[ROM][Official] ResurrectionRemix v6.1.0 - Oreo [8.1.0_r36]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

washoq

May 25, 2016
I did a clean installation of this ROM, the June 8 version. The ROM boots well and everything seems fine. However as soon as I install the latest 64 bit version of OpenGapps Nano, I begin to get lots of "Close" errors and the ROM becomes unusable. Why is this happening if I did a clean installation? Is the official OpenGapps compatible with the Resurrection Remix official?
You need to install gapps right after the ROM (without booting).

Reactions: SupaJ

Gabrieloalgo

Jun 24, 2015

22yWbDq.png

Resurrection Remix Oreo

Last update works fine. Removed Google Feed from home screen tho. Camera is like a machine gun with steroids now (compared to last version). Some aplications "force close" on opening but seems to be a time up problem cause they don´t really close, you tap the Wait Application to Respond and everything works fine.

One mayor drawback: VIPER4Android does not work at all. That app is the only reason I rooted the phone to begin with. Hopefully next update will address that. Other than that, best ROM for Moto G5 Plus now. Period.​

Dahenjo

Oct 18, 2014
CT
One major drawback: VIPER4Android does not work at all. That app is the only reason I rooted the phone to begin with. Hopefully next update will address that. Other than that, best ROM for Moto G5 Plus now. Period.

Magisk has a module for installing ViPER4Android that works fine for me on all the current ROMs. It offers more than one module for it actually, but I'm using the one by ShadySquirrel. I agree it's a main reason for rooting, along with ad-blocking. Magisk has many add-on modules, another very good one I use is YouTube Vanced for background play + no ads.

Reactions: Chronzy

Gabrieloalgo

Jun 24, 2015
Magisk has a module for installing ViPER4Android that works fine for me on all the current ROMs. It offers more than one module for it actually, but I'm using the one by ShadySquirrel. I agree it's a main reason for rooting, along with ad-blocking. Magisk has many add-on modules, another very good one I use is YouTube Vanced for background play + no ads.

I didn´t know that. Can you tell me please your installation process?

I have the last RR ROM, Magisk v16.0 (with forced closing happening) and the module it has on is the Arise Magisk Compatibility Module v5.0. BTW I´m installing Viper from the ARISE+Magnum+Opus 20180105 zip file, the one with the modified .prop file for installing. Have not tried the Aroma installer on this version.

Can I install as normal and just donwload the other Magisk module or is it another zip file or process?

Thank you!!

Dahenjo

Oct 18, 2014
CT
I didn´t know that. Can you tell me please your installation process?

Open Magisk, from its menu select Downloads, scroll or search for module, when you get to it tap little down-arrow, in pop-up window select INSTALL (not DOWNLOAD), when done installing select Reboot, after rebooting the familiar V4A icon is in your app drawer ready to use, that's it! So much easier than using the ARISE/Magnum Opus package and works every time for me. If installing more than one module select Close after first one(s) and then Reboot after the last one.

Reactions: Gabrieloalgo

Gabrieloalgo

Jun 24, 2015
Open Magisk, from its menu select Downloads, scroll or search for module, when you get to it tap little down-arrow, in pop-up window select INSTALL (not DOWNLOAD), when done installing select Reboot, after rebooting the familiar V4A icon is in your app drawer ready to use, that's it! So much easier than using the ARISE/Magnum Opus package and works every time for me. If installing more than one module select Close after first one(s) and then Reboot after the last one.

***Just Did that and seems to work until I change the song... Then Viper stops working and I have to turn it off and back on

***Lying. it works like a charm. You deserve a million dollars bro. Thaks from the bottom of my cold heart.

Last edited:

ikarann

Mar 24, 2017

22yWbDq.png

Resurrection Remix Oreo

Installation Files

ROM (official)

Open GApps 8.1

Changelog

How to Build Resurrection Remix ROM Tutorial

Resurrection Remix Github Source

XDA Rules

Donate

Liked my work? Give me a beer

Big thanks to:

XDA developers

LineageOS team

DU

Omni team

AND OF COURSE TO ALL THE SUPPORTERS, DONATORS AND USERS

Device Source Code: Device Tree

Kernel: Kernel Source

Code:
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
A lot.

XDA:DevDB Information
ResurrectionRemix, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
jhenrique09
Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix/

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-02-23
Last Updated 2018-05-25

This is just to thank you dev ? thank you for such a great ROM...I don't have any issue ...this is the most stable ROM for moto g5 plus . I am on RR v6.0 + ace kernel ...installed Dolby+viper4android. Rooted with magisk. Every single thing works without any issues. The rom is so smooth. Gaming is great too , I play pubg on 60fps. I just wanted to thank you for this rom. You are awesome dev. And I am looking forward for android p now ?

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

I flashed Ace Kernel and battery drains a lot (the same happens with the kernel of the ROM).
Which kernel is better in that sense?

What?? Your battery is draining on ace kernel?? Mine is great with ace and rom kernel also. If you don't play games just flash the rom kernel again and put your CPU on powersave in kernel auditor ...that's it you will have a lot of battery with it but you can't play games like pubg very smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone