• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][9.0] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • HWC

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][9.0] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Contributors
Stricted, danwood76
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-07-06
Last Updated 2019-08-19

Last edited:

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
changelog

• disabled CPUSETS in kernel (thanks @danwood76 for the hint)
    • using common camera wrapper to avoid any potential camera issues (thanks @danwood76)
    • august security patch
    • Fixed remaining HWC issues (we now build with no hacks to upstream LineageOS) (thanks @danwood76 )
    • Added buildprop to skip waiting for buffer fences to signal (thanks @Ivan_Meler )
    • SELinux cleanup
    • Migrate to new HIDL LiveDisplay and Touch HAL
    • Build new HIDL lights HAL
    • Synced with latest LineageOS sources
    • Regenerated kernel defconfig based on old oreo kernel
    • july security patch
    • increase microphone gain (media & camcorder)

Last edited:

DerTopher

Mar 30, 2015
Mic bug still present

Thank you Stricted for the hard work and for continuing and releasing YOUR 16.0 version.
Unfortunately in you latest built I still experience the microphone issue.
Any audio recorded (i.e. speech messages) with the phone is too silent.
I suspect the bug is related to the fact that there is a second noise cancellation mic built into the device.

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
Thank you Stricted for the hard work and for continuing and releasing YOUR 16.0 version.
Unfortunately in you latest built I still experience the microphone issue.
Any audio recorded (i.e. speech messages) with the phone is too silent.
I suspect the bug is related to the fact that there is a second noise cancellation mic built into the device.

that should be better in the next build (15.1 and 16.0)

JMek

The right choise of google apps is "ARM, 9.0, Aroma".

Or must I use another paket?
Same as always. ARM > 9.0 > Pico or bigger solution (entirely up to ur needs)

Version Information

Created 2019-07-06
Last Updated 2019-07-06
Ooooh, thank u man! :good::laugh:

TheSBTech

May 6, 2019
Thank you Stricted.

Man. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for this. Everything works just fine for me. The system feels a bit sluggish but I knew it was going to be like that. Also, The first 10 minutes while I was charging my phone, the battery was going down. And then out of nowhere it started going up again. weird. But anyways, it works great! Keep up the work! And is there a kernel that overclock the system to have less lags? Thanks again Stricted.

Stricted

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Hesse
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S7
Man. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for this. Everything works just fine for me. The system feels a bit sluggish but I knew it was going to be like that. Also, The first 10 minutes while I was charging my phone, the battery was going down. And then out of nowhere it started going up again. weird. But anyways, it works great! Keep up the work! And is there a kernel that overclock the system to have less lags? Thanks again Stricted.
im not aware of any modified kernel which is able to boot pie

on my other devices too. will see ...
with devices i meant 2 s5 neo devices :)

JMek

well if you dont give me the error it tells you i cant do anything about it
Yeah sorry i was on rush earlier so i had to reflash the first one cause i needed it immediatly working; i'm going to re-downlaod it and re-try and let u know.

But one question: is there a way to enable the WPS connect (for the WiFi) or it has been removed on los16?

EDIT: Well, funny thing, when i had that error i was making a clean flash, now with a dirty flash, no error... :D
I think it was error 7 btw.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • HWC

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][s5neolte][SM-G903F][9.0] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Contributors
    Stricted, danwood76
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-07-06
    Last Updated 2019-08-19
    To update to official from my relases:

Download the migration zip attached to this post.
    Download the latest nightly: https://download.lineageos.org/s5neolte

Flash the migration zip and the official nightly in the same zip queue in TWRP.

Reboot, enjoy.
    good news everyone
    its now official https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/s5neolte
    builds will show up tomorrow at https://download.lineageos.org/s5neolte

you will have to wipe data to switch to the official builds

It is possible to add AOD?

ih theory yes bu i havent yet looked into that
    the lag problem will be fixed with the next build
    im waiting a few days until the august security patch is merged and will post a new build then
    new build (20190729) is up https://mega.nz/#!ccxEDQYJ!kXTkw0p3_uyozW5KTa6jTVpNy3BLyDBn-T1SaYi8L8A

changelog:
      • Fixed remaining HWC issues (we now build with no hacks to upstream LineageOS) (thanks @danwood76 )
      • Added buildprop to skip waiting for buffer fences to signal (thanks @Ivan_Meler )
      • SELinux cleanup
      • Migrate to new HIDL LiveDisplay and Touch HAL
      • Build new HIDL lights HAL
      • Synced with latest LineageOS sources
      • Regenerated kernel defconfig based on old oreo kernel

i hope that the config regeneration fixed the wakeup issues, unfortunately i havent had much time to test that yet

i want to give a huge thanks to @danwood76 at this point for his awesome work on fixing hwc