[ROM][OFFICIAL][redfin] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

Pixel86

Aug 6, 2021
Has anyone ever tried any custom kernels or anything with lineageOS 19.1? I think the battery life and everything is great I'm just curious if anyone has tried to flash a kernel over it. Or maybe there is an lsposed module or something that will allow kernel tweaks? If this is a stupid idea I completely understand, I just love tweaking everything on my pixel. Custom ROMS and rooting has been a huge hobby of mine since like 2015 lol. Also any good theming tweaks? I really like a red and black theme if that's possible.
Have you tried fsociety kernel v1.43?

Pixel86

Aug 6, 2021
I have a lots of trouble with the latest build from 25.5. Wlan is mostly not working, battery drain is terrible and the phone lags almost. Go to the settings is nearly impossibly.

Did anyone of you face this too?
I am running the 25May2022 weekly build also with no issues. Battery and performance has been great.
Did you just install it?

Micha_Btz

I am running the 25May2022 weekly build also with no issues. Battery and performance has been great.
Did you just install it?
no, I have switched to 19.1 at the first official available build. Build from 0405 and 180522 are both fine.
Can I force to switch to the other partition? Maybe there was something wrong by the latest update?
I use only LOS with the magisk 24.3.

Pixel86

Aug 6, 2021
Anyone else have issue updating to the 6/01 build? The built in updater got stuck at finalizing at the 50% mark. I then tried to update via recovery but got the dreaded Error 7 "kinstalldeviceopenerror". While looking at the recovery logs, there were lines about not being able to find thermal sensors 🤷.

Geordie Boyo

Apr 4, 2008
Been a loooong time since i flashed a phone, but toying with flashing my pixel 5 to this custom rom.
Just one thing i use banking apps in the UK and google pay, so does this custom rom allow it?

And, i've simply cannot remember how to flash the TWRP recovery to the pixel 5? Already have the phone bootloader unlocked. Looked on youtube but cant really see any guides

Anyone help please? TIA.

bleh815

May 6, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I fool my banking apps with Magisk and "Universal SafetyNet fix" but there is no need to do so unless you root your phone.

Nowadays I don't permanently flash TWRP but just fastboot it when I need it.

Reactions: Pixel86

bleh815

May 6, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I did notice the update seems to stop when not connected to USB and the screen is off.
In your experience does it stop or just procede very slowly?
You could also try disabling prioritization.
So i've watched the situation carefully with this month's update.

I can confirm that the updater stops when the screen gets locked. As long as I keep the device unlocked or have a charger plugged it continues to progress.

And if it does it's pretty quick. This is the case for the phase "first start is beeing prepared" at least.

But it's worse with the phase "package installation is beeing finalized". Even with Updater process prioritized the progress is very slow. I'm sure this used to proceed much faster with LOS 18.1

Durchmesser

Oct 14, 2015
On days with high humidityi I have the Problem that suddenly the Powerbutton is extremly sensible. On such days my phone somtimes call the emergency which get called if you several times in a row press the powerbuton.

I look for a way to deactivate this. Any Idea how?

hunter12

Just installed Lineage 19 and found the "At the glance" widget.
I found some informations that you can add content to the lock screen with "At the glance".
But don't have the advanced options to select the content which is shown.
Is this even possible with lineageos?

Mustard Tiger

Apr 23, 2018
Google Pixel 5
Switched from stock 12.10 to lineage 19, wifi calling no longer works. It shows it's on in settings but is not actually working no wifi calling logo in status bar, can't send texts or make calls. Checked APN settings, permissions, battery restrictions on system apps regarding carrier stuff. Redid installation of os to make sure I didn't miss any steps, all works fine when in range of a tower. Has anyone else had anything similar happen? I'm wondering if this could be something with the modem config.

Pixel86

Aug 6, 2021
Switched from stock 12.10 to lineage 19, wifi calling no longer works. It shows it's on in settings but is not actually working no wifi calling logo in status bar, can't send texts or make calls. Checked APN settings, permissions, battery restrictions on system apps regarding carrier stuff. Redid installation of os to make sure I didn't miss any steps, all works fine when in range of a tower. Has anyone else had anything similar happen? I'm wondering if this could be something with the modem config.
I am on Google Fi and WiFi calling works on the latest 22June2022 version of Lineage 19.1 without issue. What carrier are you using?

Mustard Tiger

Apr 23, 2018
Google Pixel 5
I am on Google Fi and WiFi calling works on the latest 22June2022 version of Lineage 19.1 without issue. What carrier are you using?
I am on Telus which supports wifi calling and it worked on this phone before the switch to lineage. I've also tried proton os and wifi calling works on that ROM as well so I am wondering if it sounds like a modem config issue I should also mention i am using mindthegapps aswell

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an open source and community project. Why don't you go ahead and write the feature list?

Also, You're not risking warranty with a Google phone.
    Sure I'll glady help and write the feature list. I just need someone to tell me what the features are as I genuinely do not know them. I didn't know that flashing a custom rom wouldn't void your warranty, thanks for letting me know. @aleasto That is a big relief and should also be noted in the OP to help encourage newcomers. Warranty or not you still risk the function of a $700 phone, you get what I'm saying. If anyone wants to help put a feature list together, please help by responding with some of the ROM's features. @aleasto is there anychance of getting a web installer like the Proton ROM has?

LineageOS Features
    • Google Apps: LineageOS offers the ability to be completely free of Google Apps if you choose to do so.
    • Custom Recovery: The LineageOS Recovery is a recovery environment that comes with the ROM, and it’s the most compatible with direct integration to the system. The official LineageOS updater works with it, and all subsequent updates after installing the ROM can be installed with it, too. It has all of the barebones features that you need to manage your installation and none of the additional features that you don’t.
    • LineageOS Trust: Trust is a centralized interface within LineageOS ROMs (located in Settings > Security and Privacy) and it’s home to all of LineageOS’s security features. You can get an overview of the status of core security features like Privacy Guard and more, as well as get explanations on how to make your device secure and your data private.
    • CPU Overclock: The CPU is overclocked to increase the phone's performance.
    • Trebuchet Launcher: The stock android launcher is replaced with the Trebuchet launcher which is a fork of the AOSP launcher, Launcher 3 with added features such as icon pack support.
    • Stock Apps: While Android as an operating system is open-source, many applications that you need for a complete smartphone experience aren’t. A lot of apps that were previously maintained by Google as a part of AOSP no longer receive updates, and the company replaced them on retail devices with Google-ified versions. This results in the LineageOS project having to update, or outright replace, many system applications that Google abandoned. Not every app that you get as a part of LineageOS that you may see here will be present, as Google apps packages may replace some of them. As we opted not to install Google apps for the purposes of this hands-on, though, this is the complete out-of-the-box experience that you get with LineageOS 19.
      • Audio FX App: The AudioFX app is essentially an equalizer built right into the system, with different audio profiles too. You can enable reverb, boost the bass, and change between different audio profiles to fit what you’re listening to. It’s the same AudioFX app that’s been present on LineageOS for years, so fans will recognize it immediately.
      • Calander App: The Calendar application in LineageOS 19 is the same as what was introduced in the previous iteration. LineageOS has forked the open-source Etar Calendar (which itself is based on AOSP Calendar) and added a few changes. It displays any calendars synced to your device using Android’s built-in CalDAV provider and looks pretty good.
      • Clock App: The Clock app is more or less exactly the same as what you’ll find on a Google Pixel smartphone, and for that matter, exactly the same as Google’s own Clock app, too. You can set alarms, timers, view the time, and just, in general, do all of the time-related things you’ve come to expect from your phone.
      • Jelly Launcher App: The LineageOS Jelly Browser is a classic favorite of many, as it’s been around for a long time at this point. It’s well designed with useful features and with privacy at the heart of it.
      • Recorder App: The recorder app will serve your basic audio recording needs.
    • Status Bar: The status bar can be heavily customized, with various clock/battery styles and an optional network traffic monitor.
    • Custom Button Actions: LineageOS 19 also has more options for your phone or tablet’s buttons than stock Android (and most OEM skins). If you keep the default three-button navigation bar, you can set custom actions for holding down or double-tapping the Home button and long-pressing the Recents button. There’s also an edge long swipe action that you can enable.
      As for physical buttons, the power button can be set to turn the flashlight on or off, and the volume rocker can answer calls or control music playback. You can also enable a short press of volume down and power to take a partial screenshot, which is better than taking a screenshot and cropping after. There are a lot of options that you won’t get pretty much anywhere else.
    • Volume Slider Notification: This is actually a change in LineageOS 19, but the volume slider now not only slides out from the right-hand side, but it also has an additional two panes that can be popped out to adjust alarm and notification sound, too. In contrast, Pixel devices have an overlay that comes up from the bottom when you want to modify more audio options. This is a lot cleaner and more out of the way.
    • Brand New Wallpapers: With LineageOS, you get a brand new line of wallpapers. from you to choose from.

Features notes taken from these sources
    • LineageOS 19 Hands-On: This is what you get with the official builds, By Adan Conway on the XDA Forums - LINK
    • LineageOS: All You Need to Know About the Most Popular Android ROM. By Rahul Nambiampurath on MakeUseOf.com - LINK
    LinageOS Social Media
    Yeah but when somebody has a $700 phone and risks it's warranty for your product, you should at least let them know what they're getting into. It's not about selling the product,. it's about informing the users. I understand where you're coming from but, listing features should only take like 5 minutes of editing the original post, if that. By reading the original post,. the only thing that you tell me and the rest of the entire world about your rom is that it's based on the AOSP Android Open Sourdce Project and can be used without Google App. I'm sure your ROM has much more than that to offer.

I'm running LineageOS and while it's nice and I recommend it, having a list of the features by the developer would make it extremely helpful as a user to understand what I'm getting and also to help spread the word and help the rom keep its livelihood. If someone were to ask me what all of the benefits of the rom are, all I have is a post by the developer saying that nobody wants to do the boring work, I have nothing to give them or reference to.

You already made the rom, you should be excited to talk about it and list it's features. I would highly recommend to take a few minutes out of you day and list all of the features of the ROM. I along with all of your other users would greatly appreciate it.
    This is an open source and community project. Why don't you go ahead and write the feature list?

Also, You're not risking warranty with a Google phone.
    I did the same, dirty flashed over the Google ROM, but have to reboot the recovery right after flash and do a data wipe to get LOS to boot. Maybe that's causing it, who knows. If I could get QPST to connect to my phone I could probably solve the VoWifi issue in Carrier settings xml.
    I even tried to alter the build.prop file, but for some reason Total Commander cannot save the edits I made, claims not enough space even after I changed the properties of the file to read/write. When I copy the file to my desktop and alter it, then try to paste it back into the /system folder, all the text in the build.prop file is suddenly erased. Not sure what's causing that.
    I may try your route to see if I can dirty flash LOS over Proton.
    I think EvoX is a lot lineage based.
    Try stock>proton>EvoX>lineage dirty flashes..
    Might get it.. 🤞
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware.
    • To use the eSIM you need to install GApps
    Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • None!
    Contributors
    mikeioannina
    aleasto
    The LineageOS team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    New build out
    Enable Adaptive Sound, Live Captions, Now Playing, Screen Attention pixel features.
    These all work without gapps, and all process data offline.
    New build out
    The final checkups before official rolls out.
    We've also managed to remove the need for flashing vendor_boot.img so now the install instructions are back in line with other pixels.
    New build out
    • Feb 2021 security patch
    • Update modem firmware from the T-Mobile factory images to enable 5G Standalone.
      Google only did this for T-Mobile images (RQ1C.210205.006), but it doesn't seem to negatively affect non T-Mobile users, thus I'm including it in the generic build (RQ1A.210205.004 based).
    Bluetooth HD Audio fixed in the next build