (RQ1A.210205.004 based).
    Bluetooth HD Audio fixed in the next build