• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix v5.8.3 [Z3/Z3dual] [NOUGAT][07-03-2017][OTA]

Search This thread
A

aclegg2011

yIZy9Xg.jpg

TIe1tVB.png

About Resurrection Remix ROM ®
Installation
Downloads and useful links

About Resurrection Remix ROM ®

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on AOKP, CM, PA, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy![/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Resurrection Remix[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]supporting many devices[/font]

Special thanks to the AOKP team ParanoidAndroid team, the CM team, OMNI team and of course to all the supporters

Installation Files

Resurrection Remix z3/Z3dual Releases

Recommended and tested GAPPS for this rom:

Open GAppshttp://opengapps.org/ http://opengapps.org/

Changelog

Big thanks to:

XDA developers

CM team

Kang (AOKP) team

Omni team

Slim rom

Thanks to
@nailyk
@tomascus
@xkeita
@derf elot
@panzerox123
@Robot76
@gr8st
@mcgi5sr2
@rcstar6696
@yecomixer
@TheAvengingTITAN
@@AdrianDC
@@doriandiaconu
@SuperLamic
@DiscMan55
@drakonizer
@aclegg2011
@DevUt
@tomascus
@blackhawk_LA
@erickas
@malacha
@jimRnor
@optimumpro
@steadfasterX
@Myself5

All the members of the ivy team: @Quarx, @Olivier, @cdesai, @Myself5 and the one I miss.

TeamWin
LineageOS
All the dev who made the downstream kernel

AND OF COURSE TO ALL THE SUPPORTERS, DONATORS AND USERS

Device Source Code: http://www.github.com/Sony-Stock-CM/android_device_sony_z3
Kernel: http://www.github.com/Sony-Stock-CM/android_kernel_sony_msm8974

XDA:DevDB Information
Resurrection Remix v5.8.3 Nougat 7.1.2, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3

Contributors
aclegg2011
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2017-06-26
Last Updated 2017-07-03

A

aclegg2011

Reserved

The rom is rootless! Make sure to flash magisk or supersu for root!

Last edited:

HEKER510

Dec 2, 2012
forum.xperia.cz
Bro install this Unlocked bootloader for z3 d6603
1.Twrp 3.0.2.0
2.Wipe cache,system,data,dalvik
3.Flash rom + flash gapps arm+7.1+nano?
4.Reboot done ???
Please reply thankx :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Karlmadur

saaber.shoyeb

Jan 7, 2014
New York
Reports?

Can anyone report if they have already tried this out? RR is the modder's delight ROM, or so to speak. Been stuck with rooted stock ROM due to lack of customizable custom roms for z3 and all the drm complications that arise...

Tux111

Yes, there are mainly 2 problems:

1 - Bugged brightness. Sometimes (1 on 5 maybe, but probably depend on room brightness) when i wake up screen, brightness goes up or completely down automatically (with ALL brightness settings related set to off, like aut. brightness, live display ecc). Really annoying bug;

2 - Charge speed. With Stock ROM, you need max 160 min to perform a full charge (0 to 100%). Now, with this fantastic ROM, i need 175 min to perform a 26-100 charge (that mean like 185-190 min for a full charge). Can't understand why. Something wrong with kernel? Voltage problem? Some special tweak from sony in stock kernel? I saw its a common bug of Nougat ROM for Sony Z3.

Little mention to Camera focus (that focus what she want, not what i press) but i know there is quite nothing to do with this, btw photo quality its really good, didn't expected.

A part this (hope you can all resolve this, would be awesome) i think this ROM is simply incredibly good. Now i'm testing battery life, but i think will perform better. Let's see (i normally get 6+ hours display on, on stock MM).

(P. S.: Someone know whats standard governor on MM/LP stock firmware?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Debbii

rorodu41

May 29, 2015
Blois
Yes, there are mainly 2 problems:

1 - Bugged brightness. Sometimes (1 on 5 maybe, but probably depend on room brightness) when i wake up screen, brightness goes up or completely down automatically (with ALL brightness settings related set to off, like aut. brightness, live display ecc). Really annoying bug;

2 - Charge speed. With Stock ROM, you need max 160 min to perform a full charge (0 to 100%). Now, with this fantastic ROM, i need 175 min to perform a 26-100 charge (that mean like 185-190 min for a full charge). Can't understand why. Something wrong with kernel? Voltage problem? Some special tweak from sony in stock kernel? I saw its a common bug of Nougat ROM for Sony Z3.

Little mention to Camera focus (that focus what she want, not what i press) but i know there is quite nothing to do with this, btw photo quality its really good, didn't expected.

A part this (hope you can all resolve this, would be awesome) i think this ROM is simply incredibly good. Now i'm testing battery life, but i think will perform better. Let's see (i normally get 6+ hours display on, on stock MM).

(P. S.: Someone know whats standard governor on MM/LP stock firmware?)

As for the brightness all nougat rom on the z3 have the same probleme and same things for the charging
it take around 5-6 hour to charge from 5% to 100% with a 2.1 AMPS charger and take even longer if i use the phone :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tux111

As for the brightness all nougat rom on the z3 have the same probleme and same things for the charging
it take around 5-6 hour to charge from 5% to 100% with a 2.1 AMPS charger and take even longer if i use the phone :rolleyes:

5-6 hours? wtf? in your case cant be ROM problem, it must be cable or charger. If i need 3 hours, you cant need 5-6, too much difference for same ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FOR ALL
    I my rom is [ROM][OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix v5.8.3 [Z3] [NOUGAT][07-03-2017][OTA]
    1.NO patcher for framework.jar Only flashing cam.zip reboot
    2.one photos and
    3. CLEAR DATA "Camera","Camera Common" and if you have 4k, CLEAR DATA"Video"
    4.reboot recovery flashing [MOD]Z3 MM] Cyberian Camera 8.0 [Updated 06/29/2017]
    5.reboot
    6.done
    very fast camera and no crashing very very thankx all developer [ROM][OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix v5.8.3 [Z3/Z3dual] [NOUGAT][07-03-2017][OTA]
    and developer [PORT] [STOCK SONY CAMERA] [Z2, Z3, Z3c] for Nougat ROMs by opendata
    BIG THANKXXXXXXXXX @aclegg2011 @mkdmc @opendata BROTHERSSSSS :) I AM HAPPY :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Doru soyluyorsun kardawim ama ben wuanda slimm 3.8 kullaniyorum telefonu zorlasam bile 60 dereceye gucle cikiyor ama bu linege os resurectin romlari nedense fazla isiniyor stabillik konusunda soz soylersem allah carpar stabiller ama normal isinsa yani 50 fazlasi 55 guzel olur ama suanda mecburen slimm rom kullanoyorum

Guys English pls...no one understand what you're all saying.
    @aclegg2011 Why hasn't there been any update on this rom for a while?
    suanda slimm rom geri donmus durumdayim linege os 14.1 ve resurection remix 5.8.3 hatalari giderilmese geri donmek isdemiyorum sebeb 1 hafdadi rom yazmaktan yoruldum telefonumada zarar geliyor bu sebeblerden artik beklemem gerekdiyini duwunuyorum

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

benim inistagram ve ya basqa bi uyqulamada 55 derece ya 70 derece goruyor buda fazla isinma demek gelisdiriciler su isinmayi ve parlaklik ayarlarini pil dueltirlerse rom cokk guel olur ama suan icin gunluk kullanima yararli olmadigini dusunuyorum:{

Guys, this is an international forum in wich we speak english!
    If you could use english, we all could understand and maybe also help ;)
    Can I ask for a newbie step-by-step guide how to install this rom on my MM D6603? I read ****load of info on the internet and left me confused what I need to do first: root or TWRP? rom or Gapps?
    So I'd really appreciate if someone could give me a link or do me a step-by-step guide!

Sure, let me help you. I'm specialized to write newbie guides xd.
    I suggest you to use my method, that i used more (probably) then 10 times right now (there are probably faster ways, but i like this).

1 - Flash Stock Sony ROM 4.4 with flashtool (called Sony Mobile flashed by Androxide, i use 0.9.23.2 version), clicking on flash icon, selecting "flashmode" and setting APPS_LOG and USERDATA under the section WIPE (to assure, when 4.4 rom will boot up, no apps start to crash all the time and make phone always reboot). To flash, simply start the process, shutdown phone, Volume Down and connect phone to PC. Flash will aut. start;

2 - After 4.4 ROM boot up, ROOT it with giefroot 3.1. To do this, you need to enable USB debug, mock locations and remain active options in Deleoper Options. Also, for giefroot, you need to set Flight Mode and to shut down GPS, NFC and Bluetooth if theyre active. After this, you can easily ROOT;

3 - At this point, if you want, you can make a backup of DRM keys to save sony algorithms. Do it with Backup-TA-9.11 tool that you can easily find on web. Really easy, just connect phone and follow terminal infos;

4 - At this point, you MUST unlock your bootloader. For doing this, follow this link, select Z3, and follow site steps (it will ask for IMEI and e-mail. Check spam folder.). After e-email arrived, follow the link inside e-mail and you will simply have to follow sony bootloader unlock steps. Quite easy, you need adb, a cable, a terminal and write down inside terminal sony guide commands. Be sure you unlocked your bootloader before proceed.

5 - Root again! Bootloader unlock will remove root and reset ROM, but previously root was obligatory to make a correct TA-partition backup.

6 - Time to install Recovery. I used NUT Dual Recovery (avoid XZDualRecovery-2.8-RELEASE, it will not work, idk why). Another easy step: just connect phone, accept root and let him flash recovery;

7 - After this recovery install, you will directly be inside recovery. DoWipe Data, Wipe Dalvick Cache and Wipe Cache and install ROM. Immediately after ROM, install Google Apps 7.1. Immediately after Google Apps, install SuperSu 2.82. After all this, you can finally reboot (don't let twrp install others things automatically)

8 - Now, ROM will reboot some times. At first start, it will probably stay like 5 minutes stopped. When you see screen brightness goes down while loading boot animation, wait 3 min and shut down phone pressing Volume Up and Power button. 3 Vibrations and it will shut down. At this point, just switch on the phone and it should start in 2 minutes or less with no prob.

Why using this method?

It works everytime like a charm on Sony Z3 6603.

Why avoid this method?

NUT Dual recovery quite always break down when you install a new ROM that not include a Recovery (not RR case fortunally, that have TWRP integrated). This mean that if you want to switch another ROM, you cant come inside recovery and change it, but you need to repeat the full process up here (reflash stock sony 4.4 ROM ecc.).

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

People seeing the massive battery drain:

Try wake lock detector and see if it discovers the culprit of the drain.

Sounds like the phone can't deep sleep / has constant processes running in the background.

Install and open the app. Grant SU and then after a few hours some stats should show which services are pulling the most battery.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector

Not sure how useful this is it might get somewhere though
    I already tryed that app some days ago to found the problem, but i unistalled thought it was not working lol. Now i'm going to try again (after reading i need 1-2 hours at least to gain some wakelock informations). Let's see. This battery drain is common in all Nougat ROM for Z3 btw.